0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    60.00%
    40.00%

Some highlights:

1.) Zilius Zox's finest hour
    2.) The truth behind Rankorr...was inside Rankorr
    3.) More Red rings than you can shake a stick at, all poured upon Earth. (This should give the roleplayers their spinoff point.)
    4.) No one cares about Skallox
    5.) Batman cameo (and one punch threat)
    6.) Supergirl (post-RL) comes to help

It's not over yet, there's still a cliffhanger for RL #34.

Comment

This issue made me sad

Comment

:Moderator:

I quite enjoyed this issue. One of the better Lantern titles to come out in a while actually.

Any predictions on how Guy is going to stop Atty? Maybe John will show up with some GLs? I wouldn't mind (can't believe I"m saying this...) if Simon Baz showed up as well, he should be there since he is Earths GL now.

Poll Added.
        sigpic
        Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
          This issue made me sad
          I am not happy about that. But it was a good issue.

Comment

I'm glad that Rankorr is okay. It was mostly an act, even though he had a Red inside of him.

Comment

When I saw that Rankorr was okay, I actually pumped my index fingers in the air and chanted, "YES! YES! YES!"

Comment

i really liked zox

Comment

Am I the only one that feels like it was odd that, apparently, none of Earth's other heroes bothered doing squat until after Atrocitus dropped a jillion rings on Earth?

I mean, Red Lanterns are powerful, sure, but you mean to tell me that a few single Red Lanterns managed to trash cities and landmarks all over the world with NO other heroes stopping even one of them? It was like the writer ignored the shared DC Universe until he wanted to toss Batman in to make a "one-punch" reference.

I'm generally fine with the fact that other heroes don't keep showing up whenever the title's main character is fighting somebody, but when you start having individual villians doing massive damage without the title's star around, and nobody else steps in... then it feels a bit off to me.

It's one thing if the villains have overwhelming power (either because they are some event-level threat, or have some huge army) and the other heroes can't reasonably stop them, but individual Reds? And not even Atrocitus himself? And I'm supposed to not find it odd that they manage to take out all that stuff solo without any of the other heroes stopping them? No, I found that rather jarring.

Comment

I did find it a little weird, but it's a standard of most super hero titles to ocassionally ignore the others. How many times has Flash or Batman stood against something so big and powerful you find it hard to believe Supes wouldn't show up?

On the other hand, Bats' appearance could be taken to represent what was happening all over the world. Maybe the heroes were dealing with them in their own cities and we just didn't see. It didn't last long.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      I did find it a little weird, but it's a standard of most super hero titles to ocassionally ignore the others. How many times has Flash or Batman stood against something so big and powerful you find it hard to believe Supes wouldn't show up?.
                      Yeah, but that's just it. I generally just accept it that other heroes don't pop up when the title's main hero is fighting somebody. But here the part I found jarring was that Guy wasn't there fighting the Reds. He wasn't even on the planet. And yet a couple Reds just went around the world, attacking cities and landmarks successfully all over the place, with nobody stopping them. They seemed to be treating it like Earth was defenseless without Guy and his Reds.

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      On the other hand, Bats' appearance could be taken to represent what was happening all over the world. Maybe the heroes were dealing with them in their own cities and we just didn't see. It didn't last long.
                      Well, by then there was a huge army of Reds formed of unsuspecting Earth folks. I didn't find it odd that Earth's other heroes weren't stopping THAT cold. And, yeah, I assumed Batman's appearance was indicative that the armies of Reds WERE being opposed by other heroes. That part I didn't have a problem with. It was the earlier part, where a couple lone Reds were trashing the planet to try to get people mad, and nobody managed to stop a Red Lantern that was targeting important landmarks (they didn't even attack them all at once, but traveled from one to another, I though), that I thought was very odd. Had Guy been there fighting them, it wouldn't have seemed so odd for other heroes to be absent, but Guy was off planet.

Comment

Ah, got you. Yeah, one would assume an attack on a monument or notable place would draw a response. One would think that the DC universe is now one in which the Grand Canyon etc. has been nearly destroyed, but I forget this will be ignored and/or forgotten.

Comment

Yeah that was really stretching it to have all those monuments destroyed. I guess in the DC universe the Earth is either a gigantic post-warzone dump or humans are tirelessy rebuilding everything constantly even tho we always see scenes of people walking about leisurely. I realize it's a comic but stuff like this makes it seem TOO absurd. But I guess it's good that at least something of significance finally happened in this series.

Comment

Working...
                          X