No announcement yet.

When heroes die.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually when Ollie Died I knew Hal was out there and his powers could "fix" things.
    The only deaths I ever "felt" in comics were Ice, Ralph & Sue, Beetle and J'onn
    Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

some deaths i actually felt
      1.john sheridan babylon 5
      2.james kirk star trek generations
      3.superman
      4.hal jordan damn that was emotional also when hal turned to parallax
      5.connor macleod highlander endgame
      there are a few others but these ones really mattered i think that more deaths need to be permanent

Comment

1. Rorschach
        2. Ch'p (i was a young child and it was very heartbreaking)
        3. Vic Sage (not a great death, but i've always held the character close to heart)
        4. Obi Wan Kenobi
        5. Josef K
        "Don't disturb my circles."

Comment

I cried at the deaths of

Spock, Star Trek II.
          the DeLorean, Back to the Future III.
          A brainwashed actress that got surgery to look like Aunt May, Amazing Spider-Man #400.
          Skip, My Dog Skip.
          Agent 355, Y - The Last Man (but only in #60, when Yorick is wearing the scarf).

Comment

I will not be ashamed to admit I cried like a baby when Connor was killed in Endgame. He was my favorite character out of the entire franchise, and admittedly I was a little young, but I just thought 'No, Duncan, you cant! NO!!!!'

Comment

The only good deaths were
              Hal
              Barry(eh)
              Rorschach
              Captain Marvel's in KC.
              And some others I can't think of now...

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                The way to go out is fighting, facing nearly all of your worst enemies. It's the ONLY HEROIC way to go.
                nope. Ted Knight/Barry Allen/Kara Zor-El/Skurge did anything but that, yet all of their deaths were just as heroic as anything ever done.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Dinobot diying was sad it was worse when megatorn "reborn him" it was sick to see dinobot evil again.

A few other deaths got to be but since everyone comes back to life at this point when a hero dies I just wonder when they will come back

Comment

i felt Capt. Mar-vel's death in the old marvel gn-even the skrulls turned out to honor their most hated enemy-that's mad respect

Comment

Heroes never die....BROTHER.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hulkster View Post
                        Heroes never die....BROTHER.
                        No, its;

" Heroes Die... Legends live .... something about forever but not really..... "

Ah shit, I forgot. Lemme go ask Grant...

Team Cyclops !!! ...Screw Wolverine.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago_GL View Post
                          A hero's death should have meaning, it should make you feel something when you read it.
                          Exactly.

Unfortunately death in comics has lost meaning because too many that had an impact were reversed. Mar-Vell's death is one major death I can think of that hasn't been reversed. That one had an impact because dying of cancer is not how one would expect a warrior like that to die.

Admittedly when the GN came out I wasn't that familiar with the character. The story was great and it was sad, but it didn't make me cry.

Only two comics deaths have done that.

One was Nightrunner from Elfquest. Yeah, he wasn't even one of the elves, he was Cutter's wolf friend. Still, that scene with Ember hugging her wolf cub friend and the Wolfriders howling for Nightrunner brought a tear to my eye.

The other was a nameless character in Spider-Man volume 2 #36, the 9/11 issue. Spidey tries to get a kid hiding by a car to safety, and the kid tells him his father told him to wait there. Just then some FDNY come out carrying the body of one of their fallen. The kid's eyes widen and Spidey has to hold him back as he's screaming "DADDY!!!"

Another thing is the surprise factor. What was the last unexpected major death in comics? Hell, even in movies or on TV? The last one that really comes to mind is Tessa on Highlander: The Series. If there was any advance press on that one I completely missed it and it shocked the hell out of me.

Comment

Working...
                          X