Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Hal dying in The End have any ramifications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Hal dying in The End have any ramifications?

I have finally read the Wrath of the First Lantern TPB and Hal Jordan kills himself to be able to wield the Black Ring. After Hal/Nekron finishes Volthoom Hal is chosen again as a Green Lantern.

Now Hal wasn't resurrected at any point, wasn't he? I mean he's still dead, right?

So, what happened to that? Is it ever mentioned again or even resolved at some point?

It's Green Lantern. They retcon everything.
    Originally posted by IonFan
    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
    Originally posted by Quaker
    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
      I have finally read the Wrath of the First Lantern TPB and Hal Jordan kills himself to be able to wield the Black Ring. After Hal/Nekron finishes Volthoom Hal is chosen again as a Green Lantern.

Now Hal wasn't resurrected at any point, wasn't he? I mean he's still dead, right?

So, what happened to that? Is it ever mentioned again or even resolved at some point?
      I'm going to have to go back and re-read that. I don't quite remember how he came back.

Comment

I think the ring just randomly resurrected him like the sapphire ring did to WW

Comment

But didn't the green ring just resurrect him back in Rebirth as well? Seems like it has the ability to bring back the dead so long as they are main characters...

Comment

It's a gimmick month...by definition its a gimmick. No ramifications.

Comment

He means in the final battle against the First Lantern

Comment

Oops. My bad.

Comment

Hal was resurrected by the white light. The spark volthoom spoke of when he was talking to young Hal. Once old Hal hugged his younger self, which was white light, he was resurrected. No retcons Deadpool.

Comment

He came back because Geoff Johns is a hack and doesn't follow his own rules he establishes in his books. I just went with it because it was so bad at that point it didn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
                      Hal was resurrected by the white light. The spark volthoom spoke of when he was talking to young Hal. Once old Hal hugged his younger self, which was white light, he was resurrected. No retcons Deadpool.
                      I think I'll have to re-read that section.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                        He came back because Geoff Johns is a hack and doesn't follow his own rules he establishes in his books. I just went with it because it was so bad at that point it didn't matter.
                        Give it a rest

Comment

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Comment

Working...
                          X