20.00%
    0.00%

Shipping tomorrow, PSYCHED!

Comment

my god the art in this book just gives me goosebumps

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

My thoughts on this mirror my thoughts on the first issue. Great art but a pretty generic story.

Comment

EVS - for me - is one of those artists where if it's not perfect, it's kindof a mess. That applies here. (and I'm not even talking about how ugly he makes Kilowog)

***SPOILERS*** (it's in the thread title, but still...)
          -- I am very unhappy that Arisia is apparently 'fridged (falling into oblivion with nary a struggle) just so we can see Guy's tortured face for several panels before striking out at Kilowog. (who, by the way used to be in love with her, but why should that detract from Guy's moment?) VERY UNHAPPY....

Comment

Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
            EVS - for me - is one of those artists where if it's not perfect, it's kindof a mess. That applies here. (and I'm not even talking about how ugly he makes Kilowog)

-- I am very unhappy that Arisia is apparently 'fridged (falling into oblivion with nary a struggle) just so we can see Guy's tortured face for several panels before striking out at Kilowog. (who, by the way used to be in love with her, but why should that detract from Guy's moment?) VERY UNHAPPY....
            Well, he always has made Kilowog ugly - as he was when first introduced. I think some artists tried to pretty him up and make him a bit conventional, so I have always liked the EVS old school looking 'Wog.

That aside, I am not too worried yet about Arisia's fate, feels more like a tease at this point, but I will be bummed if all this series does is knock off some classic GLC members.

Overall, I liked the issue, provided of course, our missing GLC members find a way back into the story by the end...

-Don
            “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
              My thoughts on this mirror my thoughts on the first issue. Great art but a pretty generic story.
              and?

who cares about story when you have kicka$$ art (LOOKING AT YOU DC )

IonFan says

Comment

Just read it a few minutes ago. Fantastic art with a painfully run of the mill story.

Comment

Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
                  The dying lanterns thing has become so overused that I didn't even blink when those two got sucked into the void. I always assume that a lantern or two will kick the bucket in any given issue. That being said I doubt Arisia is dead.

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                  and?

who cares about story when you have kicka$$ art (LOOKING AT YOU DC )
                  Well just in this thread: Me, Dave and Kane.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                    Well just in this thread: Me, Dave and Kane.
                    well goody for you 3 then as for me the art is the ONLY reason i'm even getting this as well the rest of this series (the last ones art s@cked balls so i didn't get it )

IonFan says

Comment

REVIEW: Green Lantern Corps: Edge of Oblivion #2

Comment

I doubt either character is dead. If they wanted them dead, you'd have corpses.

I liked the issue and loved the art (hope EVS checks in during the run to see the love here).

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                          I doubt either character is dead. If they wanted them dead, you'd have corpses.

I liked the issue and loved the art (hope EVS checks in during the run to see the love here).
                          I agree Space Cop in fact I am hoping that actually they turn up in the regular universe. I have wanted Arisia as a major character in the main title for a while now. She can let Hal know what's up with the corps and be the main supporting character if the whole ship and two crew members thing is about to go away....OR if the much make em just like Guardians of the Galaxy idea is true, now Hal has his hot warrior alien chick and his Rocket Racoon

Comment

Hal's a free agent in the love department, so this could be just the alone time they need . . .

Comment

Arisia is ultra hot and my preferred love interest for Hal, and since Carol decided to turn to Kyle I don't want her back in the picture right now, so Arisia is a nice alternative, unless Hal can somehow "run into" Starfire

Comment

Working...
                              X