The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps
FLASHCHAT

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps

Old 02-20-2016, 12:39 AM   #26
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
In fact, that's all he's ever done. Cliffhung one "big thing" into the "next big thing" and over and over which becomes like a Human Centipede connected ass-to-mouth, but into infinity. With no payoff ever.
It's funny because it's true!
Old 02-22-2016, 04:45 AM   #27
Lord Infamous
Green Lantern Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
In fact, that's all he's ever done. Cliffhung one "big thing" into the "next big thing" and over and over which becomes like a Human Centipede connected ass-to-mouth, but into infinity. With no payoff ever.

I hate that those movies became a thing
Old 02-22-2016, 08:08 AM   #28
Andrew NDB
Martini Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

My metaphor is correct. You never, ever get to see the person at the very end of the line actually take a shit because there is no person at the end of the line. Just another person with their mouth on the person in front of them's ass (i.e., the Big Story handshaking the one before it).
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:43 PM   #29
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Old 02-22-2016, 09:25 PM   #30
Andrew NDB
Martini Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

And also, whatever you feed the guy at the start of the Geoff Johns Human Centipede of Creative Bankruptcy, it's decent food. Not bad at all. Not filet mignon, but somewhere around or a little above Red Robin quality. Then the first guy shits it into the next one's mouth ("the next big story") and it's not quite as good at all... but maybe not wholly toxic. Now, by the time that same meal reaches, say, the 5th or 6th guy ("the next big story" x5) it's not even digestible anymore... it's just rectal fluid and stomach acid recycling itself. Maybe a few errant pieces of corn.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 11:25 PM   #31
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Old 02-24-2016, 01:48 AM   #32
Kane2814
Weaponer of Qward

Getting back to non-centipede topics....

If that is Cruz, the one good thing is that her silhouette looks free of that survivalist nonsense she had been saddled with. Between Simon's gun, Jessica's guns, John always making sniper rifles or machine guns now to show he's a marine and Hal making that chaingun from the movie, I'm sick of GL's with guns. They should be much more impressive than that.
Kane2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:41 PM   #33
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

New DC Rebirth teaser is up, Jessica Cruz is featured:

Last edited by Hypo; 03-23-2016 at 08:54 PM.
Hypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:15 PM   #34
IonFan
Forum Member

HA! knew it

IonFan says

Quote:
8 years ago i had 40+ hours a week, heath-care, and was full time, i can't say that anymore THAT'S WHY I VOTED TRUMP! (also i wanted him to destroy the Rep. party, i didn't think he'd actually win)
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:27 PM   #35
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

John Stewart fans will be pissed.
"Chosen" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:36 PM   #36
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Chosen" View Post
Why? Or rather why now? I mean the character has been mishandled or ignored for so long, what is happening now that will make them actively pissed off? I would think by now they'd just be resigned, barring some particularly egregious misuse of the character (I know that's how I, as a John Stewart fan, feel on the matter, anyway).
Old 03-23-2016, 08:39 PM   #37
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Why? Or rather why now? I mean the character has been mishandled or ignored for so long, what is happening now that will make them actively pissed off? I would think by now they'd just be resigned, barring some particularly egregious misuse of the character (I know that's how I, as a John Stewart fan, feel on the matter, anyway).
I'll PM you.
"Chosen" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:49 PM   #38
EmeraldGladiator
Manhunter Repairman

where is the trailer at?
EmeraldGladiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:55 PM   #39
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Chosen" View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Lol, he's referring to a specific person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
where is the trailer at?
Edited my post with the link.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:23 PM   #40
EmeraldGladiator
Manhunter Repairman

Thanks Hypo, color me meh, it appears that once again the GL universe is tasked with helping DCU with it's diversity issue, ala nu Alan Scott or Baz. I have no problems with Jessica joining the corp. However a character with next to no character buildup, next to zero following being forced to the forefront is maddening. I mean if a character catches the imagination of the masses then great. It worked for Wolverine and lately for Harley Quinn and Deadpool. However to try and force a character to the front of the line, is tantamount to when in Pro Wrestling the bookers try to put a wrestler over that the fans really don't like. No matter how many matches he wins, the resentment grows. Marvel has tried it repeatedly with Moon Knight and to a lesser extent all the Marvel Knights, DC tried it with Supergirl during the Michael Turner volumes.

