No announcement yet.

Artists you'd like to see on GL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicola Scott, the work on Earth 2 would work on GL, but always first and foremost Ivan Reis or Alan Davis

Comment

Francis isn't the best writer, but he's far from bad and his art is amazing so it works out in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post

Francis isn't the best writer, but he's far from bad and his art is amazing so it works out in the end.
        Awesome.

Comment

In addition to the artists already mentioned, would like to see the following:

Brian Stalfreeze (if he wasn't at Marvel)
          Julie Anderson
          Felipe Smith (just for something radically different)
          no chance in hell of it happening, but I would like to see a GL one-shot done by Hirohiko Araki (creator of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
          Kevin O'Neil

Give 'em the evil look son!

Comment

I would be happy with a lot of those artists above! I'd like to throw in:
            -- Olivier Coipel
            -- Stuart Immomen

Comment

Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
              I would be happy with a lot of those artists above! I'd like to throw in:
              -- Olivier Coipel
              -- Stuart Immomen
              Both are Marvel exclusive, no?

Comment

Another suggestion

Yildiray Cinar would be very good on Green Lantern, I was looking at his work on the Metal Men part of the Legends of Tomorrow anthology book. I also liked his work on a Legion of Super Heroes Book actually I liked it a whole lot. He is in the DC family so it wouldn't be too hard to pull off. Here is a link to what looks like some commissioned GLC artwork.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0yanmdIGpX...s_by_Cinar.jpg

Comment

Cinar was a hot artist right up until they put him on Firestorm and then I never heard from him again. smh

Comment

I believe his most recent work was Superior Iron Man.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                      Cinar was a hot artist right up until they put him on Firestorm and then I never heard from him again. smh
                      Another instance of DC using hot artists to prop up titles they want to succeed (not a bad thing in and of itself) but they haven't been too successful at it, it might serve them well to put their best and brightest on their best properties (exception being when the best and brightest have a true love for a character ie I have no great love for Plastic Man but EVS does so he might knock that out of the park). That rising tide could raise all boats, if DC had 3 or 4 franchises as healthy as the Batman one, like Green Lantern, Justice League/Society, Superman, then those four franchises could support all the passion projects and outside the box titles like a Mosaic, Demon Knights or Prez. Back to Cinar is he an independent because he is on this Legends of tomorrow mini out this week or was this something that was in the can before he left to go to Marvel?

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                        I believe his most recent work was Superior Iron Man.
                        he's drawing legends of tomorrow right now

Comment

Oh right...I forgot that was a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
                            I actually think we might have a new artist team come GL #51. Here's a conservation Venditti had with a fan on twitter where he dodges a question when asked if his X-O artist, Rafa Sandoval, will be staying on GL past #51.

I haven't seen much of his work but I'm already liking what I see from this cover.

Guess this turned out to be true! Still have mixed feelings about Venditti staying on to write Hal Jordan & The GLC but at least we know we'll have great art with Sandoval and EVS on the book.
                            Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
                              Guess this turned out to be true! Still have mixed feelings about Venditti staying on to write Hal Jordan & The GLC but at least we know we'll have great art with Sandoval and EVS on the book.
                              Here's his cover

Comment

hmmm interesting plot point but I see Sinestro is wearing the armor again, I wonder how that will play out now that Par(Hal)lax is in this reality. I hope Venditti transforms him from murderous one note villain he was in his last portrayal but it makes me wonder what side he would be on. As with anything it would be interesting if Venditti scripts it right.

Comment

Working...
                                X