• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
    Still dumbfounded.
    Sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
      I can't imagine that they allow Clone Wars to continue on Cartoon Network.
      Depends on the existing contracts.

Comment

Here's some rough math behind this deal. This is without taxes and other things of the sort.

Lucas made off with 2 billion in cash, and 40 million shares of Disney stock.

Disney traded at $50 a share today. Just some perspective - if Disney even increases their shares to $53, Lucas would make $120 million. Just by being a fat bastard with Disney shares.

But I'm hoping they get good creative talent on this!
        JohnnyV
        Pictionary Master
        Last edited by JohnnyV; 10-30-2012, 11:09 PM.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
          But I'm hoping they get good creative talent on this!
          You mean besides Lucas's announced role as "Creative Consultant"?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            You mean besides Lucas's announced role as "Creative Consultant"?
            They won't hire him. Disney is too good at investing to let Lucas turn the sequels into a train wreck.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
              They won't hire him. Disney is too good at investing to let Lucas turn the sequels into a train wreck.
              Well, he's already been announced as "Creative Consultant". That's a done deal. I'm hoping that's one of those largely honorary things, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                Well, he's already been announced as "Creative Consultant". That's a done deal. I'm hoping that's one of those largely honorary things, though.
                Another thing, Lucas is basically retired after this deal. What makes anyone think he would want anything more than a glamour role in the project?

Comment

It really just means that they can't turn Vader into a sealion without his permission.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                    It really just means that they can't turn Vader into a sealion without his permission.
                    And who knows? He might just give that permission. Especially if that means Vader gets to be a 3D CGI Sea Lion. In a new song and dance number.

Comment

Yo.

+ YouTube Video
                      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

The hardest of hard core Star Wars fans are now emo kids in the closet cutting themselves chanting "Its Not Real...Its Not Real...Its Not Real" ...

As for my personal feeling on this ... I admit I cried when I read the news...I'm just not sure if its Happy Tears or Scared Numb Tears ...

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Fucking nerds.

Comment

I can't wait to ride the pirates of the dagobah system.

Comment

LucasFilm LTD wasn't the only company part of this buyout. Disney also bought ILM (Industrial Light And Magic) Lucas's Effect House, As Well As Skywalker Sound .... I don't know how to take all this.. So much of my Childhood Film Fandom as well as my favorite effects house are all now owned by Mickey Fucking Mouse!! ...

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X