Justice League: Darkseid War - Green Lantern #1 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
    My understanding from the interviews I've read is that this *does* take place within the world of all the other titles, the only thing they're not going to worry about is the timing of when exactly it takes place, even if it doesn't "fit" at all. So YES, a death would have repercussions and be canon. (for as long as anything lasts these days)
    Well, given that it seems like a ton of characters die in the first few pages of this that are NOT dead elsewhere, either it DOESN'T have repercussions, whatever they say, or the deaths will all be undone by the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
      Well, given that it seems like a ton of characters die in the first few pages of this that are NOT dead elsewhere, either it DOESN'T have repercussions, whatever they say, or the deaths will all be undone by the end.
      You need to read the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        Right.

Comment

Will I enjoy it? I presume it will tell me which of my two options listed above applies.

Comment

Will I enjoy it?
            Yes, Tom King should be writing the GL.

Comment

Will I enjoy it? I presume it will tell me which of my two options listed above applies.
              I think so, I certainly did. It's one in done tie-in to an event so the plot isn't exactly the most complex but I thought the characterization of Hal was spot on and the art was good.

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
              Yes, Tom King should be writing the GL.
              Yea, I'd take King/Shaner over Venditti/Tan on Green Lantern any day of the week.

Comment

Seriously though Shaner should do more GL work:

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                  I think so, I certainly did. It's one in done tie-in to an event so the plot isn't exactly the most complex but I thought the characterization of Hal was spot on and the art was good.
                  I hate to just say yes or no. It was a pretty good issue; more philosophical and esoteric than action (centered around the concept of what Hal would do with the power of a god), although there's plenty of fighting. I doubt you'll concur with Hal's understanding of God and will, but like Hypo said it was very Hal. And certainly the art was a welcome break from Tan.

Comment

:Moderator:

While I enjoyed this issue, in the end it didn't really go anywhere or have any long lasting result. Art was great, and I liked the idea of a Mother Ring, God-Hal had a wicked costume as well.

Poll added
                    4/5
                    Maverick_GL
                    Last edited by Maverick_GL; 11-12-2015, 06:33 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

4*, did i like it yes BUT i could of used more fighting, more GOD-Hal and less young Hal being mad at what happened to his dad plus less young Hal talking to GOD-Hal (cause i saw that coming a mile away )

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I hate to just say yes or no. It was a pretty good issue; more philosophical and esoteric than action (centered around the concept of what Hal would do with the power of a god)
                        We've already seen what he would do. He'd erase the universe and create a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                          We've already seen what he would do. He'd erase the universe and create a new one.
                          Well, we've seen what he'd do under editorial fiat, anyway.
                          Mister Ed
                          Horse of a Different Color
                          Last edited by Mister Ed; 11-12-2015, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                            True. Actually, they should've addressed that this issue, but instead they acted as if this was Hal's first time with godlike omnipotence.

Comment

True. Actually, they should've addressed that this issue, but instead they acted as if this was Hal's first time with godlike omnipotence.
                              Of course, for all we know, it IS his first time with godlike omnipotence in the current continuity. It is at least his first time with such power when he wasn't being manipulated by Parallax, under the last continuity that addressed such matters explicitly.

Comment

Haven't picked up my comics in the last two weeks, but I'm getting this one. I haven't read anything from this arc so I'm in and out with this one issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X