• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• DC Comics APRIL 2020 Solicitations

Comment

• Ooooh, Joker is going to have a Sienkiewicz variant. Can't wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
            A few thoughts:
            • I wonder if any non-Batman characters will get some of these anniversary specials.
            • I am very excited for that Brubaker/Stewart Catwoman story.
            • Joker War? Meh, we just had the "War of Jokes and Riddles" not too long ago.
            • With Joelle Jones leaving Catwoman, I hope she ends up on a non-batcharacter book, spread the wealth around.
            • So back in October it was announced that G. Willow Wilson and Nick Robles would be taking over The Dreaming with issue #19. Come April issue #20 will still have the previous creative team and is the final issue. Hopefully they'll just be relaunching it with a new #1.
            • Hope The Batman's Grave not being in the solicits just means it's just skipping a month rather than it being a sign of longer delays.
            • This was pointed out to me recently, the Wonder Woman book will have had 4 different art teams in 6 issues come April. I don't believe the book has had the same art team do 3 issues in a row since 2017.
            • Covers I like:

Comment

A few thoughts:
              • I wonder if any non-Batman characters will get some of these anniversary specials.
              The trend started with Action Comics #1000. Wonder Woman #750 ships on Wednesday, with Flash #750 not far behind. They will continue these on the backs of completists getting every cover of every issue of the books they like - until those backs break.

Comment

• The path to DC’s future continues to unfold in Generation One: Age of Mysteries! On sale in May, Generation One: Age of Mysteries is the first of five oversized Prestige format one-shots, each detailing a different age in DC’s storied, super heroic legacy!

Generation One: Age of Mysteries follows DC’s Generation Zero: Gods Among Us, in stores on Free Comic Book Day 2020.

“The Generation series of specials are built to bring the new DC timeline to life,” said DC Publisher Dan DiDio. “With Generation One: Age of Mysteries and every subsequent volume we’ll be shining a spotlight on the 80-plus-year publishing history of the DC universe while charting the course for the bright future of DC’s characters. All of our greatest stories and events will create the backdrop and context for the great new adventures we have planned. Everything counts, and we guarantee there’ll be surprises along the way!”

Readers of Generation One: Age of Mysteries will witness firsthand major events from throughout the history of the DC universe as seen through the eyes of characters like Wonder Woman, Lucius Fox, Alfred Pennyworth, Green Lantern (Alan Scott), The Spectre (Jim Corrigan), Mister Terrific (Terry Sloane), and others. The series of one-shots will also expose secrets from DC’s history, such as:
                • What was the previously undocumented “big bang” of the Age of Mysteries?
                • Which character truly ushers in the dawn of Super Heroes, inspiring all the rest?
                • What was the real reason behind the Justice Society of America’s retirement?
                • Which Golden Age hero will become history’s greatest villain?
                • What contentious alliance kept the Wayne family dynasty alive after Thomas and Martha’s deaths?
                • Who are the new, never-seen-before wildcards that will be instrumental in fashioning DC’s push to the future?

These five books will have all the answers to these questions, setting up DC’s boldest storylines ever while laying the groundwork for more excitement to come. The five Generation issues will feature a who’s who of creative talent, with an overarching story by Brian Michael Bendis, Dan Jurgens, Andy Schmidt, Robert Venditti, and Joshua Williamson, illustrated by artists including Doug Mahnke, Bryan Hitch, Mikel Janín, Ivan Reis, David Marquez, and more.

Generation One: Age of Mysteries is scripted by Andy Schmidt, with lead art by Doug Mahnke. Each of DC’s Generation one-shots will feature a cover by Jim Cheung and a variant cover by Gary Frank. Generation Two: Age of the Metahuman, Generation Three: Age of Crisis, Generation Four: Age of Rebirth and Generation Five: Age of Tomorrow will follow monthly after Generation One: Age of Mysteries.

Generation One: Age of Mysteries is a 48-page, Prestige format one-shot on sale at comic book stores and participating online retailers on May 27, 2020.

