X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm watching Amazing Spiderman 2 right now

\m/,

via Motorola RAZR XT910
    Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

• Son of Batman

I had the wonderful opportunity to see this film as WonderCon. This animated film definitely earns it's PG-13 rating.

I never read the source material, but I found this film very enjoyable and pitch perfect.

4/5
      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        Scary Movie 3 (2003)

"You're excited? You should feel my nipples."

I'm way behind in this series, but I liked this one a lot more than the first 2. Then I see it's by the director of Airplane (who threw in a reference to that classic).

YOU ARE CRAZY. There are two good things about Scary Movie 3. First, the only good scene is the Matrix parody. Second, its not Scary Movie 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
          YOU ARE CRAZY. There are two good things about Scary Movie 3. First, the only good scene is the Matrix parody. Second, its not Scary Movie 4.
          LOL. I didn't like the Wayans brothers' ones, so it was a welcome change for me and Airplane is #1 or 2 favorite comedy for me.

Comment

• Amazing spider man 2.

Comment

• Tron: Legacy (2010)

"Am I still to create the perfect system?"

I know, I watched this like 2 weeks ago, but watching Tron: Uprising and the BD features to both movies put me in a Tron mood. Plus having watched #1 and the cartoon so recently, I wanted to see how they all fit in the smaller details.

Comment

• Sorry to do this to you space cop,but I just sat down to Watch Retaliation on NetFlix the other night,and I hated it. It was one of the few movies that I could not get all the way through. I hate that a Straight to DVD cartoon like resaloute can be 100 time better then a huge budgeted Hollywood movie.
                Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

• Kelly's Heroes (1970)

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

Not great, but some good parts. Clearly a Vietnam-era WWII movie.

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
                  ...I hate that a Straight to DVD cartoon like resaloute can be 100 time better then a huge budgeted Hollywood movie.
                  No problem. I could see it not being everyone's cup of tea. I don't think it deserved a bunch of Oscars or anything. It's funny because Sunday night I was talking to a guy and he said Retaliation was basically "meh" to him, so I could be way off.

Please tell me you don't like Rise a lot more, though?

I haven't seen any animated GI Joe stuff since RAH. So that stuff could be 100x better for all I know.

I tend to think of movies in terms of scenes I like. In this movie I really had fun with the prison and the breakout from it; the mountaintop ninja battle; and Jonathan Pryce as the Zartan-President (especially at the nuclear summit). And that's kind of enough for me. If there are a few scenes I find really enjoyable, then I "like" the movie.
                  Space Cop
                  The Dandy
                  Last edited by Space Cop; 04-22-2014, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• The original 1968 Planet of the Apes

I never watched this film before last night because I watched Star Wars and everything else just paled in comparison.
                    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Comment

• The Thomas Crown Affair (1999)

"Monet's unknown masterpiece, Dogs At Cards."

Hadn't seen this in a while. Still loved it. One of a very few remakes that I actually like more than the original (and I'm a Steve McQueen fan).

The Artist (2011)

"He owes his life to that dog."

Hadn't seen this since the theater but it's about to expire on Instant Netflix. Still awesome. It's funny, but in my memory I mixed how the two leads meet with how the two meet in Singin' in the Rain, which has a very similar premise.
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 04-23-2014, 02:27 AM.

Comment

• G.I. Joe: The Movie (1987)

"There's only two ways out of my command, on your feet like a man, or in a ditty bag, an itty-bitty ditty bag. YOU GOT IT?"

Milius (2013)

"He doesn't write for p***ies and he doesn't write for women. He writes for men, because he's a man."

Cool docu about a guy I think is one of the most underrated writer-directors of modern movies. His name should be remembered with the rest of the film school generation (Lucas, Spielberg [both good friends of his], Coppola, Scorcese), but for some reason I don't think it's common knowledge that the same man who wrote Apocalypse Now and Dirty Harry also wrote and directed Red Dawn and directedConan the Barbarian.
                          Space Cop
                          The Dandy
                          Last edited by Space Cop; 04-25-2014, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Scary Movie 4 (2006)

"I just don't get kids. Remind me to sign that abortion bill."

Comment

• That Awkward Moment - starring half of the new Fantastic Four. Started out hilariously...ended really generically. Still, a good by the numbers romantic comedy.

Comment

Working...
                                X