The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys
FLASHCHAT

Action Figures and Toys

Old 05-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Default SDCC 2013 Exclusives

From DC Collectibles

3 3/4" Sinestro, Arkillo and Black Hand

Arkham City Hugo Strange Figure

Aardman Superman

DC Shorts Wonder Girl, Batgirl and Supergirl

Old 05-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

YAY! Another Aardman toy!! The DC Shorts girls look cool too. Pretty sure Im done with those 3 3/4 figures. Just not worth it.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

I was hoping Bleez would be the next convention exclusive. Ah well. So, that DC Collectibles is supposed to be a 4-pack? Seems there's no rhyme or reason as to who they put in the sets.

Train, what's so good about the Aardman collection? I saw the shorts on the DC Nation and, well... I just don't get it.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #4
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Honestly I am just a big fan of that animation and Aardman studios. I have loved all of their Wallace and Grommit stuff and of course Chiken Run. It's not so much that there is anything good about it, it's a pretty standard figure/mini statue. I also found the shorts to be very cute and amusing.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Because of Hugo Strange, I'm certain Graphiti Design will be going back to the raffle process.

Man, I wish I has a pass to preview night.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #6
plastroncafe
Alpha-Lantern

I am all over that Super Best Friends Forever set.
All over it.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #7
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I have ZERO interest in starting a 3" scale line. I don't like that scale (my childhood with Star Wars being the exception), and beyond that they just don't look very good. I've got more than enough GL toys to scratch that itch. For me to buy anything more they have to offer something really cool or something I feel I'm missing.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:53 PM   #8
hazardfilms
Parallax Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
Because of Hugo Strange, I'm certain Graphiti Design will be going back to the raffle process.

Man, I wish I has a pass to preview night.
I hope not, but in any case, Preview Night may be the only night I go. If so, I'll grab one for you.

hazardfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:05 AM   #9
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazardfilms View Post
I hope not, but in any case, Preview Night may be the only night I go. If so, I'll grab one for you.
Sweet!!! I really appreciate it if you're able to do so as it was save me from grief and aggreviation.

However, last year, some of the vendors (Graphitti Designs included) did not sell any exclusives on Preview Night.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:00 AM   #10
Hybrid Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Love Sinestro's sword.
Hybrid Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #11
Coad14
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Wizkids/NECA are doing a Giant Shuma Gorath heroclix and a Trinity of Sin heroclix (nu52 Pandora, Phantom Stranger, and Question). cant get a pic yet to post

Coad14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #12
hazardfilms
Parallax Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid Lantern View Post
Love Sinestro's sword.
A sword... How human.

hazardfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #13
Zander Yurami
Fear is Power

Where do you guys get your info? Wanted to see if there is gonna be a new Ghostbuster or Power Rangers item
Old 05-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #14
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
Honestly I am just a big fan of that animation and Aardman studios. I have loved all of their Wallace and Grommit stuff and of course Chiken Run. It's not so much that there is anything good about it, it's a pretty standard figure/mini statue. I also found the shorts to be very cute and amusing.
Oh, okay. Fair enough.

I still don't get it though. On the DC Nation shorts, all they do is stand around and giggle; kind of like Beavis and Butthead for 5-year olds.
*shrugs*
Old 05-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #15
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Entertainment Earth’s ‘Countdown to Comic-Con’ Exclusives

Battlestar Galactica 35th Ann. Retro Tin Tote with 8-Inch Figures:

NCIS Abby Monitor Mate Bobble Head:

Dexter 3 3/4-Inch Figure in Tin Tote

Star Trek: The Next Generation Wesley Build-a-Bridge Deluxe Bobble (1 of 8):

Six Million Dollar Man Retro Tin Tote Gift Set

Doctor Who River Song’s Journal Replica
Old 05-28-2013, 11:08 PM   #16
Trigger
Hal's Understudy

Are the 3 3/4 from Graphitti Designs? I thought Guy and Larfleeze were next.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #17
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

BATMAN™ THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY PLAY ARTS -KAI- Batman™ BLACK METALLIC $64.99): This isn’t a SDCC exclusive, per say, because it is also being made available to collectors online, but the company is saying the majority of the figures will be sold on site at the SQUARE ENIX booth during the convention:

Quote:
Majority of #SDCC #Exclusive Batman figures will be sold on-site! Come early before we sell out (or order online: http://t.co/ykQMQt3fHL)

— Square Enix MD NA (@SQEX_MD_NA) May 28, 2013
If you want to purchase online and not worry about the lines, you can do so now via the SQUARE ENIX Online Store. Note that pre-orders will only be shipped, so if you really want to stand in long lines for that true con experience, it’s best to wait until San Diego.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:03 AM   #18
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazardfilms View Post
A sword... How human.
That was my first thought, too.

