• Show
Clear All

• His delusions of grandeur are getting worse

Comment

• I find it kind of entertaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
        His delusions of grandeur are getting worse
        Show me where anyone else posted any of those ideas before before DC used them.

Let alone one person who posted them all.

Good luck with that.

Oh, and you don't have to talk to someone else about "he" and "his." You don't have to speak in the third person. You can talk to me.
        Trey Strain
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by Trey Strain; 02-28-2017, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
          Oh YOU were the guy who came up with the idea.
          As I said, I can't back that one up because the evidence is gone. But I'm pretty sure it came from me. I can tell you though that most people shit bricks when I was arguing for it, and many are still shitting them. To this day lots of people at CBR refer to the New 52 as a "debacle."
          Trey Strain
          Guardian of the Universe
          Last edited by Trey Strain; 02-28-2017, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Getting Superman out of the ditch.

Lois stays at the Daily Planet because she's an SJW who gets to do pretty much what she wants. She writes biased articles and drives Clark crazy, but he loves her anyway. She's a vegan too.

Jimmy stays because Perry thinks he's a lost cause and lets him get away with more things than most employers would.

Perry stays because he's too old to quit and too young to retire.

Clark stays because the job suits his purposes.

DC could do that, or it could continue with what it's doing and hope for a better result.
            Trey Strain
            Guardian of the Universe
            Last edited by Trey Strain; 02-28-2017, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post

Oh, and you don't have to talk to someone else about "he" and "his." You don't have to speak in the third person. You can talk to me.
              Ok, I'll bite. Your delusions of grandeur are getting worse.

I don't think DC knows who you are or even care to follow you to take your ideas.

I'm sure others have made the same claims that DC took stuff from them as well.

I'm also pretty sure I have seen the idea of a reboot, bi weekly shipping, etc. on other message boards that I am active on. I cannot provide links because... well browsing boards are entertainment for me and I never really know a poster by name nor do I bookmark anything.

If you really feel DC is taking your ideas, stop giving them away for free. You should be compensated for increasing sales for a multi-million dollar corporation. Take all of you ideas, write them down, apply to DC, present your ideas, get paid. Putting on them on the boards are doing nothing, but making people think you're full of... something.

Comment

• If you're interested enough to dismiss what I'm saying, then you should be interested enough to back up your dismissal. Find where anyone else suggested those ideas before I did. Further, look at the timing of when I wrote those posts, and when DC then announced they were going to do those things.

They don't need to know anything about anyone who suggests an idea to evaluate the idea. An idea stands or falls on its own, and those ideas stood up. If Charles Manson had suggested them, they still stood up. One guy on CBR got worried that DC was listening to me too much so he PMed me insisting that I send him a resume. Can you believe that? I said he should send me one instead, so that if I ever needed an employee, I could keep him in mind.

And this is the third time now that I've said in this thread that DC is not "taking my ideas." I've offered them freely, because I wanted them to do those things. I don't own those characters anyway. How could I make any such claim?

They can listen or not listen to good ideas people post. It's up to them. If they're smart, they'll listen.

BTW, DC hasn't listened to my best idea, when is to junk decompression, write stories with an act structure like television shows and movies, and use a six-panel grid.
                Trey Strain
                Guardian of the Universe
                Last edited by Trey Strain; 02-28-2017, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• + YouTube Video
                  ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    + YouTube Video
                    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                    Were you impressed when Hillary said that yes, I accepted huge amounts of money from lots of nasty people, but no, that doesn't prove the money influenced me?

No, it didn't prove it. But her argument was what was specious.

I doubt that anyone who has any authority at DC will see what I've posted here about recurring minis. At one time this site was a popular destination, but it's pretty much a backwater now. However, if they start doing something pretty much like that, will it be another coincidence?
                    Trey Strain
                    Guardian of the Universe
                    Last edited by Trey Strain; 02-28-2017, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                      One guy on CBR got worried that DC was listening to me too much so he PMed me insisting that I send him a resume. Can you believe that? I said he should send me one instead, so that if I ever needed an employee, I could keep him in mind.

Oh man, this is the best thing I have read all day! It's been kind of a shitty day so thank you!

Comment

• SPOILERS for Hal & GLC

KYLE'S BACK TO GREEN BAYBEEEEEEEEE!!! Even got his original costume too!!

Comment

• Oh, and there ain't no "grandeur" in funny books. It's just marketing and storytelling. The fact that I know that might be why I get good ideas about them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
                            SPOILERS for Hal & GLC

KYLE'S BACK TO GREEN BAYBEEEEEEEEE!!! Even got his original costume too!!

You mean the black one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                              You mean the black one?
                              Yeah. It's in the pic if you just click the link.

Comment

• Man I don't check this thread for three days and ya'll just going bananas LOL

~//V\\~

Comment

Working...
                                X