• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
    You sure do like using that word a lot.
    It's a great fucking word.

Comment

• Fuck yeah!
      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
        Haha, you're too much.

Green since 1974!

Comment

Really good article.
          Opinion: The ‘Brightest Day’ Lies Ahead for Green Lantern

http://modernmythmedia.com/ModernMyt...n_Lantern.html

This is just another "cross-your-fingers" article that there's a sequel, so the sequel can correct all the first films shortcoming. For example:

It’s too late to go back and tell the origin; Warner Bros. has to cut its losses there and start making good on its SW comparisons while focusing on the relationships between various members of the Green Lantern Corps.

Hal Jordan’s emotional arc missed the foundation of an adequate presentation of his relationship with his father and his family. His relationship with Sinestro was not developed anywhere near the level it needs to be at for Sinestro’s inevitable turn to have any real meaning or impact. The next film must take the time to show a bond of friendship and respect formed between the two characters so that their eventual rivalry will feel as tragic as it should.

GL 2 will have a lot of ground to cover both in terms of action and character depth... The studio has already hit the fast forward button with its teaser during the credits...
          I'd say the comparison to Star Wars are pretty fair. To bad, it's comparable to Star Wars - Episode One: The Phantom Menace.
          Darth_Primus
          Guardian of the Universe
          Last edited by Darth_Primus; 06-22-2011, 12:17 AM.
          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• FEAR IS MY ALLY

Comment

and praying too!
              I was just going to post that article but you beat me to it lol

Comment

• Not sure if this was posted or not but did anyone see the People magazine review of the movie, it is the worse review ever, not because they gave it a bad review because the review it self was bad, really bad. They completely forgot to mention Mark Strong, basically said everyone else was bad except Reynolds who couldn't "save" the film. I'm like does this person know what they are talking about, but the best part was when he said Hal's backstory was taken from Top Gun...really?!? Tom Cruises character in Top Gun was actually partially based on Hal not the other way around. I think I'm boycotting People from now on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Godmera View Post
                  Not sure if this was posted or not but did anyone see the People magazine review of the movie, it is the worse review ever, not because they gave it a bad review because the review it self was bad, really bad. They completely forgot to mention Mark Strong, basically said everyone else was bad except Reynolds who couldn't "save" the film. I'm like does this person know what they are talking about, but the best part was when he said Hal's backstory was taken from Top Gun...really?!? Tom Cruises character in Top Gun was actually partially based on Hal not the other way around. I think I'm boycotting People from now on.

You probably should have been boycotting People Magazine already...

Comment

+ YouTube Video
                    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by Godmera View Post
                      Not sure if this was posted or not but did anyone see the People magazine review of the movie, it is the worse review ever, not because they gave it a bad review because the review it self was bad, really bad. They completely forgot to mention Mark Strong, basically said everyone else was bad except Reynolds who couldn't "save" the film. I'm like does this person know what they are talking about, but the best part was when he said Hal's backstory was taken from Top Gun...really?!? Tom Cruises character in Top Gun was actually partially based on Hal not the other way around. I think I'm boycotting People from now on.
                      I could see why People magazine made the comparison to Top Gun. I mean, Hal did go into a flat spin, he hit the brakes and the drones flew right by, he left his wingman and got reprimanded for actions by his bosses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                        I could see why People magazine made the comparison to Top Gun. I mean, Hal did go into a flat spin, he hit the brakes and the drones flew right by, he left his wingman and got reprimanded for actions by his bosses.
                        Don't forget the super awkward beach volleyball scene with Tom, Hector, Hal and Sinestro...

Comment

Don't forget the super awkward beach volleyball scene with Tom, Hector, Hal and Sinestro...

Comment

• Forgive me if this has been posted but with a ridiculous number of pages/posts (can we please start a new one now?) but have a look at this:

http://mightygodking.com/index.php/2...s-interesting/

I've had BIG problems with the editing and, if true, this totally explains everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Allred View Post
                              Forgive me if this has been posted but with a ridiculous number of pages/posts (can we please start a new one now?) but have a look at this:

I've had BIG problems with the editing and, if true, this totally explains everything.
                              Yeah, if true that pisses me off. Many people had an issue with the movie being "lifeless"...well now we know why. Way to cost yourself millions in revenue WB.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Allred View Post
                                Forgive me if this has been posted but with a ridiculous number of pages/posts (can we please start a new one now?) but have a look at this:

In light of this article, which I completely believe, I might skip seeing the movie theater & wait for the DVD.

Comment

Working...
                                X