No announcement yet.

How would you "FINISH" off Simon Baz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to ponder different ways to get rid of Simon Baz, and most of them involve him losing his ring at the worst possible moment. And crossed with nobody in the superhero community even caring enough to look for his body. Something with some humorous irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
      I like to ponder different ways to get rid of Simon Baz, and most of them involve him losing his ring at the worst possible moment. And crossed with nobody in the superhero community even caring enough to look for his body. Something with some humorous irony.
      Well, if you wanted it to be ironic, it would have to be something his backup gun couldn't stop ... or maybe even better it somehow backfires or ricochets or backfires in a way that kills him. That would be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        Well, if you wanted it to be ironic, it would have to be something his backup gun couldn't stop ... or maybe even better it somehow backfires or ricochets or backfires in a way that kills him. That would be funny.
        I'm smelling what you're cooking!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
          I would argue with you that every hero deserves more than that, but I'd be a hypocrite. One of my wishes for Avengers 2 is for Hawkeye to die during the opening credits, and no one notices until the post-credits scene as the interesting characters sit around a table and try unsuccessfully to remember his name.
          Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

:Moderator:

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
            Futures End is five years in the future. Very early on in those five years, Darkseid attacked and conquered Earth 2. The survivors had to escape through Mr. Terrific's portal to the main New 52 Earth. Which created a massive overpopulation boost, tensions, and eventually an outright Israel/Palestine type war. All of this will be the focus of the third weekly, "Earth 2: World's End", launching in October. Which will be in-continuity and in synch with the other New 52 books.
            Earth 2 has not officially been cancelled yet, but I don't see a future for it given these circumstances.
            Where did you find all this out? That info is not in the FE comics themselves is it?
            sigpic
            Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

If it were up me, I'd have Simon die hard and by choice, realizing that he would likely meet his end for the benefit of civilians. Then his ring finds an all-new unassuming alien successor in classic fashion, who then completes Baz's mission w/ the aid of messages he left in the ring.

And he shames Kyle on his way out, saying something like "I'm cleaning up your mess, you know?" or "you really want to be The One, don't you?" That would be great.
              "A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders."

Comment

Originally posted by Bat22 View Post
                If it were up me, I'd have Simon die hard and by choice, ...
                So, you want the one Muslim character to go on a suicide mission?

Comment

Less suicidal and more selfless as Barry giving his life for countless others, or the Doom Patrol for 14.
                  "A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders."

Comment

If Simon goes the Barry route, then we'll find out years later that he didn't really die, and in fact all Green Lantern power past, present, and future, flows directly from him.
                    The last fan of 1990s comics
                    Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                      If Simon goes the Barry route, then we'll find out years later that he didn't really die, and in fact all Green Lantern power past, present, and future, flows directly from him.

Comment

Working...
                      X