FLASHCHAT

Sector 0
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #26
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Dragon View Post
Are you deliberately trying to incite a flamewar, that specifically goes against all this sites rules?

This thread was to end the Hal vs. Kyle bullshit. Either don't bring it here, or just stay the fuck away.

This is neutral ground where that shit isn't meant to stink.
Those flame ware ended years ago. You're the one who brought it back up, while claiming you were trying to "end " it. It ended years ago without your help.

Anyway, as I already told you, almost all the people who were trolling Hal and the Corps cut it out as soon as they realized which way the wind was blowing. That's what the whole thing was about the whole time -- those folks supporting the people who were in charge of the comic in anything they might decide to do.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #27
lokeinlyesmith

Quote:
Are you deliberately trying to incite a flamewar, that specifically goes against all this sites rules?

This thread was to end the Hal vs. Kyle bullshit. Either don't bring it here, or just stay the fuck away.

This is neutral ground where that shit isn't meant to stink.

Sheesh. I keep waiting for them to change the logo to match the forums -real- name. Ya know, not "The Green Lantern Corps Message Board" but "The_Mad_Dragon's Green Lantern Corps Message Board".

I have less of a problem with Kyle, and more a problem with his fans. The constant "We need a new costume" "We need new powers" "we need our own book" "Kyle needs to be a special snowflake" is irritating. If Kyle fans gets to bombard us with these suggestions, then we who are NOT of the Kyle-loving variety should be able to speak our minds about why we disagree and think these are bad ideas.

You get to speak your opinion, I get to speak mine.

Unless of course we really ARE changing this to "The_Mad_Dragon's Green Lantern Corps Message Board", and then I suppose the rest of us can just just stay the fuck away.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:36 PM   #28
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Not even with ethanthunders lips.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #29
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokeinlyesmith View Post
Sheesh. I keep waiting for them to change the logo to match the forums -real- name. Ya know, not "The Green Lantern Corps Message Board" but "The_Mad_Dragon's Green Lantern Corps Message Board".

I have less of a problem with Kyle, and more a problem with his fans. The constant "We need a new costume" "We need new powers" "we need our own book" "Kyle needs to be a special snowflake" is irritating. If Kyle fans gets to bombard us with these suggestions, then we who are NOT of the Kyle-loving variety should be able to speak our minds about why we disagree and think these are bad ideas.

You get to speak your opinion, I get to speak mine.

Unless of course we really ARE changing this to "The_Mad_Dragon's Green Lantern Corps Message Board", and then I suppose the rest of us can just just stay the fuck away.
In Mad´s defense, I never saw Mad bitching about Kyle´s suit, powers or book. I don´t think he means harm regarding Hal fans.

Last edited by Orion Pax; 06-05-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:51 PM   #30
lokeinlyesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
In Mad´s defense, I never saw Mad bitching about Kyle´s suit, powers or book. I don´t think he means harm regarding Hal fans.
This isn't the first time Mad's "thrown out" someone over anti-Kyle talk. He's done the same to me. Until recently, I thought Mad was one of the coolest guys in the world. But he turns into a huge jerk over Kyle. "RRRAARRR. SWEAR FEALTY TO KYLE RAYNER OR GTFO OF MY THREAD!! RAAAR!" It just makes him look silly.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #31
The_Mad_Dragon
Captain Pervert

Send a message via AIM to The_Mad_Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to The_Mad_Dragon

For the record, I was responding to Tazer who was trying to start up the fight here.

And I've been fair to both Kyle and Hal.

Back up your arguements before you spout lies at me.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:01 PM   #32
lokeinlyesmith

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...&postcount=180

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...7&postcount=25

Here ya go. Here's my proof. Someone says something against Kyle and you tell them to leave. People who don't like Kyle aren't allowed to say so around you. Liking Kyle is okay. Liking Hal is okay. Not liking Hal is okay. But not liking Kyle? That's a no-no.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #33
The_Mad_Dragon
Captain Pervert

Send a message via AIM to The_Mad_Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to The_Mad_Dragon

I responded in defense of Kyle after people attack him. You're stating that I wouldn't defend attacks on Hal's character. And Honestly? I would defend Jordan just as equally as Rayner. And I would tell that attacker to leave just as I would my favorite GL.

Honestly, you should stop. You only embarass yourself.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:27 PM   #34
lokeinlyesmith

Quote:
I would defend Jordan just as equally as Rayner. And I would tell that attacker to leave just as I would my favorite GL.

