X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any news is good news

Comment

• Also forgot Strong was in Revolver too.

Comment

• Also forgot about Body of Lies. He was awesome in that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coner74 View Post
          Also forgot about Body of Lies. He was awesome in that.
          I haven't seen it, but I heard he was the only good part in that movie :\

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
            I haven't seen it, but I heard he was the only good part in that movie :\
            He was the best part of the movie. Leo was good but he has been better and Russell Crowe kinda mailed it in.

Comment

• In Nola now saw signs on Decatur St advising that the
              re will be no parking due to filming from 5 am to 9 pm on April 28. I am hoping this is green lantern and not Bruce willis' movie red

Comment

• Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
                In Nola now saw signs on Decatur St advising that the
                re will be no parking due to filming from 5 am to 9 pm on April 28. I am hoping this is green lantern and not Bruce willis' movie red
                The code name for GL in NOLA is "Moose". So be on the lookout for signs that say "Moose" and you'll know it's GL filming

Comment

• The filming was for HBO's treme
                  I might head to the garden district and see what is happening at second line

Comment

• sounds like a plan

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
                      They were going to shoot some "rooftop party" scene eventually, but I'm not sure when they have that scheduled. Ryan and Blake are supposedly both in that scene.
                      Per the email I received from my extra casting agency it will be late May - early June and all night shots.
                      Ryan will be on this shoot because this is the scene where he first uses his ring. A helicopter is going to crash into the party and it is up to Hal to use the ring to save the day.

Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
                      The code name for GL in NOLA is "Moose". So be on the lookout for signs that say "Moose" and you'll know it's GL filming
                      Correct and incorrect.
                      Moose is only one of around 12 code names that are currently being used. They are shooting a scene somewhere in Harahan (I am not giving the exact location) over the next couple of days (saw the sign BMP when I was leaving the gym this morning, plus a "Base Camp" sign on the guardrail right outside the gym).
                      I have friend that is shooting extra work with them and he said BMP (Big Moose Productions) was one of their call letters. HJ and GLC is another one.

Comment

• I wanted to snap some pix of the markers around the corner from my house so instead of driving I rode my bike over there to look "less suspicious" (someone driving and snapping photos really brings attention).

When I got to the place I actually ran into a local PA that I met on Jonah hex and chatted with him for a few. He told me that they indeed do have a bunch (would not tell me the exact amount) of code names and this was one of them (JBP). He could not give me details about that they were shooting BUT he did confirm that it is GL.

These are the pix I snapped with my phone

I blurred out my gym's name.

One of the trucks that passed right after I talked with the PA

The set is not set up but they plan on starting it today with the hopes of shooting tomorrow and into next week.

Also if anyone is in town this weekend swing by BSI comics for Free Comic Book Day..
                        I will be there with the 501st..

Comment

• "Man of Steel" in 2012 and WB working toward Justice League film

"Our sources are telling us there is a chronology in play with these movies. Batman Begins is being specifically referred to as "Action Comics #1." Translation: Nolan's Batman is the first (and only) superhero around. During Batman Begins that is. As well as The Dark Knight that is going by "Action Comics #2."

What would be the third "issue," you ask? Martin Campbell's Green Lantern. In fact, there are still on-going talks to make references to Gotham City if not Batman himself. And although Superman himself isn't around just yet in this time-line, Clark Kent does exist in Smallville - the fictional town in Kansas, not the television series. You just know somebody is going make that assumption. At the moment, that's where the "comic series" stops."

I've been saying this for a while now, Nolan's never said that there wouldn't or couldn't be other heroes, he just said that there aren't, present tense. So if they introduce other heroes with powers after Batman's already established himself, it gives him a reason to stick around, partially because he could consider people with abilities to be a liability, he always had contingency plans in the comics just in case any superhero went rogue.

Batman debuted in May 1939, Superman debuted in June 1938, Hal Jordan debuted in September-October 1959. It's not a stretch to imagine that Batman appears on the scene in Batman Begins, then Man of Steel takes place during TDK timeline, then Green Lantern happens after TDK. All they need after those films is Flash and Wonder Woman, you can use the Justice League film to introduce Martian Manhunter, I honestly think it can work.

Also, much how like Marvel has their "movie universe" that's a bit of a combination of the Earth 616 continuity and the Ultimate continuity, DC is creating their own unique movie universe that takes the best parts of the comics and creates great stories for the films.
                          InterestingJohn
                          Alpha-Lantern
                          Last edited by InterestingJohn; 04-29-2010, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• I'd gnaw off my right arm for a trailer right about now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                              I'd gnaw off my right arm for a trailer right about now!
                              This just in!

Green Lantern sneak peek on Blu-Ray release of Clash of the Titans!

Coming out July 10th!

I think I'll rent it and watch it on my co-worker's 42" flat screen

Comment

• that sounds awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X