Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This movie is going to be awsome!!!! I cant wait to get it.
    Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

• So we have a new "first Green Lantern"? On the one hand, it is mildly annoying that they chose to ignore the already established first GL, Rori Dag. On the other hand, I'm glad they didn't use Rori Dag's name only, and then tell a completely different story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
        So we have a new "first Green Lantern"? On the one hand, it is mildly annoying that they chose to ignore the already established first GL, Rori Dag. On the other hand, I'm glad they didn't use Rori Dag's name only, and then tell a completely different story.
        For the love of all things holy. THIS MOVIE DOES NOT HAVE TO FOLLOW CONTINUITY IN THE COMICS, HOW HARD IS THIS CONCEPT TO UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by irongreen2814 View Post
          For the love of all things holy. THIS MOVIE DOES NOT HAVE TO FOLLOW CONTINUITY IN THE COMICS, HOW HARD IS THIS CONCEPT TO UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!
          You need to relax. He didn't say anything that warrants that kind of response, he's just bringing up some points about how it may differ from the established canon, which, whether you like it or not is a valid concern, otherwise, what's the point of having an established canon?

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
            You need to relax. He didn't say anything that warrants that kind of response, he's just bringing up some points about how it may differ from the established canon, which, whether you like it or not is a valid concern, otherwise, what's the point of having an established canon?
            Sorry, bad morning.

If this was the comics, he would have a valid concern. However this is another type of media for Green Lantern all together. Let them change what they want to change, as long as it stays true to what a Green Lantern is.

Comics continiuty means nothing when it's being adapated to another form of media imo.

Comment

Sorry, bad morning.

If this was the comics, he would have a valid concern. However this is another type of media for Green Lantern all together. Let them change what they want to change, as long as it stays true to what a Green Lantern is.

Comics continiuty means nothing when it's being adapated to another form of media imo.
              I don't think it means nothing but a new medium certainly gives some wiggle room.

Comment

• Green Lantern: Emerald Knights is an all-new DC Universe Animated Original Movie that weaves six interlocking stories of the Green Lantern Corps’ rich mythology around preparations for an attack by an ancient enemy. As the battle approaches, Hal Jordan (voiced by Nathan Fillion, Castle) mentors new recruit Arisia (Elisabeth Moss, Mad Men) in the history of the Green Lantern Corps, telling tales of Avra (the first Green Lantern) and several of Hal’s comrades – including Abin Sur, Kilowog, Laira and Mogo. In the end, Arisia must rise to the occasion to help Hal, Sinestro and the entire Green Lantern Corps save the universe from the destructive forces of Krona. Penned by comic book luminaries Geoff Johns, Dave Gibbons, Peter J. Tomasi, Eddie Berganza, Alan Burnett, Todd Casey and Michael Green & Marc Guggenheim, Green Lantern: Emerald Knights will be distributed June 7 by Warner Home Video as part of the build up to the release of the highly anticipated live action film, Green Lantern, in theatres June 17.

Comment

• well given what we're seeing in the current continuity canon isn't what it used to be.

That said, I'm always the guy who throws pre-established history out the window when i watch a "based off of" media. as long as there's an element of respectfulness to the product offered.

Green Hornet feature film? EPIC FAIL!!!!!!
                  Green Lantern feature film: so far so good (this post may be edited in the future to read epic success or any other appraisal upon film's completion)
                  Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

Sorry, bad morning.

I don't know if my feelings on the matter would ever rise to the level of "concern". Like I said, at MOST I'm mildly annoyed that they ignored the established "first GL", mainly because he isn't a very important character, nor, IMHO, a terribly interesting one, so I can't summon much emotion on the matter. I was mainly trying to express that I was GLAD that, since they were likely to be telling a different story, they created a new character for the purpose. I don't care if you ARE switching mediums, I get aggravated when you use JUST the name of a character and change EVERYTHING else. IMHO, it makes using that name totally pointless, and kind of a cheat.

(Actually, to be truthful, while I WOULD have been more annoyed if they had gone that route, using Rori Dag's name but changing everything else about him, even THEN I still wouldn't have been THAT uspet, because he remains a very minor character.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                      I don't know if my feelings on the matter would ever rise to the level of "concern". Like I said, at MOST I'm mildly annoyed that they ignored the established "first GL", mainly because he isn't a very important character, nor, IMHO, a terribly interesting one, so I can't summon much emotion on the matter. I was mainly trying to express that I was GLAD that, since they were likely to be telling a different story, they created a new character for the purpose. I don't care if you ARE switching mediums, I get aggravated when you use JUST the name of a character and change EVERYTHING else. IMHO, it makes using that name totally pointless, and kind of a cheat.

(Actually, to be truthful, while I WOULD have been more annoyed if they had gone that route, using Rori Dag's name but changing everything else about him, even THEN I still wouldn't have been THAT uspet, because he remains a very minor character.)
                      This expresses quite well how I feel about how they treated Boodikka in First Flight.

Comment

• Hal does not have white gloves in the trailer so I doubnt this is the final artwork.
                        GOING GREEN!

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Knight View Post
                          Hal does not have white gloves in the trailer so I doubnt this is the final artwork.
                          It is final, it was distributed by Warner Brothers. Cover art doesn't always represent the actual product.

Comment

• Really liking that cover
                            In blackest day or brightest night,
                            ...Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda,
                            Erm...superstitious and cowardly lot,
                            With liberty and justice for all! - Duck Dodgers

Comment

• Finally, the first appearance of krona ... I'm excited to see this

Comment

• Warner Home Video has released the initial details for upcoming Green Lantern: Emerald Knights Blu-ray title, including expected bonus content.

Initial press details for the forthcoming Green Lantern: Emerald Knights Blu-ray release have been made available by Warner Home Video. Please note the following details may not be finalized or could change before the official details are released.

Green Lantern: Emerald Knights Blu-ray
                                -Sneak Peek at upcoming DC Universe animated movie
                                -Sneak Peek at All-Star Superman
                                -Featurette:“Only the Bravest: Tales of The Green Lantern Corps”
                                -Featurette: “Why Green Lantern Matters: The Talent of Geoff Johns
                                -Feature Film Commentary with Dan DiDio and Geoff Johns
                                -Pod: “From Comic Book to Screen: Abin Sur”
                                -Pod: “From Comic Book to Screen: Laira Omoto “
                                This short pod will take a peek into Geoff John’s Green Lantern: Secret Origin book, which for the first time, showed fans what really happened to Abin Sur before he crashed landed on Earth, and passed on his ring to Hal Jordan.
                                -Bruce Timm’s Picks:
                                -Excerpt from “The Siege of Starro! Part One” from Batman: The Brave and The Bold
                                -“Revenge of The Reach!” from Batman: The Brave and The Bold
                                Digital Comic: Green Lantern

Warner Home Video is expected to release finalized details and artwork for all home video releases of Green Lantern: Emerald Knights soon. As wth previous releases, the Green Lantern: Emerald Knights Blu-ray release is expected to feature the majority of bonus content.

Click here to view the trailer for the Green Lantern: Emerald Knights animated feature. Click here to view the press release for the forthcoming Green Lantern: Emerald Knights animated feature, including details on the cast and crew for the upcoming title.

A co-production of Warner Premiere, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, the direct-to-video Green Lantern: Emerald Knights animated feature debuts June 7th, 2011 on Blu-ray disc and DVD from Warner Home Video
                                W.West
                                Last edited by W.West; 03-22-2011, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X