The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Sector 0
FLASHCHAT

Sector 0

Old 10-03-2016, 05:29 PM   #1
EmeraldGladiator
Manhunter Repairman

Default Any chance Hal gets Justice League of America membership?

OK it appears that they are keeping all the Lanterns in space besides Jess and Baz. I only ask because Ivan Reis has just been named as artist for the title and I long to see Ivan consistently draw Hal again. Also in order to minimize the impression of this be the poor man's JL title tptb might need some A-list talent on the roster to go along with Ray, Vixen and the Atom. DC sent Hal to Europe for the same reason on the JLE title. Unless they (gasp?) break up the Trinity, Hal might be the best option to increase the viability of the JLA team. It can't be Martian Manhunter because they tried that and it didn't seem to work. Here's hoping, besides I would like for Hal to have some on Earth interaction too, and there is no time or space for that in HJ&tGLC.
EmeraldGladiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:01 PM   #2
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Well, I can say that if they DON'T put SOME GL in the JLA, then I probably won't be picking it up. The lineup announced so far isn't inspiring me to do so.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:40 PM   #3
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

I'm going to say no. Based off the lineup announced so far the roster appears to be based off the DC CW-verse, so I'm assuming Green Arrow, Supergirl and The Flash will round out the lineup.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:10 PM   #4
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
I'm going to say no. Based off the lineup announced so far the roster appears to be based off the DC CW-verse, so I'm assuming Green Arrow, Supergirl and The Flash will round out the lineup.
Somehow that escaped me. I think you may be right. Though that raises the question of whether Barry will be in both, or will he leave JL?
Old 10-03-2016, 10:35 PM   #5
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

I think he'll be in both but I'm not basing that off anything concrete, just my gut.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:00 AM   #6
Kane2814
Weaponer of Qward

I would not want Hal to be in this title. Reminds me of JLE - he'd be there to hold down the "we need an original member to give it legitamacy" slot, but the title would be more about those spotlight characters. Just a guess...
Kane2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:42 AM   #7
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward

This is the lineup I wanted for the JLA

I would see Hal, Green Arrow & Black Canary as like the trinity of the team with Hal being more in the leader role, Vixen & Martian Manhunter would grow close to each other, and then Firestorm & Blue Beetle would be the young recruits on the team with Shazam being like a big bro mentor to them. It might seem like a random bunch but I think its a good mix of some of DC's heavy hitters with some lesser known characters that are popping up on the CW.

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527
CeltiC5-27 is offline   Reply With Quote