Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo.

saw pics of wat M$'s new console will look like, and the term "shelf speaker" comes to mind....:

:/

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• They went from a generic black box design to an absurd one. And I thought the original Xbox looked hokey.
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

Comment

• I only got my XBone two years ago. I'm depressed to think about the next one coming out soon.

Comment

• Every time I hear about how the PS5 is coming out soon, I realize my constant playing of video games hasn't been constant enough, because I still have a fat backlog.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
              Every time I hear about how the PS5 is coming out soon, I realize my constant playing of video games hasn't been constant enough, because I still have a fat backlog.
              So do I. It's almost like we don't play as much as we get older... either that, or the number of games worth playing has increased far too much.
              Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

• ^Yeah, I have time almost every afternoon where I could play, but I have to get in the mood, where I get hooked on some title. So for the past couple weeks I've used that time to read, watch special features on BDs, or watch wrestling videos.

I don't think I'll get the next gen. I was on the fence with this one, but it was grating on me not to have the latest Hitman or Mortal Kombat. That's really not a good enough reason to spend that much money and, now, I'm not even up to date on those.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
                  So do I. It's almost like we don't play as much as we get older... either that, or the number of games worth playing has increased far too much.
                  Yes and no on both accounts, I feel.

We get to decide our playtime limits as we grow older; and while the number of games is certainly large, it's a mixture of being able to hold developers accountable for bad games (and conversely praise them for good ones) and expanding our personal gaming tastes that we may try new games that account for the wide selection.

I know I've got way too many interests, especially with RPGs having such involvement (quests, random loot, expansions, etc). I get hooked on a single game or two and let all the others rust while I chase a particular reward.

Comment

• It also doesn't help that sometimes you just feel like playing a game you've beaten time and time again... like Skyrim... which I just reinstalled because reasons.
                    Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

• Shit, I felt the exact same way about Resident Evil 4. I must have played it five times in a row once I got it.

Comment

• After grinding like hell the past few days, I have finally gotten the backpack and chest that work with my Tip of the Spear build (Jett4th's, modified because I can't have the same backpack as I am unable to do the raid currently). Gonna have to give it a spin later on.

Division 2 also has a new "hardcore" mode, wherein you have 1 life and no checkpoints to beat the game. You get some nifty aesthetic rewards, but beyond that, it's a particular challenge for particular gamers. I am almost definitely not even going to try.

Now that I have that grind set aside (though it leaves other grinds still to do), I can get back to working towards Destiny 2's Redrix's Broadsword.

Comment

• I had completely missed this gem from earlier this year:

+ YouTube Video
                          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I'm having such a blast playing this.

Comment

• Swung by GameStop, because I honestly wasn't sure what to get my dad for Christmas but maybe I could find a good deal on an RPG-type game he might like.

Borderlands 3 for $35 used? Sounds good to me.

I've always liked the covers of the games, how "explosive art nuvaeu" it was, and 3 has this "modern high art" look to it. I need a copy for myself one day.

...I still need to play 2, for fuck's sake.

Comment

• Been playing Mortal Kombat 11 and I'm not sure I really like it. I'm pretty sure I've had more trouble with this than any previous MK and I'm pretty sure I've been yelling-angry more than I have been smiling-happy.

It looks great and the story and fatalities and such are great, but it's beyond my skill set. I can't even complete the tutorials (to get the achievement). I did all of it but the combos part and I apparently can't do the first combo to cancel combo. I've literally tried the one lesson for hours (over multiple sessions on multiple days) and can't pull it off. And I've had similar problems with other moves and such. It's a complicated fighter.

Comment

• I still haven't played 10/XL myself. Come to think of it, I haven't even played Street Fighter IV yet, and I've had the collector's edition since day one (I do remember hearing how hard some of the training challenges are, so I'm dreading that).

Comment

Working...
                                X