Comment

A few thoughts:
                  https://screenrant.com/green-lantern...rsary-special/

Since the first Green Lantern was introduced in All-American Comics #16 in May 1940 by artist Martin Nodell and writer Bill Finger, the Green Lanterns have been fan-favorite characters with millions of comic book fans. From that first ring-wielding Lantern to the latest, and every strong-willed Super Hero in-between, many have spoken the Green Lantern oath and pledged to defend their home sector from evils of every nature. Now, in 2020, this corps of extraterrestrial space police built up from all alien races and places are celebrating 80 years of keeping the DC universe safe!

The celebration is set to feature eight different variant covers, as well as an incredible cover from Liam Sharp featuring all the Green Lanterns on a single page. Here's the lineup of variant cover artists and the decade they will cover.

1940’s variant cover by Nicola Scott
                  1950’s variant cover by Matt Taylor
                  1960’s variant cover by Doug Mahnke
                  1970’s variant cover by Neal Adams
                  1980’s variant cover by David Finch
                  1990’s variant cover by Philip Tan
                  2000’s variant cover by Ivan Reis and Oclair Albert
                  2010’s variant cover by Jim Lee and Scott Williams

Comment

• I gotta be honest: I am not especially thrilled by Death Metal Superman.
                    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• DC Comics MAY 2020 Solicitations

Comment

• + YouTube Video
                        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• Dark Nights: Death Metal sure is a mouthful, honestly I'm not too enthused for this series, Death Metal while fun was a bit too whacky for my tastes and this entire Perpetua storyline has felt dragged out for a while now.
                          • Soliciting Generation One with no creators credited does not fill me with confidence. Having to read the press release to find out Andy Schmidt, whose last work as a comic book writer came in 2010 fills me with even less confidence.
                          • The fact that Dan Mora hasn't gotten interior work at DC yet vexes me.
                          • Happy to see the anniversary specials expand beyond Batman characters, love the Sharp and Scott covers.
                          • Hopefully Punchline mania dies off after Batman #94. The fact that half her face appearing in a single panel in Batman #89 was enough to cause people to try and flips issues on ebay for $100 is peak dumbassery.
                          • Though I was dubious on Tynion's Batman to begin with I'm enjoying it a bit more than King's run at the moment. Tynion's Batman/Catwoman relationship has a bit more of an adversarial streak to it than King's did, which I think suits it better.
                          • Feel like the Man-Bat miniseries is a weird choice.
                          • Have absolutely no interest in a series by SGM where he's writing only.
                          • Very happy that I'm getting my wish of Robbie Thompson taking over Teen Titans.
                          • The cover for Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus Volume 3 is good enough that it almost makes me want to double dip on the series.
                          • Very happy to see Matt Wagner's Batman stuff getting recollected.
                          • Cancelling Supergirl to me is a little weird since there's like 10+ DC books selling less than it.
                          • Covers I like:

Comment

• Hopefully Punchline mania dies off after Batman #94. The fact that half her face appearing in a single panel in Batman #89 was enough to cause people to try and flips issues on ebay for $100 is peak dumbassery.
                            Hey man, I got bills to pay, and my copy's starting bid is at the low, low price of $150. Once the character takes off, new comic readers will remember how they scored a mint copy of her first half-appearance from me. You're just jealous.
                            Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• I'm looking forward to that Adam strange mini series, but I'm going to wait and buy it once when they do one hardcover for all 12 issues.

Comment

• Feel like the Man-Bat miniseries is a weird choice.
                                • Have absolutely no interest in a series by SGM where he's writing only.
                                • Cancelling Supergirl to me is a little weird since there's like 10+ DC books selling less than it.
                                1. They've been trying to turn Man-Bat into a protagonist since at least Justice League Dark. I expect him to be in Suicide Squad soon.

2. SGM?

3. This isn't a "Supergirl doesn't sell" cancelation. This is paving the way for a new series for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X