Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is DC gearing up to kill off Kyle again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is DC gearing up to kill off Kyle again?

Seems to be a lot of hubbub lately about Kyle's days being numbered, that he must inevitably sacrifice himself a final time to save the universe.

I'm not saying it's impossible -- though stupid and already done, if true -- but it's being murmured about in so many solicits and even in-book that I feel like it's a red herring. Perhaps it is actually John Stewart who will be meeting his end, his temporary stay of execution cancelled after his planned death was leaked a long ways back.
    Yep
    26.09%
    Nah
    43.48%
    They're going to kill John Stewart instead
    4.35%
    They can, but if they do I'm done with GL comics
    26.09%

I think they might kill him again, but in a way so that they can bring him back later next year.

Comment

It's not going to happen. But it would be cool if they killed him off and replaced him with the classic Kyle from Convergence.

Comment

God I hope not. because I can already see a number of people on this board trying to blame Goeff for it.

That said it would be less then honest to say that he dose not need a major overhaul. I don't pick up his book anymore. I would like to See DC try something new,by trying not to do new things for a while. The closer Kyle moves back to his roots the better chance they have of me reading him again. I would kinda like to See Mars come back and start off a new reboot,but with the last thing you did on Green Lantern being the most important,his closeing off the Kyle's run was terrible So maybe it's best to bar him for life from Kyle.
        Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

I just read the solicits for March. NG, GLC, and RG are all slated to end at 40 and...it's not looking well.
          Soiler quote: (highlight to read)

Once and for all, Kyle will come to terms with his destiny as the White Lantern, filler of the Reservoir behind the Source Wall that keeps our universe from destructing. But how can he ever accept the fact that this role will soon kill him? The fate of the White Lantern will be revealed in this extra-sized final issue!

I'm very, very unhappy.

Comment

My wild guess is that Kyle will end up passing the White Lantern torch to Saint Walker, who will then begin a search for the next bearer, with the idea being that the position gets passed on down through the ages so there is always somebody ready to answer the call should the reservoir get too low...

Though I wouldn't necessarily like such a fate for Saint Walker, since I expect if anybody ends up being the White Lantern after Kyle, they will likely then fade into obscurity and MAYBE get trotted out occasionally for some big crossover.

Comment

Well , according to NG: Futures End, Kyle is gonna die. And don´t give me the "future issues never happen", when in one of the solicits, Sinestro gets to fight the Apex League, the same guys that decimate his corps in his FE issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Pax View Post
                Well , according to NG: Futures End, Kyle is gonna die. And don´t give me the "future issues never happen", when in one of the solicits, Sinestro gets to fight the Apex League, the same guys that decimate his corps in his FE issue.
                But the FE story was 5 years in the future, wasn't it? And Kyle was still alive then. So if we are to follow the path laid out by THAT, then Kyle can't die until that long has passed, and we all know how long it takes for five years to actually pass in a comic...infinity.

Comment

Death in comics: The desperate pitch for sales and last resort when writers can't think of anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                    But the FE story was 5 years in the future, wasn't it? And Kyle was still alive then.
                    Sort of.

Comment

I just wished they would let the writers do some exporing with the New 52 characters before laughing them into their next multi-cross over huge summer/ winter/ fall/ spring event. We had no time to learn about the NEW histories of the heroes before they started trying to AWE and Surprise us. The writers all suck right now.

Comment

Don't know. The only reason I might think there may be a possibility is because there is clearly a big new status quo change coming, which coincides with WB taking firmer control of DC, and we really don't know what they'll do. Having all these protagonists around in Green Lantern may not suit their interests. So... *shrug* really don't know. Just have to wait and see what happens.
                        ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

I'm all for them killing John at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
                            I'm all for them killing John at this point.
                            I don't know if I could handle that. John was a part of my childhood. I'd rather they just stop dumping tragedies on him to mask that they don't know what to do with him, and give him to more talented writers.

Comment

Oh wow, if we could only get them to kill Simon quick fast and in a hurry, all would be well!

Comment

Working...
                              X