Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As for Terminator, I liked 3 and 4 at the time and still think they are ok movies. I can pop them in and enjoy them for what they are. But the truth is (IMO anyway), Terminator 1 and 2 are the only ones that count. In retrospect they should have stopped there.

Sometimes I fantasize that Cameron will come back to do one last movie and they can call it T3 and pretend nothing else happened in between. And that it would make this amazing trilogy. Then I come to and realize how sad I am because it'll never happen...

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
      I saw that over at the Mess this morning, and my heart has LITTERALLY been sinking ever since. This has me really worried; no matter how good the script and the actors are, if this looks like shit up on screen I might just shoot myself.

Why couldn't Jackson just shoot this on film like the LOTR trilogy so it would match up?
      i dunno i think im gona wait till i see footage myself

i dont know if there just saying that do to there past with jackson or what
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
        I saw that over at the Mess this morning, and my heart has LITTERALLY been sinking ever since. This has me really worried; no matter how good the script and the actors are, if this looks like shit up on screen I might just shoot myself.

Why couldn't Jackson just shoot this on film like the LOTR trilogy so it would match up?
        This has me worried, too. It sounds like the exact sort of problems I had when seeing Blu-Ray in stores with bad settings. Too sharp, hyper-real, and CGI stands out WAAAY too much. I have to trust that the folks in charge are smart enough to realize that it looks crappy that way, and find SOME way to adjust it so it looks good on screen. Watching the extras on the LoTR discs, I KNOW that they put a TON of time in post-production into adjusting things so they looked JUST like they wanted. Hopefully that will happen here as well...

EDIT: And I just WISH they would leave the 3D out. Not EVERY big film HAS to be 3D guys! Especially when it is part of a series where the rest of the films were not. (I'm looking at you Harry Potter...)
        Mister Ed
        Horse of a Different Color
        Last edited by Mister Ed; 04-25-2012, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• I'm fairly positive that the studio demanded that the film be in 3D. 3D is always done as a cash grab and it has no merits (at least as there doing it now).

I should also point out that the Hobbit is being in shown in 24fps.
          Mister.Weirdo
          Guardian of the Universe
          Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 04-25-2012, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
            I'm fairly positive that the studio demanded that the film be in 3D. 3D is always done as a cash grab and it has no merits (at least as there doing it now).
            The only instance where I would beg to differ is Hugo (and possibly Avatar). I felt that Hugo was EASILY the best 3D film I'v ever seen, and one of the very few instances where I would actually tell people they SHOULD shell out for the 3D, because it was so well done, and added a lot to the experience of what was, IMHO, a very good film even aside from the 3D.

Avatar's 3D was well done, too, I just didn't like the movie as much.

Comment

I'm fairly positive that the studio demanded that the film be in 3D. 3D is always done as a cash grab and it has no merits (at least as there doing it now).
              Would they be releasing a 2D too though? There are some people, like myself, who can't watch 3D movies....

Comment

• Originally posted by Soranik Natu View Post
                Would they be releasing a 2D too though? There are some people, like myself, who can't watch 3D movies....
                I'm sure they will. 3D only works as a cash grab if you ADD it to regular ticket sales, not replace them. (Well, OK, I imagine SOME films could get away with 3D only, like Star Wars did, and this MIGHT be one of them, but I doubt they'd try it.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Soranik Natu View Post
                  yea i think they will

at least i hope so because i have no intention seeing a movie in 3d

this kind of makes me worried about the part 2 of the hobbit that is slated for 2013 now
                  .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                    yea i think they will

at least i hope so because i have no intention seeing a movie in 3d

this kind of makes me worried about the part 2 of the hobbit that is slated for 2013 now
                    I have epilepsy and even as I've been seizure free for some time now and am on stable meds, 3d movies really wrack my brain and make me sick. I've only been to 1 and I had my eyes shut the majority of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                      I'm sure they will. 3D only works as a cash grab if you ADD it to regular ticket sales, not replace them. (Well, OK, I imagine SOME films could get away with 3D only, like Star Wars did, and this MIGHT be one of them, but I doubt they'd try it.)
                      Where I live, it is a cash grab, the only movie I have yet to see not in 3D (meaning I didn't have a choice the other times) was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.

Comment

• ^ That's the one I was tricked into seeing in 3d!
                        Take my memories! I dont want them

Comment

Where I live, it is a cash grab, the only movie I have yet to see not in 3D (meaning I didn't have a choice the other times) was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.
                          That's...very odd. 2D screens still outnumber 3D screens here in Portland, OR by a significant number (especially if you count the discount theaters). The only 3D movie I've ever seen ONLY be available in 3D was Epsiode I. Usually both versions are available in the same complex, but if not, the other version is available nearby.

This is the first I've heard of your particular problem. I thought it was much more common to have the problem my folks have, where if they want to watch the 3D version, they need to take a lengthy drive to another city.

That sucks for you. I'd be waiting for most EVERYTHING on DVD if that was the case here...

Comment

• It's the same in NYC. Most theatres in the city proper don't give you the option for 2D
                            I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                              It's the same in NYC. Most theatres in the city proper don't give you the option for 2D
                              They probably can't afford to. I'd hate to run a business in NYC. Do they at least offer movies that are ONLY 2D?

Comment

• They could afford to plenty when 3D wasnt all the rage. They have 2D movies as well. What I meant was more often than not the really big theatres don't give you the option for 2D if it is a 3D movie.
                                I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X