Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Walking Thread (Walking Dead TV Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shingo Wol View Post
    WOOOO!
    Is that a WOOOOOO! to my cast list, or just a belated WOOOOO! to the news there's going to be a Walking Dead TV show?

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
      Is that a WOOOOOO! to my cast list, or just a belated WOOOOO! to the news there's going to be a Walking Dead TV show?
      I think dog boy just likes talking so his post count grows.
      The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

great news and great casting ideas!
        The Corpsman formerly known as JadeSkarab

Comment

Originally posted by Showens View Post
          great news and great casting ideas!
          Thanks!

Comment

According to USA Today, the series seems set for a late 2010 debut:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/...omics-st_N.htm

A title to keep an eye on in 2010 is The Walking Dead (Image Comics), an ongoing zombie-based graphic novel series created by Robert Kirkman. Volumes 9, 10, and 1 of TWD, respectively claimed the remaining top five sales spots among graphic novels for 2009. The Walking Dead is currently being developed by AMC as a television series. Expect the popularity of these graphic novels to explode in late-2010, once promotions and previews of the TV series begin to air.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Castle View Post
              I think dog boy just likes talking so his post count grows.
              Belated to the news of walking dead. The Cast list you made is pretty good too though.

And Bruce?

Comment

Great cast list Soze; this is awesome news.

Comment

According to USA Today, the series seems set for a late 2010 debut:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/...omics-st_N.htm
                  I figured.

Comment

Being that I love anything and everything zombie related, and LOVED the walking dead in general...I am extremely excited for this show.

Comment

From CBR:

Robert Kirkman's acclaimed zombie epic just took one more step towards a fully-fledged life on the small screen.

Variety is reporting that the AMC Network has greenlit a pilot for a "Walking Dead" TV series after reviewing the screenplay adaptation submitted by "Shawshank Redemption" director Frank Darabont. While the step does not ensure that fans will see a full show inspired by the Image Comics series hit the cable airwaves, the fact that a pilot will be committed to film for the channel known for high quality original programming such as "Mad Men" is a good sign for fans of the series.

Comment

More info on The Walking Dead getting the greenlight from the AMC website:

http://blogs.amctv.com/movie-news/20...ead-pilots.php

AMC Orders Pilots for The Walking Dead and The Killing

AMC announced today two pilot orders for The Walking Dead and The Killing. Based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman, The Walking Dead has been in publication since October 2003 and is one of the most celebrated contemporary genre comics. The Killing is based on the wildly successful Danish series Forbrydelsen. Both pilots go into production in second quarter 2010. Today's announcement marks the fourth and fifth pilot orders from AMC. The first three pilots developed were Mad Men, Breaking Bad and Rubicon, which all led to full series orders. Today's announcement comes on the heels of AMC becoming the only network in television history to win three consecutive (2008, 2009, 2010) Golden Globe awards for best dramatic series, for Mad Men.

"In a short time AMC has become known for telling the best stories on television. Today's announcement underscores the network's commitment to working with the premier talent in the industry and further supports AMC's commitment to being the home for premium television on basic cable," said Charlie Collier, president and general manager of AMC.

"The Walking Dead and The Killing are alone in their class in terms of the quality of the storytelling. Both have remarkable talent behind them, and present that rare opportunity to raise the bar significantly within a genre. It is a very exciting next step in our continuing commitment to presenting smart, sophisticated storytelling with broad appeal," said Joel Stillerman, AMC's senior vice president of original programming, production and digital content.

Previously announced as a project in development, Robert Kirkman has signed on to serve as an executive producer on The Walking Dead and three-time Academy award nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) has signed on to write, direct and executive produce. Valhalla Motion Pictures has signed on as the production company to produce the series with its chairman, Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon, The Incredible Hulk) to executive produce. David Alpert from Circle of Confusion has also signed on as executive producer.

Written and executive produced by Veena Sud (Cold Case) The Killing is a drama series based on the murder of a young girl that then prompts a major police investigation. From Fox Television Studios, The Killing is executive produced by Mikkel Bondesen (Burn Notice) from Fuse Entertainment. Fuse's Kristen Campo is also a co-producer.

About The Walking Dead
                        The Walking Dead tells the story of the months and years that follow after a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home. The comic goes on to explore the challenges of life in a world overrun by zombies who take a toll on the survivors, and sometimes the interpersonal conflicts present a greater danger to their continuing survival than the zombies that roam the country. Over time, the characters are changed by the constant exposure to death and some grow willing to do anything to survive.

About The Killing
                        The Killing ties together three distinct stories by a single murder and as the detectives assigned to the case disagree about the best course of action, they chase down a variety of leads and suspects. Along the way there are major repercussions for the victim's family, the detectives, the suspects, and the local politicians connected to the case. It is an exploration of Seattle politics; a unique portrayal of a victim's grieving family, and a study of the personal life of a cop. There are no accidents in The Killing. Everyone has a secret, and while our characters think they've moved on, their past isn't done with them.

Comment

I kind of just posted that, but whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Castle View Post
                            I kind of just posted that, but whatever.
                            Hence me saying I was responding with more info, posting up a more detailed piece with details of the executive producers and the official AMC synopsis of the show.

Comment

Hence me saying I was responding with more info, posting up a more detailed piece with details of the executive producers and the official AMC synopsis of the show.
                              Nobody cares about those details. All anyone cares about is what I post.

Comment

I can't wait for this show to start.

Soze, that's some impressive and time consuming casting ideas you've presented.

Comment

Working...
                                X