Sinestro #1 Solicited!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinestro #1 Solicited!

Sinestro's new ongoing comic is officially a go, with the solicit for Sinestro #1 set for April 2014. To prepare for this new title, this forum has been opened to be a place for discussion!

All things Sinestro, Sinestro Corps, yellow entities, yellow power, Qward (Anti Matter universe, not political!), and all things evil moustache twirling are to be posted here. Enjoy!

SINESTRO #1
    Written by CULLEN BUNN
    Art and cover by DALE EAGLESHAM
    1:25 Variant cover by DOUG MAHNKE
    On sale APRIL 16 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
    Thaal Sinestro has lost everything he’s ever loved: his home, his family, his only friend. But no matter how desperate he becomes, Sinestro will never be without fear...a lesson his one-time ally, one-time enemy Lyssa Drak is eager to teach him! Can he take back the despicable Yellow Lantern Corps? Or does the universe have a new destiny in mind for Sinestro?

Dave's worst fear in life is that this book sucks and that they don't cancel Larfleeze.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
      Dave's worst fear in life is that this book sucks and that they don't cancel Larfleeze.
      Oh my God.

With this title, all of the "bad guy" colors will have a title. Red, orange, and yellow. Then Green in the middle has two books. No title so far for blue, indigo, or violet. For colors 8 and 9, we have Kyle's GL:NG representing white. No black as of yet. That's 5 out of 9 colors with a title.

I'm hard pressed to see a blue or indigo ongoing title without a human character to anchor it, but I am kind of surprised they haven't given a go at a Star Saphire series.

Comment

My Old School sensibilities have a hard time not thinking of the Star Sapphires as baddies.

Comment

looking forward to this book. Agree they should cancel larfleeze.

Comment

Bye bye Larfleeze. Hello Sinestro.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Looks good!

Shame I'm cutting back on comics due to costs and me only reading them once. Plus I have a huge backlog of comics not read yet.
              Originally posted by IonFan
              (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
              Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
              Originally posted by Quaker
              I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Alternate cover.*sigh* That is not a good sign.
                Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

I think I'm in for this one. I hope Lyssa's creepiness makes regular appearances in this.
                  Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Nice! I see great potential in this series. Sin's my fav villain.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                      Looks good!

Shame I'm cutting back on comics due to costs and me only reading them once. Plus I have a huge backlog of comics not read yet.
                      It's probably wise at your age. Let it get out of control now and you'll never get your comic budget in a good place.

Comment

Eh.
                        The last fan of 1990s comics
                        Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Cutting Costs....

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                          Looks good!

I only read the monthlies that I "must have now", the rest of the stuff I like I collect via tpb/hardcover graphic novels. It's cheaper than monthlies and you can read an entire arc in one sitting. It's a few months behind the monthly, but if it's not one of those "must haves", then who cares.
                          “You were electrocuted by a Giant Moth. That kind of thing will scramble your brain right good." -- Boxer (in Godzilla #6)

Comment

The writer has a pretty decent resume, and I dig the Sinestro design. Might give it a chance, still sick of all these rainbow corps books though.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                              It's probably wise at your age. Let it get out of control now and you'll never get your comic budget in a good place.
                              Indeed, I don't wanna be bankrupt.

The thing is me and the whole family spend too much all the time on collectables, so that pretty much eliminates my comic budget.
                              Originally posted by Jon Q. Citizen View Post
                              I only read the monthlies that I "must have now", the rest of the stuff I like I collect via tpb/hardcover graphic novels. It's cheaper than monthlies and you can read an entire arc in one sitting. It's a few months behind the monthly, but if it's not one of those "must haves", then who cares.
                              Yeah, I think I'll just buy graphic novels from now on. I'm mainly buying all the classic "must have" graphic novels right now, all the really famous stuff. Still not finished stuff I started about a year ago though. I'll probably just put a full stop to it at some point.
                              Originally posted by IonFan
                              (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                              Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                              Originally posted by Quaker
                              I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Working...
                              X