This feels like Amazon Attacks, here get this because it will be big, and no one cared while at the same time with no fanfare the SCW took over the zeitgeist of the industry. I usually wouldn't care, failed concepts die all the time but the Green Lantern franchise only has two books so far on the deck for publication, and the idea of one of them being saddled with having to take a character from nowhere to important is maddening. What good did Baz do for DC's bottom line and the GL franchise in particular? If Cruz were to just be a supporting character that took off like Ravenger did during a Teen Titans run. Fan excitement, more sales when she was on the cover ect, then increasing her exposure would be merited. OK off the soapbox this feels like

Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 03-23-2016 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:22 PM   #41
IonFan
Forum Member

wonder how long it'll be before she's the one and only GL (FOR THE JL FILM)

IonFan says

Quote:
8 years ago i had 40+ hours a week, heath-care, and was full time, i can't say that anymore THAT'S WHY I VOTED TRUMP! (also i wanted him to destroy the Rep. party, i didn't think he'd actually win)
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:47 PM   #42
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Thanks Hypo, color me meh, it appears that once again the GL universe is tasked with helping DCU with it's diversity issue, ala nu Alan Scott or Baz. I have no problems with Jessica joining the corp. However a character with next to no character buildup, next to zero following being forced to the forefront is maddening. I mean if a character catches the imagination of the masses then great. It worked for Wolverine and lately for Harley Quinn and Deadpool. However to try and force a character to the front of the line, is tantamount to when in Pro Wrestling the bookers try to put a wrestler over that the fans really don't like. No matter how many matches he wins, the resentment grows. Marvel has tried it repeatedly with Moon Knight and to a lesser extent all the Marvel Knights, DC tried it with Supergirl during the Michael Turner volumes.
Eh, honestly the people who post about comics online is such a microcosm that I don't think it's fair to say whether people want the character or not until we actually see sales and even then you have to factor in the creative team. This forum is definitely down on Cruz and Baz, though to be fair we're kind of negative on everything DC, but I've seen a much more mixed reaction to the character across the web....even that though is just anecdotal until we see sales since people who post online about comics is such a microcosm.

Quote:
more sales when she was on the cover ect
When has that ever happened in the modern era?
Old 03-23-2016, 10:56 PM   #43
EmeraldGladiator
Manhunter Repairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

When has that ever happened in the modern era?
Actually I heard about it with Deathstrokes daughter during I think John's Teen Titans run. It got to a point where she was on lots of covers even when she wasn't in the actual issue and I heard it suggested the only reason to do that would be sales related. It was awhile back and I don't know how much credence to give it but at the time her cover appearances spike was noticeable since she went from a supporting character to one of the most popular core characters on the team. Popularity is hard to quantify but I am going by cover appearances, and becoming central to the book storyline wise.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:04 PM   #44
EmeraldGladiator
Manhunter Repairman

Hypo back to Cruz I mean character on far left aside, you have the Trinity, possibly two legacy characters from said Trinity, possibly a much requested speedster highly tied to current hit tv show, stars of an upcoming big budget movie, and ...Cruz. Which one doesn't belong? You could say as far as the nu 52 is concerned Cruz has as much gravitas as Clark's son or new Wally but you can't argue with the importance of Wally West in the DCU mythos. Unless the character on the left is Baz in which case she won't stick out, she will have company as far as not belonging, lol.
Old 03-24-2016, 01:54 AM   #45
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
New DC Rebirth teaser is up, Jessica Cruz is featured:

Steve Orlando retweeted this teaser but didn't retweet the first one. Could be something, could be nothing.

Quote:
Hypo back to Cruz I mean character on far left aside, you have the Trinity, possibly two legacy characters from said Trinity, possibly a much requested speedster highly tied to current hit tv show, stars of an upcoming big budget movie, and ...Cruz. Which one doesn't belong? You could say as far as the nu 52 is concerned Cruz has as much gravitas as Clark's son or new Wally but you can't argue with the importance of Wally West in the DCU mythos. Unless the character on the left is Baz in which case she won't stick out, she will have company as far as not belonging, lol.
Yea, I disagree...given how clear DC has made it that Wally isn't a priority I think Cruz belongs on that teaser just as much as him, which is to say neither of them truly belong on a teaser announcing a major DC relaunch. Ditto to whichever Superboy that ends up being.

Last edited by Hypo; 03-24-2016 at 01:56 AM.
Hypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 04:52 AM   #46
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

I like her costume, but not enough to read a book starring her and Baz

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 01:00 PM   #47
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
I like her costume, but not enough to read a book starring her and Baz
Depends entirely on the creative team for me.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:24 PM   #48
Space Cop
The Dandy

I don't do twitter, so thanks for the updates, Hypo.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:55 PM   #49
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Well I hope she's just in some shitty league book. They better not waste one of the two GL titles by having her star in them.

Geoff Johns should go fall in love with the Legion and keep busy creating characters for that team. The GLC has too many human characters fighting for the spotlight as it is, without that fool making it worse.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:11 PM   #50
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Shhhhh Dave, it'll be all right.