The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern: New Guardians/Kyle Rayner
FLASHCHAT

Kyle Rayner
View Poll Results: Rate GL:NG #3
* 3 12.00%
** 1 4.00%
*** 4 16.00%
**** 10 40.00%
***** 7 28.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2011, 03:25 AM   #26
JuanMal
Fatality's Blacksmith

I have to reread it, as I picked it up on Wednesday and read through it really quickly before going to the gym, but I from what I remember it was really good. I hear what people are saying about Munk lacking compassion. For someone who's name is pretty close to "monk" and is supposed to represent the emotion of compassion he is pretty eager to go after Kyle for "stealing" an indigo ring.

toweroffate.blogspot.com
JuanMal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:42 AM   #27
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

The Guardians were pretts impressed by Larfleeze's sentient constructs. Could that be foreshadowing for the Third Army? Will the Third Army be sentient constructs as well?
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:12 AM   #28
Phantom6
Corpse Trainee

Well, that was... Incredibly disappointing.
Phantom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:24 PM   #29
Cyberium
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
The Guardians were pretts impressed by Larfleeze's sentient constructs. Could that be foreshadowing for the Third Army? Will the Third Army be sentient constructs as well?
That is quite a thought, after all constructs are absolutely obedient and requires no mind of its own, although I am not sure who is powerful enough to take over the roles of 7200 members of the Corps all at once. Even Larfleeze didn't generate that many Orange Lanterns.

Either way, good to see Larfleeze once again a menacing monster he was when he first showed up. I was so sick and tired of the clown Larfleeze during Blackest Night.

It's odd to see Ganthet regards Blue Lantern Corps as a mistake, consider how useful they could be. The original idea for Blues was to use it to support Green Lanterns, not taking over, so there's no need to really 'remove' them. The way Blue rings could power the Green up to 200% is an asset for Green Lantern Corps, unless there's that idea of Third Army floating around that'd potentially remove the Lanterns all together.

Cyberium of Sector 614, you foresee great HOPE in our future.
Cyberium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:41 PM   #30
Medphyll
Guy's Drinking Buddy

I liked this issue. It got the story moving (at last) and was full of action. Fun stuff. And a really eye-catching cover!
Medphyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #31
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

Forgot to post my review link...been a busy weekend! http://indigotribe.wordpress.com/201...w-guardians-3/
Old 11-28-2011, 02:23 AM   #32
HopeWithoutWill
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Wow. Phenomenal. I wasn't expecting the story to develop so quickly. The art is also fantastic. 5 stars. Best issue of any of the Green Lanterns so far, in my opinion.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:24 AM   #33
HopeWithoutWill
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom6 View Post
Well, that was... Incredibly disappointing.
What provoked you to make this statement?
Old 11-28-2011, 03:59 AM   #34
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeWithoutWill View Post
What provoked you to make this statement?
Maybe because it was.
Mister.Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #35
IonFan
Forum Member

i give it 4*, would of loved to see Kyle as "Super-Lantern" for more then 2 pages (), wtf is up with the GoftheU 1st they get mad at Kyle for having all the rings (something he didn't even want) and then they try to boot him out of the Corps for attacking them (something that looks like he didn't even have control of), what's the end game for AO?

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:26 PM   #36
Ion2814
Corpse Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberium View Post
It's odd to see Ganthet regards Blue Lantern Corps as a mistake, consider how useful they could be. The original idea for Blues was to use it to support Green Lanterns, not taking over, so there's no need to really 'remove' them. The way Blue rings could power the Green up to 200% is an asset for Green Lantern Corps, unless there's that idea of Third Army floating around that'd potentially remove the Lanterns all together.
He said that cause the Guardians have locked up his emotions in GL#1, hence his reaction to Kyle earlier in the issue. Basically they're trying to have him be part of the hivemind again. And in the Guardians eyes, no other Corps should exist. My guess is they let Sinestro go knowing he'd try to take out the Sinestro Corps, which would be fine with them.
Ion2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #37
Blurrz
Major Force's Dinner Date

That Kyle needs to get a figure, it was pretty boss. Did the experience age Kyle, or was he just short of breath? Art was phenomenal. Good throwback to BN. Larfleeze showing up was legit.

Overall, it wasn't too bad. The Guardians are starting to aggravate me with their hasty decisions in regards to the Earth GLs, but it's nothing new I suppose. I guess seeing Sayd will 'wake up' Ganthet.

Last edited by Blurrz; 12-09-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Blurrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:05 AM   #38
LordAtrocitus
Green Lantern Initiate

I seriously loved this issue. I'm really hurt by the fact that Ganthet has been lobotomized. I've bonded with his character and he was very important to me. He's just...gone. I have a feeling they're going to get him back somehow though...

The only way I can think of would be if the White Entity saved him...I hope it does cuz it sucks hard right now..

Into philosophy? Religion? Politics? Comics? Games? Wanna discuss these things/see reviews? Comment on previous posts! Visit my blogs! http://btucker9.blogspot.com/ http://bulletlantern.blogspot.com/
LordAtrocitus is offline   Reply With Quote