Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joker

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Supposedly this is a big political thing. Like, a somewhat veiled "I Hate Trump/Capitalism: The Movie."

Comment

Of COURSE it is.

Comment

That's probably why I like the trailer. The Waynes are going to be the bad guys.
        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
          Supposedly this is a big political thing. Like, a somewhat veiled "I Hate Trump/Capitalism: The Movie."
          Lol what? Man I have not been paying attention to this movie.

Anyways it looks solid enough and I like the laugh, but I still have practically no interest in a Joker origin movie.

Comment

I don't know if I am underwhelmed or impressed yet. I'm kind of interested in a character study of the Joker that is played realistically, but I have real doubts that they will really pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
              ...Anyways it looks solid enough and I like the laugh, but I still have practically no interest in a Joker origin movie.
              Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
              I don't know if I am underwhelmed or impressed yet. I'm kind of interested in a character study of the Joker that is played realistically, but I have real doubts that they will really pull it off.
              While everybody and their mother loved TDK, I'm one of the only people (I do know at least one other) that didn't like the real-world approach to the Joker. This looks like that taken to the Nth degree. I'll see it eventually, but not sure I'll get to it on a matinee or wait for Netflix.

Comment

It reminds me more of early Scorsese; definitely getting heavy King of Comedy vibes. I like the way they are approaching Gotham as more of a real place in a state of urban decay; kind of a Nolan-eque take on grounded world building. I'm actually really excited about this one I think it will divide a lot of people, but at the very least it will be interesting and new.
                http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

It looks like it could be a good film. Phoenix has chops and the film will pretty much assuredly make its money back. It doesn't seem like it targeted to the casual fans, I will probably wait to hear how good it is from people I trust before seeing it in a theater.

I will see it eventually out of curiosity, unless friends and such push me to see it sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    While everybody and their mother loved TDK, I'm one of the only people (I do know at least one other) that didn't like the real-world approach to the Joker. This looks like that taken to the Nth degree. I'll see it eventually, but not sure I'll get to it on a matinee or wait for Netflix.
                    I didn't care for it either.

And I'm not interested in the joker movie at all. It looks and feels like they want you to sympathize with the psychopathic killer the joker becomes.
                    Time,Space and Will Power

Comment

Scorsese jumping ship before they started shooting doesn't give me much hope.
                      Todd fucking Philips directing doesn't give me much hope.
                      Robert DeNiro's miss-to-hit ratio is getting worse and worse with every single year.
                      Do we really need another "sad clown" story, even if it's a well-crafted movie?
                      Do we really need an origin for the Joker?
                      Yes, Joaquin Phoenix is a great actor. And I'm sure he will be able to sell it when his mother dies. But that's not enough for me to spend money on a ticket.

Comment

Surprisingly a really great and effective trailer. Phoenix in particular looks superb.

Comment

Okay, this is looking bad.

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/...mpression=true

https://www.fanbyte.com/reviews/joke...t-good-enough/

https://www.cnet.com/news/joker-movi...tman-spin-off/

Comment

seen Joker last night...................... i didn't like it, it was a slow burn, almost no action in it (yes i know it wasn't an action movie), and that ending makes it look like nothing in the movie really happened

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Joker makes $94M at debut
                              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Working...
                              X