Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ended up buying this on the PC. I honestly can't believe Capcom could get this game so right, but absolutely fuck up their main line of games so horribly. This is survival horror done right. Which is something I've been lacking in my gaming diet. Never could get into Dead Space, and most of the indie scene was putting out some good survival horror games, but nothing that could hold my attention.

Revelations is hopefully the formula Capcom continues with in the future, I feel like I've falling in love with RE all over again.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Yeah, I played that on the 3DS. Even with the clunky second analog stick extension, this game was immersive as hell. "Mayday, mAYdAY... MAAAAAAAAYYYYYYDAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY..."

Comment

I could get into 5 & 6 but not Revelations.
        Originally posted by fearless2814.1
        ...You're a chore, you know that? You are a chore.

Comment

Originally posted by Hybrid Lantern View Post
          I could get into 5 & 6 but not Revelations.
          That's probably because you didn't grow up playing Resident Evil I-III

Instead you get the awful action movie that Resident Evil has become.

Comment

Yeah, this is the first "classic" Resident Evil since Zero, back on the Gamecube. I like 4 for what it was. But it wasn't Resident Evil. And let us not speak of 5 and 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
              That's probably because you didn't grow up playing Resident Evil I-III
              I played 1, the controls were way to clunky. First game I ever regretted getting.

Comment

Are we talking Resident Evil Re:make of 1 or the original Resident Evil from 1996? If it's the latter what the hell wasn't clunky on PlayStation in 1996...
                I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                  Are we talking Resident Evil Re:make of 1 or the original Resident Evil from 1996? If it's the latter what the hell wasn't clunky on PlayStation in 1996...
                  lol. The Resident Evil remake on the Gamecube is probably my favorite game in the entire series. I actually really enjoyed Resident Evil 4, and had fun playing Resident Evil 5 in co-op mode with a buddy, but the atmosphere was just gone.

I think if Resident Evil: Revelations proves anything is that you can incorporate the updated mechanics from RE4 and RE5, without losing the atmosphere and overall feeling of the game. Because Revelations is pretty easy to control, on the PC anyway. But most of the rooms you're in are closed in and provide a sense of urgency and foreboding, something the series has lacked for a long time.

I played the RE6 demo, and I nearly shed a tear from the shittiness of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                    Yeah, I played that on the 3DS. Even with the clunky second analog stick extension, this game was immersive as hell. "Mayday, mAYdAY... MAAAAAAAAYYYYYYDAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY..."
                    HAHA, love it. I nearly didn't want to shoot the lock off the door. And I think I uttered more than a few expletives during that boss fight.

Comment

Are we talking Resident Evil Re:make of 1 or the original Resident Evil from 1996?

If it's the latter what the hell wasn't clunky on PlayStation in 1996...
                      Metal Gear Solid.

Comment

MSG1 had some pretty stiff controls.

In other news, I preordered The Last of Us through Amazon and some how I received 20 dollars in credit towards the game and so I'll get if for 40 bucks when it comes out . YAY ME!!!

Comment

Yeah Johnny I noticed on Steam that you were playing RE:R, I want to get it myself, just dont have the money at the mo. The problem with RE 5 n 6 is that they have a bigger market than normal survival horror games. It's why they went the action route, old fans like most of us might hate them, but they do actually sell pretty well.

Which is why I'm not sure Capcom will ever return to the old format.

Besides, we have the original creator of RE new game, The Evil Within, which from the new screen shots already gives me the vibes of RE:Remake and Zero, which can only be a good thing.
                          Frank Castle
                          Alpha-Lantern
                          Last edited by Frank Castle; 05-31-2013, 06:11 PM.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

Well, Resident Evil 6 drastically sold below expectations. So hopefully that will get their heads out of their asses. And I've read up on, and checked out The Evil Within. Pretty stoked for it.

Comment

Dishonored dev Arkane takes control of Prey 2
                              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Skyrim: Legendary Edition Strategy Guide might break your bookshelf
                                Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X