No announcement yet.

5 Reasons Kyle Needs a New Suit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He DOESN'T have to be special, become the torch bearer again, or be a "snowflake!" I just think he needs a new suit that's more Kyle Rayner and less Hal Jordan.

Part of what makes the character iconic isn't just his crab-mask, its the constant change of appearance. Except for now that he's a GL full-time he doesn't need a special ring or an entity inside of him. A new suit every few years is enough. Unless something is made that is a real keeper and cool with the Kyle fans. And by Kyle fans I don't mean the people that only read him when he's in a Hal book.... I mean the fans like myself who enjoyed reading about and watching the character grow over the 10-15 years he's been around.

~KL~

Comment

Kyle Rayner should get his own book.

Call it Shoe Shopping With Kyle or hell... make it a Connor, Wally, Roy and Kyle book and just call it Sex And The City and be done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
        hell... make it a Connor, Wally, Roy and Kyle book and just call it Sex And The City and be done with it.
        LMFAO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
          Kyle Rayner should get his own book.

Call it Shoe Shopping With Kyle or hell... make it a Connor, Wally, Roy and Kyle book and just call it Sex And The City and be done with it.
          I love this man. In a completely hetero-way, I have a serious man crush on Naysay. Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post

oh man those suits look hella gay and that's on the real, ya erd. why you do my nig John like that?

Comment

I've always thought a 3 of a Kind book would work for Kyle, Wally, and Connor. Give it to Marz or Morrison and it'd be a hit.

SD, I just threw a similar suit on John for shits and giggles. If it was a new Honor Guard standard or something I'd see John falling in line. I'm still working on the collars.... it didn't look too bad on paper.

~KL~

Comment

while i think there should be a costume change for the honor gaurd it has nothing to do wit kyle himself the honor guard should stand out as different the title does give them a name that requires something special in the sense of their apperance this way when they get involved it kind of tells people this is an important moment

Comment

My favorite Kyle costume was his post Ion one... he had adjusted his ring to be even more unique... and he seemed to hit a new level of maturity based on a new understanding of his powers and place in the universe. It also shows off his newer logo... which has become more standard... and now recently passed onto a reborn Sodam Yat...

"My name is Kyle Rayner. When I was a kid, I never could decide what I wanted to be when I grew up. Now I know. I'm Green Lantern. I'm a hero."

Comment

~KL~
                    I see what youre doing with making them look more like Ganthet, but just make the white more of a dark gray and I think those would look pretty awesome.

Comment

Fixed the collars, tweaked John's suit to look a little more like his last one, and added Arisia.

I like taking the black out of the color scheme. I've always liked Arisia's outfit and LOVED the original Ion.

~KL~

Comment

Originally posted by MunkyX View Post
                        My favorite Kyle costume was his post Ion one... he had adjusted his ring to be even more unique... and he seemed to hit a new level of maturity based on a new understanding of his powers and place in the universe. It also shows off his newer logo... which has become more standard... and now recently passed onto a reborn Sodam Yat...

i 2nd that

[B]

~KL~

~KL~
                        ok with the collars (both new and old) they look like preachers, is that where your going with this

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                          ok with the collars (both new and old) they look like preachers, is that where your going with this
                          It was supposed to be similar to the Guardians' collars without sticking out like a gay disco Booster Gold collar like they sometimes have.

The idea was a new Alpha-Lantern type Internal Affairs/Honor Guard, maybe even tapping into the Ion power once it's retrieved.

The preacher reference is funny because my nephew told me today it looked like something the Pope would wear.

~KL~

Comment

The preacher reference is funny because my nephew told me today it looked like something the Pope would wear.

~KL~
                            lol well it does lol

what happened to the other new looks you had for Kyle, i'd like some of them
                            IonFan
                            Forum Member
                            Last edited by IonFan; 06-03-2010, 01:32 AM.

IonFan says

Comment

h@ll if anything this is the look for Kyle

Kyle
                              http://averant.deviantart.com/art/GL...ight-143081703 < I LIKE THIS LOOK, WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE WITH BN THIS IS THE LOOK I'D LIKE TO SEE HIM COME BACK IN!

IonFan says

Comment

what happened to the other new looks you had for Kyle, i'd like some of them
                                I was just trying something else new.

I like the white trim on the green chest area, I actually had something similar on the designs above when I still had a little black in there.

~KL~

Comment

Working...
                                X