Green Lantern: Lost Army Sneak Peek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
    So you liked that he was called Krona but had nothing whatsoever to do with any previous appearance of the character over many, many years? I couldn't figure out why they didn't just use a new character if all they were going to use of Krona was the name.
    yep

Comment

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
      yep
      I'm just curious. I can see how somebody could enjoy the character that was presented. I'm just not quite sure why somebody would specifically prefer completely changing an existing character into that, vs. making a new character to fit what they needed for the story.

Comment

My first introduction to Krona was in JLA/Avengers, after that I researched the character. Read more stories involving him, but liked Vol 4 version the best.

Comment

The art was good and the colors were brilliant. I'm interested to see where this goes, but I'm not too sure about the Krona angle. Last I paid attention, Krona was dead and Atrocitus was dragging around his carcass and talking to it like it was Jiminy Cricket.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            Given that the dialogue boxes talk about him being a "renegade Guardian" and say that he "died trying to destroy the Corps itself" I wouldn't hold my breath for him being portrayed correctly, as that seems to refer directly to the former story line with "Krona-in-name-only".

Then again, he certainly looks the part more, and he IS alive, so maybe it will reveal that all that junk with "KINO" was not REALLY Krona. That'd be hard to reconcile, though, given that the previous story had all kinds of flashbacks that established Krona as a "renegade Guardian", something he never was before.
            One can still hope in vain, though as long as they take steps to making him more his cosmic scientist self I'd be happy with a compromise at this point. Just as long as he isn't about spreading emotions.

I also will have to agree with the others, the art looks really good here.

Comment

"War of the Green Lanterns" is pre-New 52, so some of the things there are open to change. I could be mistaken, but wasn't Krona already retconned back to his previous look prior to this instance? Wasn't there a scene in "Wrath of the First Lantern" that depicted him looking like the original Krona?

Ahh, here it is (early in the vid):
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uTTSTLrjEU

That's especially weird, because Krona appeared as a Black Lantern in Venditti's Green Lantern "Futures End" issue as the little Guardian version. Oh well. I'm just going to take it as that he's back to looking like the old version. It looks like Geoff Johns retconned himself.
              ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Actually, in WotGLs and Wrath Krona was depicted as the original in the all of the Maltus flashback scenes. So there's no retcon there.

Also, Krona's death was continued of Red Lanterns which is new 52. Atrocitus spent like the first 9 issues crying over his his dead (small) body. So it would make sense that in the Futures End story that he would be the smaller version. So Cullen Bunn retconned Johns, Mulligan, and Venditti.

Comment

He should look pretty much the way Gil Kane drew him.

Comment

I'm just going to chalk this up to the way Convergence messed with everything, including Injustice, Infinity Inc, Earth-2 (in all their myriad forms), etc.

Krona lives!

And it's the "tall", normal Krona, not the DC vs. Marvel Krona, nor the "short Guardian" Krona, just Krona. Maybe. You do know the Guardians used to be able to power the GL rings in their presence just by thinking about it, right? So maybe that's why Krona's there. After all, all the Alpha Lanterns were killed off.

Comment

Working...
                    X