No announcement yet.

Justice League movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not going to hate on Affleck. Dude's got talent. More than Snyder, that's for sure.

I'm just not certain want this move means. It doesn't seem like Affleck will have creative control over Snyder.
    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
      I'm not going to hate on Affleck. Dude's got talent. More than Snyder, that's for sure.

I'm just not certain want this move means. It doesn't seem like Affleck will have creative control over Snyder.
      I have to be forthright here, I have never liked Affleck, hate his acting...I've seen good movies but hated Affleck in them. So there's a huge bias on my part.

Comment

No Justice League Part 1 or The Batman for you then?
        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Yea Affleck is a much better storyteller than Snyder so him being involved in a role where he has input creatively is good news.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
            No Justice League Part 1 or The Batman for you then?
            No thank you. If there's a JL II with at least a Green Lantern I might think about it. I will watch Suicide Squad though, plus the other, solo movies.

If Bale came back I'd watch Batman. But unfortunately, no. Shame.

Too bad we never got Man of Steel 2. Oh I forgot, it got turned into a meh Batman movie.

Comment

I have a feeling that this movie will just suck. I also don't think I will be watching it in the theater.
              Time,Space and Will Power

Comment

Ben Affleck Executive Producing 'Justice League,' Will Assist With Rewrites
                Ben Affleck — who portrays Batman in Warner Bros.’ current superhero release Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and will reprise the role in Suicide Squad later this year, as well as in next year’s Justice League: Part 1 movie — has moved into the role of executive producer of the Justice League project. Affleck will also assist screenwriter Chris Terrio in rewrites to the Justice League script, partly to help better align the Justice League film with Affleck’s solo Batman project — which I hear is tentatively expected to release in 2018, and which Affleck cowrote with DC Comics Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns. Johns has had a significant role in the development of not only DC Comics’ monthly comic releases, but also the planning for Warner’s DC cinematic universe, and that includes a role with Justice League as well.

Part of Ben Affleck’s work on the Justice League film will include participating in the post production phase with director Zack Snyder and the film’s editing team. Affleck is an important creative voice and talent at Warner, with films including The Town, Argo, Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, Live By Night, The Accountant, Justice League: Part 1, and the solo Batman film constituting an impressive list of collaborations between the studio and the filmmaker. He won the Academy Award for Best Picture with Argo — a film that also brought an Oscar to Chris Terrio for his adapted screenplay.

Comment

BMD is reporting that Steppenwolf will be the villain for Justice League Part One.

Comment

Are they really going to call him that? Because I always had a hard time taking that character seriously because the name just made me think of the band.

Of course, perhaps nobody today recalls the band. I wouldn't know, as I don't really pay much attention to the music world.

Comment

I didn't even know that was a thing lol.

Comment

This is hard to talk about in spoiler text.

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                        Are they really going to call him that? Because I always had a hard time taking that character seriously because the name just made me think of the band.

Of course, perhaps nobody today recalls the band. I wouldn't know, as I don't really pay much attention to the music world.
                        Me too, though I suspect both reference the real-life animal and the novel by Hesse.

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                        I didn't even know that was a thing lol.
                        I think of you as kind of sophisticated and generally knowledgeable, then you say something that reminds me how young you are.

How can you not know that one? Their # song is played in ballgames. They're referenced in Major League and Pulp Fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

I think of you as kind of sophisticated and generally knowledgeable, then you say something that reminds me how young you are.
                          I figured that out early on, he doesn't think things out enough to be sophisticated. He'll read a few lines of something, then dismiss it. Sign of a kid at home. I was unnecessarily mean to the boy though, and I regret that.

In any event, I'll have to check this out, even though I'm simply not a fan of Affleck in any sense. I simply don't expect too much.

Comment

I've heard "Born to be Wild", but I never knew who the artists were until this thread. I don't know much of anything about Rock Music or Artist.

But on the topic of JL Part 1, having Steppenwolf as the main villain is a good one (if the rumor is true), helps build of the threat of Darkseid. I just hope that they plan to have Granny Goodness, Kalibak, and the Furies as threats too

Comment

ohfortheloveofgod DC/WB just give us what/who we really want, don't make us wait for it

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
                                I figured that out early on, he doesn't think things out enough to be sophisticated. . .
                                Well, "sophisticated" is probably not the right word for a pop rock song anyway, but I mean more like aware beyond his own limited sphere.

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
                                . . . But on the topic of JL Part 1, having Steppenwolf as the main villain is a good one (if the rumor is true), helps build of the threat of Darkseid. I just hope that they plan to have Granny Goodness, Kalibak, and the Furies as threats too
                                I imagine so. The only way they could skip them all is if he acted independently and I doubt that (especially with the Darkseid connection).

Comment

Working...
                                X