Baz and Cruz in Gotham City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baz and Cruz in Gotham City

Would you like to see a rebooted Baz and Cruz recast in roles in a Batverse title?

I know that some of you would prefer to see their heads on a pole, but please be realistic about this. They're not going away, and given that reality, would you rather see them there than in Green Lantern?
    Yes
    16.67%
    No
    50.00%
    Don't know
    33.33%
    Trey Strain
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 04-12-2017, 08:17 AM.

Absolutely, since they won't kill them anytime soon. I'd rather they just downplay their roles, bring them back to the main corps for more training, and let Hal or Guy patrol the Earth sector again. Or strip their rings somehow.
    http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Simon should be in a new version of The Outsiders, since he is Batman's new goon GL.

Jessica can stay in some version of the Justice League, she doesn't need to be in Gotham, but if getting her away from that is idea, any Earth team will do.

I'd prefer they weren't always a duo.

Comment

So you guys should vote Yes.

Comment

I think maybe Hawkman should be in the Bat books too. I think he might be a good fit there.

Comment

Every concept can't be saved by putting them in a Bat book. Hawkman doesn't need to be put in Gotham. He's got Midway and St. Roch which are both infinitely cooler.

IDK why a Batman rogue couldn't operate in another city for awhile. Batman and Superman have enough enemies that a few could play the field a little more. I've always liked seeing Parasite show up in other places, Livewire, and Bane is cool when he's not tied to Batman or Gotham [his use in the YJ cartoon for example, or time in the Secret 6], and you'd think the Scarecrow or another insane doctor would assume a new alias and try to start over in another city by now.

~//V\\~

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
              I think maybe Hawkman should be in the Bat books too. I think he might be a good fit there.
              Nah I really want Hawkman to have his own book again...might happen after the "metal" event. It has his fingerprints all over it. I really like Hawkman on his own. I think there is a lot of potential for that character to be cool.

Comment

Baz and Cruz are here to stay. Not because the market wants them, but because diversity. That being the case, the Bat books are the logical place for them.

I don't think Hawkman will get another solo title. If Geoff couldn't sell one, DC probably won't let anyone else try.

Comment

If they aren't in a GL title, it makes no difference to me where they go.

I've no opinion on whether a Bat book would be a particularly good place for them. I don't see any reason why they should go to a Bat book in particular, but then again I don't see any reason why not, if they aren't going to be in GL.

I'm probably not going to be reading about them no matter where they end up if it isn't a GL book, so it matters little to me.

Comment

Making them regulars in a Batman book is way out of left field. I don't see how it's the logical choice. They are Green Lantern characters. I'm not saying it couldn't be done and work, but it's like ... why? Seems very random to me. It would almost be like making Duke Thomas a regular character in Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps.
                    ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Maybe you could use them in a Green lantern comic if they weren't Green Lanterns. But where, and in what capacity? Meanwhile, there are a zillion Bat books. There's room for them over there.

The whole problem DC has created for itself in Green Lantern is that there just isn't room for all this stuff. It was bad enough to inject Kyle into it, but then Geoff got completely out of hand with wanting to add new characters.

Comment

I certainly agree that there isn't enough room for all this stuff, but I don't believe randomly putting the characters in Batman comics is a good idea.
                        ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Baz and Cruz are here to stay. Not because the market wants them, but because diversity.
                          Thats why we need to embrace Hal Jordan jewish and Kyle Rayner latino side like Tom King has done in probably the best GL books in recent memory, Darkseid War Green Lantern oneshot and Omega Men. For the times they are a-changin and the demographic is shifting et cetera.

DC traded the diversity problem with a crowded problem. The perfect solution is Simon sister Sira Baz replacing both Jessica and Simon as the female GL.

Just imagine her GL design.

It would now make sense using that hijab/mask Simon seems to be wearing even though he is male..

Making Baz male whas probably the biggest mistake Johns has made in his carer. And he has a big list of mistakes. Just look at the awesome recepcion Ms Marvel/Kamala Kahn had compared to Simon.

It was bad enough to inject Kyle into it, but then Geoff got completely out of hand with wanting to add new characters.
                          I think Kyle has proven time and time again he is part of the Green Lantern mythos, one of the 3 pillars of GL along with John and Hal. So after saying that I would be willing to sacrifice Alan Scott, Jade and even Guy (sorry) just to get rid of Simon and Jessica. Or replacing them with Sira Baz.

Comment

I don't think Hawkman will get another solo title. If Geoff couldn't sell one, DC probably won't let anyone else try.
                            I really liked his run on the comic. I've got the first trade, waiting for volume 2. It seems like Snyder is pitching a come back at least with DN: Metal, will see if they decide to turn it into a full blown series. If they do I would love to see it become the most violent super hero comic in DC's lineup.

Comment

Baz and Cruz exist because DC wants to indulge in virtue signaling. This has nothing to do with their mission, which is selling comics. It backfired on Marvel, and we all know the definition of insanity, don't we?

If they HAVE do do this, which is debatable, they can at least use those characters in comics that have room for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X