Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

July 30-day Challenge: Superheroes!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
    Bd'g is better

Comment

• Damn it SC, I have to watch that glorious film now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        That is a FANTASTIC gif! I have to save that to my phone for use in group chats!

Comment

• Day 30 -- Most Underappreciated Superhero

I have a lot of D list heroes that are near and dear to my heart, that I've collected the stories of. A really hard question. I'm going to go with The Peacemaker, one of DC's acquisitions that Dick Giordano helped snag back in the early 1980s. I always felt like Peacemaker never got the shot he deserved. He was quickly turned into an anti-hero and then almost a villain. Kind of a shame. The character had a lot to offer and the fans and DC never really got behind him to give him a chance.

Comment

• I miss the challenge already

How about

-- Day 31 --- How Many Comics Do You Own? [Guess or exact if you know it]

I just noticed the other day I have 22 long boxes not including trades or my short box of Conan. They're not all full, but I doubt any of them have under 120 and many are bursting. So, I must have well over 3,000 (probably closing on 4,000).

Comment

• I have the Sinestro Corps War two part trade, Flash Rebirth, Watchmen, some Villains Month one shots, the flash of two worlds reprint from DC Subscription box and All Star Batman

And Vol 2 of Geoff Johns' Flash Omnibus

Comment

• -- Day 31 --- How Many Comics Do You Own? [Guess or exact if you know it]

7 long boxes and countless trades.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                  Day 30 - Most Underappreciated Superhero
                  Moon Knight

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

Day 31 --- How Many Comics Do You Own?
                  12-15 Short boxes of comics.
                  You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Day 30 - Most Underappreciated Superhero
                    Martian Manhunter. As powerful as he is, he ALWAYS plays second fiddle to other characters, usually the ones with the "S" logo. I wonder why a Tower of Babel-type story hasn't been written featuring J'onn J'onzz. With his power set, he could easily take down the league from within, but instead, they repeatedly give that glory to Batman.

Day 31 - How Many Comics Do You Own? [Guess or exact if you know it]
                    2 long boxes and 9 short boxes.

Comment

• Well, I'm "winning" the long box war, but I'm pretty sure Dave has more than me.
                      Space Cop
                      The Dandy
                      Last edited by Space Cop; 08-01-2016, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• At my peak, until this year, I had 9-10,000 comics. I got rid of all of my Marvel and anything that had no sentimental or financial value to me.

I'm now at 27 longboxes, the lowest I'd been in about 15 years. Most of them are very tight, with about 200 comics each, every one with bags and boards (I was always consistent with bagging and boarding over the years, thank God), so I probably have over 5,000 comics left.

I only have 4 longboxes reserved for a-z filing. All the other longboxes are my favorites segregated into their own boxes in the remaining 23. 3 longboxes for The Flash, 2 longboxes for Swamp Thing, 7 for Green Lantern, and so on, with Hellblazer, Spectre Green Arrow, Hawkman, Aquaman, JSA, and Doom Patrol.

Comment

• ^^^ Glad you chimed in. I was looking excessive in front of all these light weights, but you are excessiver.

I haven't had the heart to get rid of even comics I don't like so I have something like 3 Marvel boxes, but I put them up top (the hardest spot to reach) because I hardly ever add anything to them.

Besides the above, I have 2 or 3 boxes of trades (yes I box my trades because my bookshelves are full of books and movies).

I too bag and board everything. I used to only bag the important stuff, but one day (probably 15 years ago) I decided to buy bags and boards in bulk and do all the naked books. Now, new books get immediately bagged/boarded when I get home and sealed when I'm done reading them.
                          Space Cop
                          The Dandy
                          Last edited by Space Cop; 08-02-2016, 01:58 AM.

Comment

• That's the GL side of the room, with the 7 longboxes. Not likely to ever need an 8th at this point sadly.

Comment

• I too bag and board everything. I used to only bag the important stuff, but one day (probably 15 years ago) I decided to buy bags and boards in bulk and do all the naked books. Now, new books get immediately bagged/boarded when I get home and sealed when I'm done reading them.
                              Kind of calming isn't it? I never feel like I'm done until they are bagged, boarded and filed away. You must have been happy once you were finally caught up I imagine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                                Kind of calming isn't it? I never feel like I'm done until they are bagged, boarded and filed away. You must have been happy once you were finally caught up I imagine.
                                Yeah. It was probably about then I made the master list of Green Lantern (the only comics I catalogue) too.

Comment

Working...
                                X