Half my point right here. Who are you to tell anyone to do anything? My opinion is just as valid and has every right to be spoken as yours.
I just spent some time finding a few points where people bashed Hal and you said nothing.
But you're right. I should stop. I momentarily forgot who -really- runs the board. My apologies.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:30 PM   #35
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

We have the right to hate any character we please. Even if it's the "Torchbearer" known as Kyle Rayner
Old 06-05-2010, 09:16 PM   #36
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

DC Comics has crammed Kyle down my throat for 16 years, and I still can't stand him. It just ain't gonna happen -- I ain't ever gonna like him. They could send him to my house with a million dollars, and I still wouldn't like him.

The online war ended the day that Hal and the Corps were brought back. That's because the people who wanted Hal and the Corps kept gone were the ones who were entirely responsible for it. And there's no point in dragging it all up again at this late date in order to supposedly "end" it.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:04 PM   #37
Razorgod
Anti-Monitor

Send a message via Yahoo to Razorgod Send a message via Skype™ to Razorgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spy Smasher View Post
DC Comics has crammed Kyle down my throat for 16 years, and I still can't stand him. It just ain't gonna happen -- I ain't ever gonna like him. They could send him to my house with a million dollars, and I still wouldn't like him.
If the million dollars was for me, I'd not only like the guy...I'd let him bang my wife.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #38
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

*hands Razorgod $1M in a bag with $$$ on it.......*

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:26 PM   #39
The_Mad_Dragon
Captain Pervert

Wait.

What does his wife look like?
Old 06-05-2010, 11:07 PM   #40
Gauntlet101010
Alpha-Lantern

And the moral of this story is:

You still can't bring up Hal VS Kyle in a GL forum and expect things to remain civil.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #41
The_Mad_Dragon
Captain Pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
And the moral of this story is:

You still can't bring up Hal VS Kyle in a GL forum and expect things to remain civil.
Sadly true.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:11 PM   #42
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

And that Kyle Fans like to bring up stuff that has been dead, but refuse to let it go
Old 06-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #43
Mrt1000son
Dark Lord of the Sith

Sol fucking Invictus, all of you shut the fuck up with the flamebaiting, the very thing this thread was made to TRY AND STOP/TAKE THE PISS OUT OF

Don't make Johns create a Teen Lantern!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastroncafe
Freedom of Speech does not mean Freedom From Being Called Out For Spouting Bullshit.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #44
lokeinlyesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrt1000son View Post
Sol fucking Invictus, all of you shut the fuck up with the flamebaiting, the very thing this thread was made to TRY AND STOP/TAKE THE PISS OUT OF
Because the best way to promote peace and tranquility is to tell everyone to shut the fuck up.

A+.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #45
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Sol fucking Invictus
So fucking pretentious...
Old 06-06-2010, 08:53 PM   #46
Jongrier2005
Kilowog's Recruit

Send a message via AIM to Jongrier2005

I agree completely...everyone has their place...but really...people "leave message boards" because of all the hate? now that's sad.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #47
Mrt1000son
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
So fucking pretentious...
Oh do some reading on something before you criticize it

I'm fed up of seeing threads getting turned into shitstorms of flamebaiting instead of making relevant pints, people take cheap shots at opponents like political muckslingers. wager plenty more people on here are fed up too, if bad language gets it to stop, I'm not complaining

Quote:
Freedom of Speech does not mean Freedom From Being Called Out For Spouting Bullshit.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:29 PM   #48
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Oh do some reading on something before you criticize it.
Did you grow up saying "Sol Invictus"?

Or as Spy Smasher would say... is it an affectation?
Old 06-06-2010, 10:36 PM   #49
lokeinlyesmith

Quote:
... if bad language gets it to stop, I'm not complaining
It doesn't. In fact, like attracts like. You're a jerk, only causes me to be more of a jerk. Just feedin' the fire. Maybe a few of you should take your own advice.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:44 PM   #50
Mrt1000son
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
Did you grow up saying "Sol Invictus"?

Or as Spy Smasher would say... is it an affectation?

Oh for the sake of Sol Invictus

I studied ancient Rome a few months back, I developed an appreciation of sorts for their sun god, so I sometimes use his name when I'm annoyed, I do the same with Eywa and Azarath. I didn't realize I had to gain your express written permission before invoking the names of any deities that aren't yahweh, god or allah

My point is, resorting to personnel attacks doesn't help your argument (above statement notwithstanding) and it's not nice for others to have to deal with, whether it's seeing it or trying to intervene or getting the brunt of it, I can definitly see why people have left and I hope it doesn't continue/flare up again, in Qward I can see why it does, but a discussion over comic books should not get that vicious and personal

Quote:
Closed Thread