These are good looking figs, but I really want new characters from the GLC universe like Bleez and Hannu.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:20 PM   #19
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Toy News International has the scoop on NECA’s final SDCC exclusive for 2013, the Kick Ass 2 Uncensored “R” Rated Figures. From the description:

Quote:
“NECA’s Kick Ass 2 Series 1 action figures will hit retail shelves this August but they will be branded in a “PG” manner safe for the masses. “KA2″ will be the title on the packaging and the character names will be sanitized accordingly – KA and MF’er for example.

However at SDCC you will be able to purchase all three of the Series 1 figures first and most importantly in “R” Rated Uncensored Packaging. Sold as a set of all three individually packaged figures, Kick Ass, Hit Girl and The Motherfucker will be available at the NECA booth for $75 for the set.

Please note that the actual figures and accessories contained within will be the same as the retail releases, but the “R” Rated Explicit packaging will only be available at SDCC.

Figures.com has the scoop on NECA’s Friday the 13th Jason (1989 Video Game Appearance) Comic-Con Exclusive figure and packaging. And yes, it is as awesome as it sounds. It’ll go for $25.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:31 PM   #20
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I the "R" rated package just for Motherfucker?
Old 05-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #21
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

and Kick-Ass
Old 05-31-2013, 06:04 PM   #22
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I didn't think the word "Ass" is R-Rated.

Angry Birds goes classic Star Wars in this SDCC exclusive reveal

Quote:
ANGRY BIRDS™ STAR WARS®SPECIAL ACTION FIGURE SET
Approximate Retail Price: $24.99

The original 12 STAR WARS action figures are re-imagined for San Diego Comic-Con with a twist based on the mega-hit mobile game ANGRY BIRDS STAR WARS from Rovio Entertainment! LUKE SKYWALKER, PRINCESS LEIA, HAN SOLO, OBI-WAN KENOBI, CHEWBACCA, R2-D2, C-3PO, DARTH VADER, STORMTROOPER, SAND PEOPLE, IMPERIAL NAVY COMMANDER and a JAWA are all re-imagined as heroic birds or evil pigs in this set, with each figure in a unique vintage-style blister card featuring ANGRY BIRDS homage to the classic Kenner artwork! The individual blister cards are all packaged together in a collectible package!
Old 05-31-2013, 06:17 PM   #23
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Me neither but you know how uptight parents get.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:41 AM   #24
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
I the "R" rated package just for Motherfucker?
That's a mystery? The F-bomb will get you banned from a lot of PG-13 type message boards. I think it's still in the group of 7 words that can't be said on network TV.

Quote:
I didn't think the word "Ass" is R-Rated.
[/IMG]
Think of it this way: if it's the kind of word that might get a grade/jr. high school kid detention, it's in the R category.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #25
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Entertainment Earth

Quote:
Star Trek The Original Series Fine Art Coasters Set of 40, Series 1: Coast into the final frontier while protecting your Earth-bound furniture with this astonishing set of 40 coasters derived from the Star Trek: The Original Series Art Program that includes inspiration from The Original Series with 80 movie-style pieces of art eclipsing every episode of the initial Star Trek television series, including the first pilot. Crafted of cork backed, laminated wood and arriving in a laminated-wood Enterprise box, each coaster measures approximately 5 3/4-inches tall x 3 3/4-inches wide and displays a 4-color image unique to a specific poster and episode.

Quote:
Venture Bros. Death’s Head Monarch & Dr. Mrs. The Monarch 8-Inch Figures in Tin Tote Gift Set: This follow-up to our first Venture Bros. Tin Tote Gift Set (with Rusty Venture and Jonas Venture Sr.) features an entirely new and exclusive tin tote with original artwork specifically commissioned for and designed by the creators of The Venture Bros. for this set. The tote comes packaged with exclusive fully articulated 8-inch scale EMCE action figures of Death’s Head Panoply Battle Armor Monarch and Dr. Mrs. The Monarch, as well as 3 1/2-inch PVC non-articulated figurines of Tim-Tom and Kevin! 8-inch scale figures sport real fabric clothing and a 1970s retro style that accurately portrays that distinctive action-comedy mix that has become synonymous with the TV series.