Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If there were a team comic with four Lanterns...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If there were a team comic with four Lanterns...

And three of them were Guy, Alan and Jenny, who should the fourth Lantern be?
    Ariisia
    25.00%
    Kilowog
    25.00%
    Katma Tui
    0.00%
    Todd with a GLC ring
    0.00%
    Salakk
    25.00%
    Terry Berg
    0.00%
    Other (please specify)
    25.00%

I should have made Boodikka one of the choices. Not the later, hot one, but the earlier version.

Comment

That's an odd choice for the first three. How often has Guy even appeared in the same comic with Alan before? (I'm sure it has happened, but nothing is leaping to mind.) I haven't a clue who the fourth should be without a better idea of what situation put those three together in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
        That's an odd choice for the first three. How often has Guy even appeared in the same comic with Alan before? (I'm sure it has happened, but nothing is leaping to mind.) I haven't a clue who the fourth should be without a better idea of what situation put those three together in the first place.
        You don't assemble a four-character team whose members think the same things. Nobody will want to read that. You need to use four members who have contrasting characteristics. Think about the Fantastic Four when Stan Lee was writing it. That's what works.

And you don't really think it would be hard to put those three together, do you? That's a piece of cake.

Example: Alan and Jenny pop up here from 1951, and Ganthet comes to Earth and establishes a bridge between the different kinds of Lanterns.

Or Guy and Alan could encounter each other and just decide to do it on their own. Alan and Jenny need someone to show them around the 21st century.

That Alan and Guy have never met has nothing to do with it, unless you're going to limit yourself to what's already happened. And why would you do that?

Putting the team together is the easiest thing in the world. But it needs a competent writer for the first couple of years to get it up and running. That's where it could go off the rails.
        Trey Strain
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by Trey Strain; 01-30-2019, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I still think what GL would make most sense for the fourth is influenced by what the actual situation is.

If this is a situation where Alan and Jenny are being incorporated into the GLC out in the wider universe, the fourth could be almost any alien GL.

If it is a situation where they are just on Earth, and run into Guy as part of some situation they are all dealing with, it might make more sense for the fourth to specifically be somebody Guy would call in to help, somebody he trusts and has a good relationship with.

That said, Kilowog might fit the bill for either situation, come to think of it. He and Guy seem to have a decent relationship, so Guy might go to him for assistance, but he also has been cast as a GL Trainer, so he might logically be assigned to try to integrate strange new GLs into the Corps.

Comment

Obsidian without a ring. Why would he need one?

Comment

The only problem I see with making Obsidian the fourth is that then it feels like you have a Scott family title with Guy just tacked on. If Guy's going to be in there, it seems like the fourth should tie more closely to him than the other two. At least that's how it feels to me.

Comment

Shit, that's right. Unless Guy starts dating Jade. But that would be weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                  Shit, that's right. Unless Guy starts dating Jade. But that would be weird.
                  He could date Obsidian if it'd make you feel better.

Comment

That's why I voted for Arisia. Guy could date her. Then you'd have two natural pairs on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      He could date Obsidian if it'd make you feel better.
                      I considered that for a hot second, but it really doesn't feel in character with Guy.

Comment

With two pairs on the team, nobody is just tacked on.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                          That's why I voted for Arisia. Guy could date her. Then you'd have two natural pairs on the team.
                          I'm still rooting for Hal to get back with Arisia. My favorite Hal pairing.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                            I'm still rooting for Hal to get back with Arisia. My favorite Hal pairing.
                            They need to put Hal back on Earth with Carol. The team comic I'm talking about should take place mainly in space.

Comment

Something else -- if they kept the stories reasonably short, they wouldn't have to use all four characters in every story. Two or three characters could appear in some stories. And they could even have a few solo stories of Guy and Alan.

They could also use more than one writer, to keep things fresh.
                              Trey Strain
                              Guardian of the Universe
                              Last edited by Trey Strain; 01-31-2019, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X