Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Infinite Frontier #0 (Alan Scott is gay again?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think making Alan Scott gay is pretty stupid and offensive to the people who have followed the character, because that's not what they signed up for.

What DC and Marvel REALLY need to figure out is how they can create new characters and lore and actually have those work effectively instead of molesting and bastardizing their existing characters and pushing away their existing fans. I guess there just hasn't often been the perfect storm of creativity, support, economics, incentive, and whatever else to organically facilitate that.

Honestly, I don't read their stuff much at all anymore. I don't buy any books regularly and just flip through older stuff every now and then, usually just to see how other people were creating comics.

I definitely don't like the out of control woke stuff because it comes off as so inorganic and the priorities are all in the wrong places. Like, it doesn't matter how woke you are if your story and art are shit. Or if you're doing it with inconsequential characters in inconsequential stories, and so on.

That said, I don't even think that is the biggest problem. Most of the time the stories just aren't that interesting to read and there's a big 'been there done that' feel to the whole thing. It's like the comics have gotten too corporate, and they're stale, sterile, boring, and just in the motions. Race swapping and sexual orientation swapping are just part of those motions these days.
    Star-Lantern
    Weaponer of Qward
    Last edited by Star-Lantern; 06-28-2021, 05:20 AM.
    ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
      You are probably dead on. In 5 years, all of them will be gender swapped, trans and race swapped and unrecognizable. DC is doing this until they are completely out of business.
      And the funny thing is, I could see that happening. Already headquartered in the Devil's Den, about to be a wrap.

Comment

Working...
      X