Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Movies & TV
FLASHCHAT

Movies and TV

Old 04-11-2021, 12:21 AM   #8826
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I take it because of the time delay and the cast that it’s not linked in anyway with the previous films? I see there’s a Baroness in it anyway and RoC made it clear SE took a vow of silence (not injured).
Yeah, it was originally supposed to be a prequel but then they decided to make it the starting point for a reboot (kinda like Bumblebee) and thus were able to do what they wanted rather than adhering to the previous continuity. It's great because they get to fix some of the wonky things they did in RoC. From the Baroness and Cobra Commander to Snake Eyes, himself, they've approached it all with a lot more care than before. Apparently they even invited Larry Hama (the original Marvel comic writer) to the set and got his blessing, which is a good sign in my book. So yeah, I'm super excited, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
A friend had an extra Cobra-Island Roadblock, which he gave me and got me started. Then, my LCS had an Arctic Stormshadow (a design I didn’t have back in the day but like) so I got him. [His price was marked up but not as much as he’s going for on eBay.] The latest BBTS order includes Snake Eyes, Red Ninja, Gung Ho, standard Cobra Commander, and Profit Director Destro. So, that’s 7 so far.

I have 8 pre-ordered on BBTS including the next wave and redecos of the wave ones I missed. I really like them. My current plan is to get every character, but not every variation (e.g., I don’t think I need standard Destro or Origins Snake Eyes).

I might get a variant if they do hooded commander. Also, although the Viper appears to only by the Cobra Island exclusive (i.e. there’s no standard for me to get yet), it looks like that is out of my budget already.
That's cool. I just recently got back into collecting Joes, myself, though I've only focused on different variations of the ninjas so far with 2 Jinx, 8 Snake Eyes, and 12 Storm Shadow (one guess who my favorite character is). I also have 10 red ninjas, but they're all from the same line and match one of the Storm Shadows in design. I'm gonna set them all up sometime in the next week or so, but yeah.

I actually don't have any of the Classified line, but have considered approaching it for a full cast collection, much like you seem to be.
Old 04-11-2021, 12:29 AM   #8827
Space Cop
The Dandy

Kibakichi 2 (2004)

"No one is unneeded in this world."

OTT Yokai flick about a ronin werewolf (essentially) challenging other yokai and a mad-dog killer in a world that hates all of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrylakks View Post
. . . I also have 10 red ninjas, but they're all from the same line and match one of the Storm Shadows in design. . .
The Classified Red Ninja is pretty cool (lots of accessories, which he can mostly carry) but is a pretty big departure. My friend Kevin from SEO Toy Review actually think it’s too big a variation, but he’s more hardcore Joe fan than I am.

Last edited by Space Cop; 04-11-2021 at 01:41 AM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 01:16 AM   #8828
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Three Billboard Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017)

"Well, Officer Dixon, how about you go take a look at that first billboard and then come back here and talk to me about the motherfucking environment?"

Mildred Hayes sets up three billboards questioning the lack of results for her daughter's murder, openly challenging the respected police chief and effectively starting a war in the town over whether her criticism is acceptable.

Not gonna lie, this film is very, very dark. It is incredibly well made, the acting, sets, camera work, everything is extremely well done, but damn if it isn't dark as hell.

I do wish better had been done for Woody Harrelson's Chief Wiloughby though. I'd rather he have retired and handed the case off to his replacement so that he could spend time with his family. That's my only real complaint.

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 01:41 AM   #8829
Space Cop
The Dandy

[Cinematic Titanic:] The Oozing Skull (1971/2007)

"How come you almost never see a smart person's belly?"

CT is basically the Joel-led equivalent of Rifftrax alumni. Almost as good. This first episode tackled an Al Adamson flick about a mad scientist transplanting the brain of a dead dictator into an unwilling healthy body.

Excalibur (1981)

"It is the doom of men that they forget."

40th anniversary. Have to watch the second half tomorrow due to the length and delayed start of Wrestlemania 37.

Last edited by Space Cop; Today at 02:52 AM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote