No announcement yet.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I imagine something will cause him to loose his hair at some time in the film, using longer hair to begin with would probably emphasise how much hair Lex lost and it could fuel his hatred for Superman.
    Originally posted by IonFan
    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
    Originally posted by Quaker
    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• I've got a theory. It has no backing - no one has every said anything about this so take it strictly as fanboy dreaming with a little basis in reality.

So Kevin Smith has been given a lot of access to BvS. He confirmed Batman's costume coolness long before it was revealed and he's been a 100% supporter of the project from day 1. Recently we've seen the rumor about all the future DC movies including "The Batman" coming in 2019. What if... What if all the access Kevin Smith has been given is because they want him to write and/or direct it?

Discuss.

Comment

• Maybe.
        Originally posted by IonFan
        (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
        Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
        If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
        Originally posted by Quaker
        I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• Originally posted by BTomaselli View Post
          I've got a theory. It has no backing - no one has every said anything about this so take it strictly as fanboy dreaming with a little basis in reality.

So Kevin Smith has been given a lot of access to BvS. He confirmed Batman's costume coolness long before it was revealed and he's been a 100% supporter of the project from day 1. Recently we've seen the rumor about all the future DC movies including "The Batman" coming in 2019. What if... What if all the access Kevin Smith has been given is because they want him to write and/or direct it?

Discuss.
          I agree with you and I've been speculating about this for the past few weeks. It's possible that WB will hire Smith to direct one of their upcoming DC films. If it's true, hopefully he doesn't bail out on it like he did with The Green Hornet film.

Comment

• Smith is a bit lazy to take on such a high budget production. He can't even be bothered to finish writing comic book miniseries that he takes on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
              Smith is a bit lazy to take on such a high budget production. He can't even be bothered to finish writing comic book miniseries that he takes on!
              In that case, scratch Smith as a director for a future DC film. The most he could do is probably co-write one of them.

Comment

• Smith should be involved with the production that bridges the tv universe in Arrow and the Flash with the movie-verse pre-JL film... make a Batman/Arrow crossover of some kind before the JL film comes to pass. Maybe just a cameo in Arrow, perhaps an episode using a Smith villain like Onomatopoeia where Bats shows up around the end.

~KL~

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                  Smith is a bit lazy to take on such a high budget production. He can't even be bothered to finish writing comic book miniseries that he takes on!
                  Well, I don't think any studio would hire him to helm a blockbuster-style actioner (and last I heard he didn't want one), but I don't think the laziness is a fair charge for his cinematic work. Supposedly, he's fairly good about staying on target once cameras are rolling. He's just a slow writer.

I too, however, have been wondering about his connection to DC and the WB. I know he's good friends with Affleck, but that doesn't seem to justify this level of insider knowledge. My guess is he will be doing something for them even if it's in a advising or producing level.

Comment

• I'd love to see Smith be involved in some way with the greater DC cinematic universe. He has the enthusiasm for it, and when given enough room to breathe and do his thing, he manages a film, very, very well. True, his writing would no doubt need supplementation just because of timing, but I feel like he could do very solid work for DCCU.

Comment

• Originally posted by BTomaselli View Post
                      I've got a theory. It has no backing - no one has every said anything about this so take it strictly as fanboy dreaming with a little basis in reality.

Discuss.
                      Kevin Smith turned down Green Hornet because he's afraid of big budget productions and doesn't want to do them.
                      He's not a good enough director for this anyway.

Comment

• I think he is. The only problem is his own self-doubt.

Comment

• His comedies are mostly great. On the other hand, have you seen Red State? It's a mess.
                          I like it, but it's a mess of a movie.

Comment

• Red State was a conscious attempt to change the direction of the movie by 180 degrees every couple of minutes. It was an experiment. He wouldn't do that with a big budget fantasy action movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
                              Kevin Smith turned down Green Hornet because he's afraid of big budget productions and doesn't want to do them.
                              He's not a good enough director for this anyway.
                              Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                              I think he is. The only problem is his own self-doubt.

For what it's worth, Superman Lives showed some promise despite the studios' insistence on certain aspects being met. I personally dig his attempt at Green Hornet, and adore the comic it was eventually turned into. I know he could do it, but as Heide said, the biggest problem is Smith himself not feeling up to task.

But give him a shot at anything involving Batman, and I think he'd overcome just to tackle the opportunity.

Comment

• I'm a big fan of Kevin Smith films, but I rather have Affleck star and direct the next Batman film. The Town was a great gritty film and Argo was an awesome thriller.
                                You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Working...
                                X