Ring Duplication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring Duplication

I think it was around this time i'm not sure,but i was reading an issue and Hal made a double of his ring,i'll try to find a pic,but whatever happened to that ring and why did he do it? i mean i found the issue torn so i only had a few pages

"Ring Duplication: Most Power Rings are capable of automatically duplicating themselves. Each duplicate typically shares the qualities and capabilities of the original ring. While the thought of an unauthorized person getting a hold of a power ring and making duplicates for nefarious purposes, their ability to inflict damage is limited because each duplicate still requires to be recharged by a personal power battery."
    This is a quote from the Dc Database

Comment

look up [Green Lantern Vol. 2 #31]

Comment

Hal give one to Ollie. Thats the ring from rebirth. Then in rebirth it duplcated and went to Guy.

Comment

I'm not so sure the rings can duplicate themselves anymore. After the Sin corps war we see a scene with Salaak producing more rings. He made a few and still had a couple hundred left to go.

Comment

Good point!

Comment

i found an issue
              but still Kyle could still duplicate remeber his ring is paralel to that of others
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Limelantern View Post
                I'm not so sure the rings can duplicate themselves anymore. After the Sin corps war we see a scene with Salaak producing more rings. He made a few and still had a couple hundred left to go.
                That scene made no sense on more than one level. First, the need to manufacture rings from scratch when duplication is well established at this point, and second, the need to make replacement rings for each of the fallen GLs in the first place, since their rings shouldn't have been destroyed in most cases, but simply sought out new owners. Yet, IIRC, the number of rings Salaak was supposedly making was equal to the number of fallen GLs mentioned by Vath Sarn in that same issue...

Comment

yeah thats what i was trying to say

Comment

Maybe Ring duplication has some risks (like out of every 10 duplications one is unstable)...like when it duplicates theres a chance that both rings will be unstable after or destroyed giving reason that all new rings are created to ensure that no side effects take place after duplication...also there are differnt beings with rings...hals ring wouldnt fit Gnort finger...maybe thats the reason new ones are made?
                    TorchBearer - BlueLantern Corps

Comment

true true

Comment

Working...
                      X