Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Brave & The Bold #19, #20 + #21 + #22 Covers+Solits (Hal, Phantom Stranger + GA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Brave & The Bold #19, #20 + #21 + #22 Covers+Solits (Hal, Phantom Stranger + GA)

I cannot WAIT for this 3 parter to come out. I've picked up the majority of the first 12 issues of this series (1-6, 11 +12) but have since dropped it. I'll be back for this however.

Written by David Hine; Art by Doug Braithwaite and Bill Reinhold; Cover by Doug Braithwaite
    A strange child channels the Green Lantern oath and scrawls it on a wall. It's a summons from forces located in another galaxy. A fantastic civilization that has its own Green Lantern requires immediate aid and their only chance for survival rests in the hands of Hal Jordan and the Phantom Stranger!

This one looks VERY interesting:

Written by David Hine; Art and Cover by Doug Braithwaite and Bill Reinhold
    Green Lantern and Phantom Stranger are summoned to a dangerous new world! Beautiful and otherworldly, this planet looks like nothing you've seen before. But its civilization hides a secret strange enough to overpower the Stranger!
    sigpic
    Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Is that a male Zamaron on the second cover or am I just getting paranoid?

Comment

I also can't wait for this storyline B&B is a quality comic but I don't enjoy it as much when Hal isn't it in as when he's part of the storylines.
        "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

Yeah, I'll get these too!!!
          Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

Now THIS looks worth getting

Does anyone else think the person on the second cover looks a lot like a Zamaron?

Originally posted by Plastroncafe
            Freedom of Speech does not mean Freedom From Being Called Out For Spouting Bullshit.

Comment

Yeah it totally does...man that would be a crazy GL eh?
              sigpic

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Adding #21's cover:

THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #21
                Written by David Hine
                Art by Doug Braithwaite & Bill Reinhold
                Cover by Doug Braithwaite
                It’s Lantern vs. Lantern as Hal Jordan comes to blows with his bizarre alien counterpart! Back on Earth, Green Arrow struggles to save the children of Arcadia Orphanage from further horrific experimentation!
                On sale January 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
                sigpic

Comment

Well, I know what I hope to get as a late January birthday gift ... Ollie & Hal together in
                  Brave & Bold #21 ... WOO HOO !!!

Comment

Hell yeah, its been a long time coming. + =
                    sigpic

Comment

Would have been neat if Neal Adams did another variant cover for this issue!
                      Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

Just FYI, I believe this is a four issue arc.

According to Hine in ever interview I've seen, at least.
                        Check out my blog! Reviews! Thoughts! Story ideas! Comics-Related-Ephemera!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Comment

Really? That would be awesome! As far as I know the solits only go up to issue #3 tho.
                          sigpic

Comment

I remember this book... I picked up the first arc, and then dropped it. But, I don't know... After seeing this, I MIGHT have to get back on the horse...

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
                              Really? That would be awesome! As far as I know the solits only go up to issue #3 tho.
                              You're correct there, but that's only because Feb. solicits haven't come out yet (next week, I believe?).

I expect that will solicit the last issue of this run, and then March will be the start of the JMS run.

Probably for the best, since JMS has so much other stuff going on with movie scripts (to the point that he had to stop with Thor and we've seen big delays in his other titles).
                              Check out my blog! Reviews! Thoughts! Story ideas! Comics-Related-Ephemera!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Comment

First one is out today.

Comment

Working...
                                X