Guy Gardner #8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy Gardner #8

This series is way better than I thought it would be.

And in #8 there is an Editor's note that made me laugh out loud.

First twelve or so issue highly recommended. I really like this version of Guy Gardner more than Vol4 on, he seems to be more toned down now.

What was the note? I probably don't have the issue.

Comment

I think Gerard Jones wrote the best version of Guy. If you haven't read The Road Back, you should order it from Amazon or Ebay. Guy totally steals the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        What was the note? I probably don't have the issue.
        It's better to read the 8 or so issues for the joke to be funny, I don't want to spoil it. I'm sure someone will anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
          I think Gerard Jones wrote the best version of Guy. If you haven't read The Road Back, you should order it from Amazon or Ebay. Guy totally steals the story.
          Agreed! I really hated Guy Gardner around GL #200+, but they made it believable why such a total a**hole would still have a ring (Guardians were in turmoil). At some points he's outright evil, trying to kill Hal Jordan. But into Vol3, they turn Guy into the "antihero-you-love-to-hate", instead of just hate. His escapades with the Justice League are really funny too.

Comment

I started this series & I'm really getting a kick out of it too. I'll keep an eye out for the mystery in issue #8. I'll have to look out for those JL issues too. What year & # are they?
            Red Lantern Djs
            Guy's Drinking Buddy
            Last edited by Red Lantern Djs; 01-08-2015, 03:48 AM.

Noir Movies! Late Night Every Saturday http://moviestvnetwork.com/noir

Comment

Originally posted by guygardner View Post
              I started this series & I'm really getting a kick out of it too. I'll keep an eye out for the mystery in issue #8. I'll have to look out for those JL issues too. What year & # are they?
              Guy Gardner started in 1992 and ran 16 issue (through 1994) when it became Guy Gardner: Warrior and ran through #46 (1996).

But if you like Guy as a lantern, you may want to check out Emerald Warriors which ran for a year in 2010.

Comment

Yes get Emerald Warriors for sure! If you don't have GL V2 from about #180-224 then those are must-haves for Guy, also GL V3 #1-25. As far as Justice League... it's like issues #1-60 and on (http://mycomicshop.com/search?TID=103671). They tie into GLV3 (and later V2 I think). But once Guy turns into "Warrior" he loses his magic IMO.

Comment

I thought Beau wrote great dialogue but I didn't care for his plotting. The Warrior concept may have been the real problem though.

Comment

Working...
                  X