No announcement yet.

Green Lantern Statue 1:4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u have ur own comic room? good shit. i have my statue displayed with my comics. I have Gl stuff all over by bedroom lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
      I got mine today! I opened it up on the kitchen table (already opened it in the store to make sure there were no defects), then moved it to the GL shrine in my comic room. It's litterally the most beautiful GL collectable ever made. Up until now, my Hal and Alan lantern full size props have been my favorite things in my GL collection, but today they've been been upstaged!

I'm not happy with the spot I've got it at right now, but it's so heavy that I'm kind of limited as to where I can safely put it. I'll figure out a permanent spot for it later, but right now Hal's in the middle of my Rainbow Brigade figure display, lol.

My staue is like 641 or 614, can't remember which. Next time I go in there I'll look again.
      I just got mine today - #0062! You're so right that this has to be the best looking GL item made...probably only to be upstaged by the 1/2 scale bust later this year! Had to make this the centerpiece of my GL shrine...er comic room/home office!

Comment

Got mine today! 0008. Love it, if only the rest of the DCD MQS pieces were up to par with this one and I'm praying for more Lantern entries. I'd love to get an Alan Scott like this.

Comment

This isn't a necropost; I actually have a question for anyone with this statue. About a year ago, I took the batteries out of the lantern on my statue when they began to dim. I meant to replace them, but now I can't remember what type of batteries they were. They weren't the usual AA or AAA, but some kind of thick, round batteries. Can anyone help me out?
          Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

I'm at work but I'll look when I get home. I should take mine out anyway so they don't corrode in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
              I'm at work but I'll look when I get home. I should take mine out anyway so they don't corrode in there.
              Thanks, Dave. That's what I was worried about when I saw the light dimming.
              Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                Thanks, Dave. That's what I was worried about when I saw the light dimming.
                I can't get that damn thing open! It's the top of Hals lantern right? I still have the clear tab inserted that prolongs the life of the battery, and its inserted in the neck of the top cover. Does it unscrew, pop off or what?

Comment

I found a lantern in 1/4 to replace that of the statue. They are the lanterns of the blackest night series, they go perfectly for a replacement... Otherwise I have never unsettled the lantern to change piles, but I am curious to know how we make...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                    I can't get that damn thing open! It's the top of Hals lantern right? I still have the clear tab inserted that prolongs the life of the battery, and its inserted in the neck of the top cover. Does it unscrew, pop off or what?
                    You have to twist and pull the end with the logo, then unscrew the end of the battery compartment. This is what it looks like inside, but there are no battery type identifiers anywhere on the statue or box.

Originally posted by krona1968 View Post
                    I found a lantern in 1/4 to replace that of the statue. They are the lanterns of the blackest night series, they go perfectly for a replacement... Otherwise I have never unsettled the lantern to change piles, but I am curious to know how we make...
                    I'll keep that in mind.

Comment

thanks for your help Big Blue Lantern !

Comment

I cannot for the life of me get this thing off! I feel like I am going to break the lantern if I pull or twist the top of the lantern any harder. And the handle is wired through the statues hand so I can't take the lantern by itself and work on it gently. Does the wire hamdle pop out so I can play with this thing without damafing the statue?

Comment

Never mind. I got the lantern's wire handle to pop off without breaking it. Taking the lantern by itself out of my comic room so I can mess with it easier.

Comment

Lol the top does just slide off...

Comment

Lol I can't find a screwdriver tiny enough to take the screw holding the 2 white halves of the battery compartment together. Lol...

Comment

Ha! The wife to the rescue with her eyeglass repair kit!

Got the batteries out and the specific ones you need are 3 LR44 batteries. A very common watch battery you can get at any CVS or Walgreens. Every company has their own codes, but that code is always on the package somewhere as a conversion chart. The name brands just use that code. LR 44. 3 of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X