The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Sector 0
FLASHCHAT

Sector 0
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 01:18 PM   #26
Raker616
Corps Honor Guard
 
Raker616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Green Lantern Station
Posts: 1,447
Default

Quote:
Raker, with all due respect how was it smarter to let those 8 return and take them back knowing that those 8 can break free from his hold, as seen by most of them ?*

Would it not have been Easier if Nekron let them stay dead and he would make them "Rise" during his takeover? Except the example from the January One Shot ( most were worthless to the story as a whole ) none of the DEAD BL's have fought Nekron's hold have they ?

Also to add GLC 46 and GL 52 were atroctiously BAD ! There were 8 Spreads and Splashes in GL 52. We haven't moved one step forward storywise. I'll be honest, I was enjoying Green Lantern issues on Blackest Night more than the mini until Issue 48 ( That was till the Issue where the Rainbow Rodeo united together ). After 48 it has been useless filler not even referenced taking place along with BN though both happen at the same location.*

GLC was an enjoyable story but has no reference to The BN story until issue 46, which was also barely related.*

Question :*How in the Hell Will Geoff even explain half of the Questions of Blackest Night ?

Answer : Simple, He Won't
First Nekron didn't know some could break free of his grasp, second the thing about the returning regular BL's is that they have been put down by Hal and his colored lanterns and as you saw Hal didn't try to do the same with Superman after he was turned. That gives him a leg up and provides more of a distraction for Nekron to do what he had to do, even with some being able to beat the rings programing in the end they served his purpose.

Also you're complaining to the wrong guy about splash pages I have no problem with them and considering how often they are used by Marvel and DC for anyone to be flipping out over them I find silly. So is this thing about the story not moving forward, basically each issue has been jam packed with developments in BN this isn't Siege where a 6 part story is crammed into 4 issues. BN is big it deals with lots of things it needs time to breathe i'm glad it wasn't shortened and Geoff has been allowed to tell his story over these past few months.

Finally I have to say whatever questions you have about BN might or might not be answered but the story isn't over yet so well see.
__________________
"If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".
Raker616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:41 PM   #27
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master
 
JohnnyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lexington, KY (gay mayor, biatches)
Posts: 13,805
Blog Entries: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshR13 View Post
Hey Johnny
how exactly has GL52 been important to BN ? The core series has hardly mentioned much about Emotional entities other than The Entity.
It's important to the GL mythos for sure. I'm not denying that. But I think it's more of a post BN thing just like how Parallax was "taken"
I'm willing to bet that the Sinestro - Nekron confrontation will barely be referenced In Issue 8. I hope I'm wrong. But that's probably hoping for too much.

Do you think much mention will be made of Anti-Monitor in BN8 ? I hope so. He was referenced to be in the CPB in issue 7...
Well, it's hard to answer that question until we actually read BN #8. And I think any tie-ins to the GL mythos almost by definition is important to BN. Considering BN has its origins in GL.

I think the entities will still play an important role in the conclusion of BN, which if it does happen then by default this issue was important to the overall story.
__________________


Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:42 PM   #28
myuserid
Lantern Hex
 
myuserid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wreath
Posts: 14,593
Default

Good post.

Blackest Night has been terrible.

Just ignore Raker. He'd praise Johns for taking a dump and calling it a splash page.
__________________
myuserid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:09 PM   #29
Raker616
Corps Honor Guard
 
Raker616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Green Lantern Station
Posts: 1,447
Default

As opposed to how you and others here would bash Johns even if he turned in a comic secretly written by whoever your favorite writer was.
__________________
"If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".
Raker616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:09 PM   #30
HarshR13
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myuserid View Post
Good post.

Blackest Night has been terrible.

Just ignore Raker. He'd praise Johns for taking a dump and calling it a splash page.
Thank you Sir
it's not like I want to hate Blackest Night and Johns. I really want to love it. I love DC and it's characters especially in the Batman and GL mythos. However they have been not used well and the plot has imploded die to it being slow and the tie INS being carbon copy Zombie fights w/ various characters.
I'm sorry to say tht but that's a fact
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:12 PM   #31
HarshR13
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raker616 View Post
As opposed to how you and others here would bash Johns even if he turned in a comic secretly written by whoever your favorite writer was.
Hey Raker I made it absolutely clear that I loved Geoff John's Green Lantern till Blackest night. Sure there were ups and downs but they were mostly ups. SCW was awesomeness. Nice and nt decompressed. It wasn't repetitive and boring. At least I don't think so. Hell I loved the Green Lantern Series till issue 48, however after that it just started to suck when it played FILLER to the Core BN book
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:21 PM   #32
Raker616
Corps Honor Guard
 
Raker616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Green Lantern Station
Posts: 1,447
Default

I think we've both made our points clear and that last comment of mine wasn't directed at you.
__________________
"If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".
Raker616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:41 PM   #33
bjread
Hal's Understudy
 
bjread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 597
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshR13 View Post
Thank you Sir
it's not like I want to hate Blackest Night and Johns. I really want to love it. I love DC and it's characters especially in the Batman and GL mythos. However they have been not used well and the plot has imploded die to it being slow and the tie INS being carbon copy Zombie fights w/ various characters.
I'm sorry to say tht but that's a fact
I'm sorry to say that is a lie....you can't call your opinion a fact, and it just be so. I disagree with your opinion. I think MOST of the tie-ins were pointless story wise. However, they weren't really written to be part of the story, really it was about getting people to try out some other books, and in some cases tell a possibly interesting story about a character's history (i.e. Catwoman). The only tie-ins that were really part of the overall story was BN: Flash, BN: WW, Hawkman & Atom.
bjread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #34
The_Mad_Dragon
Captain Pervert
 
The_Mad_Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Zamaron
Posts: 4,902
Send a message via AIM to The_Mad_Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to The_Mad_Dragon
Default

Blackest Night.

Worse than I feared, better than I hoped.
__________________
The_Mad_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #35
myuserid
Lantern Hex
 
myuserid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wreath
Posts: 14,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raker616 View Post
As opposed to how you and others here would bash Johns even if he turned in a comic secretly written by whoever your favorite writer was.
Considering I've never bashed Johns and in fact, have stated many times that I have enjoyed his run up until Blackest Night, your comment is worthless.
__________________
myuserid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:04 PM   #36
HarshR13
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Dragon View Post
Blackest Night.

Worse than I feared, better than I hoped.

Love it

as West said in another thread, will be putting opinions as blogs from now on. Apologies for the inconvenience. Stay Tuned!
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blackest night, dc comics, geoff johns

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.