Movie costume.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie costume.

Kid lantern had me thinking about what a GL movie costume Should be. So I figured as far as it sit now,out of all the current media GL versions you have seen wich costume do you think would be best suited for a new GL movie?

Right now I am leaning towards, The DC vs MK version.

Also here is a quick doodle I did of an armor costume idea I drew while on the phone. If you have a drawing concept show us.

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...1&d=1390020407
    Attached Files
    Rotten2thecorps
    Alpha-Lantern
    Last edited by Rotten2thecorps; 01-18-2014, 04:49 AM.
    Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

I liked the idea they had for the GL movie, having the costume be like a second skin. But I think they should just do an armor suit for the Green Lanterns in future movies. Something like the costumes from First Flight/Emerald Knights.

Or even something like Hal Jordan's suit in Injustice.
    Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

Probably something more armoured like people here have said. Either way, as long as it's not that awful CGI thing again, I'm happy. In fact just ban CGI all together.
      Originally posted by IonFan
      (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
      Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
      If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
      Originally posted by Quaker
      I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

I have mixed feelings about the CG costume. Granted it is not as bad as it looked when first leaked. I really don't like the Green on green, and if it cost as much as the WB claimed they sure did not get thier money's worth.

I was looking at the Injustice GL fig and I was thinking with some color changes the Regime costume would not be so bad.

Comment

i didn't mind his costume in MK vs DC Universe

Comment

Yeah I think the MK one is pretty cool too. I am not saying I am 100% sold,but I would love to see some Costume prototypes that look more like that.

Comment

I want black rubber, like a diving suit, with day-glo plasticky green parts. Almost fetishy, like a life-sized action figure. Not CG, not fabric like the Spider-Man suits.

Comment

The MK outfit is awesome, one of my favorites, but I'm not sure it can be pulled off in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                  I want black rubber, like a diving suit, with day-glo plasticky green parts. Almost fetishy, like a life-sized action figure. Not CG, not fabric like the Spider-Man suits.
                  I was with you until you said Fetishy. My main 2 unbreakable rules for movie costumes now are No leather and It can't look Gimpy or S & M like. I would like to see something that looked kinda has a Space suit feel to it. Not as thick as a normal Space suit,but something that looks like it eveolved from a couple thousand years.

Comment

GL suits resembling this more than all the weird textures, with one less villain, and the movie itself wouldn't have been half as bad....

~KL~

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
                      I was with you until you said Fetishy.
                      Well, I said almost fetishy... I don't want a gimp suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                        Well, I said almost fetishy... I don't want a gimp suit.
                        Fair enough, I am just so tired of bad costumes. I get there has to be some change for merchandising sake but Ihonestly feel less changes is more.

Comment

I know it is a contraversy but the real big costume question is. To white glove, or not to white glove. I am pro white glove. I get why others don't like it but I think white really pops on the costume.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
                            I know it is a contraversy but the real big costume question is. To white glove, or not to white glove. I am pro white glove. I get why others don't like it but I think white really pops on the costume.
                            Well I'm very much pro-white gloves in the comics but I'd have to see them on a movie costume to know if they'd work. For instance I think the GL movie costume would've looked even worse with them.

Comment

I'm not so keen on white gloves. I like to keep the number of colours to a minimum. They just don't look quite right in live action. Plus with black hands and green armbands, the ring stands out better and is a good look in general. Fully green gloves though are not really wanted either.

Maybe this for a basic design would look good.
                              Originally posted by IonFan
                              (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                              Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                              Originally posted by Quaker
                              I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Working...
                              X