View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 07:43 AM   #1834
Maverick_GL

Send a message via MSN to Maverick_GL
Default :Moderator:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...203-story.html

Scott Weiland, a performer known for his grunge rock voice and struggles with addiction, has died, according to his wife, Jamie.
Just saw this on Facebook. I'm not overly surprised, I don't think the guy ever really got clean for any stretch of time. I saw him about 10 years ago with Velvet Revolver, put on an underwhelming show, got high halfway through then ranted about the government and shit for a good ten minutes (made very little sense but basically the usual anti-establishment diatribe).

STP was never on my radar of bands but they had a couple good ones. I don't know if it's still around but there used to be a video of him doing an acoustic song before the drugs and fame, and it was shocking how much healthier he seemed even back then, full cheeks and wasn't skinny as a rail. Contrast that to a more recent concert with his new band and he looks like a skeleton who can barely sing his own songs.

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Maverick_GL is offline   Reply With Quote