No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've now watched the 1st episode of season 2 of Discovery.

I'm honestly very pleased with it. The lighting was better, the writing was better and the humor was in the right places for once. It felt like Trek more than it ever has, and if the season continues like this I think the show has a chance of coming back to something good if not great.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

I really can't say enough bad things about STD. It's pretty rare to find a show that truly hates and is embarrassed by its own fandom.

That said, I'm morbidly interested to see what they do in season 3 in the 32nd century.

Comment

So season 3 begins this Thursday. Here's the opening scene of the first episode:

+ YouTube Video
        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Unbelievable. Their first fucking scene and already with the explosions, rapid fire phasering, and screaming. Didn't they say this season was supposed to be happy and hope-filled?

Also, apparently you control a 31st century ship by moving your hand around some moving nanites that all look the same?

Comment

Happy and hope filled? I heard it was going to be set in a future where the Federation is shown to have essentially failed and fallen apart. Didn't sound too happy and hope-filled to me.

Comment

i give up on STD after they f@cked up the D7 BUT now that they are so far into the future that they can't possibly f@ck up canon anymore then i will give STD another go

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I dont think i even finished the first season. I just cant buy the walking dead chick as the lead. Also klingon titties? Wtf. As a newb to trek i prefer the 60s series. I didn't care for tng. To me star trek is kirk. I also feel real sci-fi is a dead genre. Thats a rant for a different thread
              TazzMission
              Guardian of the Universe
              Last edited by TazzMission; 10-14-2020, 03:08 AM.
              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

On Youtube, Red Letter Media have trashed both Discovery and Picard, but to Andrew's point, they particularly highlighted the very non-Trek feel of constant space battles and explosions.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                  On Youtube, Red Letter Media have trashed both Discovery and Picard, but to Andrew's point, they particularly highlighted the very non-Trek feel of constant space battles and explosions.
                  I heard some possitive things about picard. See im not well versed with trek like hardcore fans like you guys. I was more a star wars farscape guy. I tried bsg the original Couldn't get into it

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                    I heard some possitive things about picard. See im not well versed with trek like hardcore fans like you guys. I was more a star wars farscape guy. I tried bsg the original Couldn't get into it
                    Picard was pure trash. The first episode was OK... the rest was just everyone and their mom shoving Picard around, the idea to take away his "privilege" one screaming woman at a time. Ending with him dying and becoming a robot. Great.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                      Picard was pure trash. The first episode was OK... the rest was just everyone and their mom shoving Picard around, the idea to take away his "privilege" one screaming woman at a time. Ending with him dying and becoming a robot. Great.
                      Its crazy to think all these people in Hollywood cant come up with something new.

Comment

What they come up with is destroying stuff. Like destroying the characters, destroying the Federation and so on. They've been reading too many comic books.

Comment

Look at this, these are the press kits that went out to all the press to drum up interest in season 3, along with the first four episodes to review:

Big bottles of whisky! CBS is literally sending big bottles of whisky to the press. As if to say, "Look, we know they're bad, but these episodes are going to be WAY better if you're f***ed up!"

Myself, I just saw the first episode of season 3. Terrible. The writers literally don't know that the Federation and Starfleet are two different things. There's several points where they use the terms interchangeably, also incorrectly (what's a "Federation officer"? that's an oxymoron). Also, sure enough, right away there are lots of explosions, about 20 people murdered with phasers, and yes, Michael Burnham screaming and crying (twice in the episode).

Comment

If you get really drunk, you might actually like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                              If you get really drunk, you might actually like this.
                              Oh, I've tried it. Still nope.

Maybe getting blackout drunk would help. As long as you can't remember watching it.

Comment

Anyone else giggle that the initials for star trek discovery being std or is it just me? Just like clamidya the show is horrible and painful to watch and there 5 year mission is to seek out new worlds for penicillin
                                TazzMission
                                Guardian of the Universe
                                Last edited by TazzMission; 10-24-2020, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X