No announcement yet.

Marvel Comics Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm going to check out either Punisher MAX or Invincible Iron Man.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
      Or, if you're like me and REALLY want to catch up on Captain America, pick up the Omnibus containing issues 1-25. Though it's not quite as good a jumping-on point, if you're more financially-restricted, the graphic novel The Death of Captain America: The Death of the Dream could be an okay jumping-on point - it's what got me hooked in the first place.

As for my recommendations, my top three would be:

Invincible Iron Man
      Thor
      Captain America
      If I could do it all again, I wouldn't read any of Bru's Cap. And Thor, we're about to have a new team. Isn't that hard to endorse, especially with Billy Tan onboard?

Originally posted by metalliccorps View Post
      Are you planning on reading Siege? The first part comes out next week and since I have an idea of what's going on in terms of Norman Osborn & etc. do you think I should pick it up?
      Yeah, you could start their if you wanted to.

All you need for Punisher MAX is one issue, but again, don't neglect the early Ennis stuff.

And I'd try FF too. You're only four issues behind, and it was the best Marvel book this month.
      The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

Read Amazing Spider-Man start with #612

Comment

Most X-Men titles are pretty solid, my favs at the moment are Cable and X-Men: Necrosha

Originally posted by Plastroncafe
          Freedom of Speech does not mean Freedom From Being Called Out For Spouting Bullshit.

Comment

Deadpool: Merc with a Mouth and Deadpool: Team Up - Kind of funny that Deadpool Team Up is what I'm most intrigued about in the DP universe. The first issue was really good. I've also enjoyed the first storyline of DP: Merc with a Mouth.

Amazing Spiderman
            : The Gaunlet has been an entertaining storyline thus far. A little silly, but entertaining. What you generally suspect from a Spiderman story.

Invincible Iron Man
            : Just got done reading The Five Nightmares, the Vol. 1 TBP. I really liked the plot and characters, art left something to be desired. Just really didn't like the style, especially of the human variety.

Dark Avengers: You said you dropped it, but I've enjoyed most of the characters in this team up. Everyone except Sentry. Moonstone, Bullseye, and Osbourne have really been carrying the series for me.

Spider Woman: A very bleak and dark comic, probably the darkest of anything I'm reading in the Marvel universe. The art is perfect for the story being told. After reading the paper edition of the comic, I recommend going on Hulu and seeing the motion comic, really adds to the experience.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Invincible Iron Man is a great read, especially in TPB format. I would also recommend Rick Remender's Punisher.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                Deadpool: Merc with a Mouth and Deadpool: Team Up - Kind of funny that Deadpool Team Up is what I'm most intrigued about in the DP universe. The first issue was really good. I've also enjoyed the first storyline of DP: Merc with a Mouth.
                I recently checked out Merc with a Mouth, and I gotta admit, its kind of fun. But its also a ton of fan service. Not that its a bad thing, but its something to think about before buying it.

Comment

Hands down Xforce is the best marvel title in my opinion
                  The Daleks you have the ability to instill great Fear welcome to the Sinestro Corps.
                  Response--- Wel---come? No We must Ex--ter---min---ate Sinestro

Comment

Recommended Marvel? Well my list looks like this:

AVENGERS INITIATIVE (old-school Avengers fun!)
                    MIGHTY AVENGERS (ditto)
                    CAPTAIN AMERICA (Ed Brubaker works wonders)
                    NEW AVENGERS (I enjoy it, I mean its a different animal to the old Avengers title, or any other but as long as you accept that it is fun, IMHO)
                    NOVA (especially if your a fan of GREEN LANTERN or GREEN LANTERN CORPS)
                    THUNDERBOLTS
                    TORCH (just because I'm a fan of Golden-Age characters)

Any of those are good, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunter View Post
                      Especially from the first arc through Killed in Action. That whole run was solid gold.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunter View Post
                        Recommended Marvel? Well my list looks like this:

MIGHTY AVENGERS (ditto)
                        CAPTAIN AMERICA (Ed Brubaker works wonders)
                        NEW AVENGERS (I enjoy it, I mean its a different animal to the old Avengers title, or any other but as long as you accept that it is fun, IMHO)
                        NOVA (especially if your a fan of GREEN LANTERN or GREEN LANTERN CORPS)
                        THUNDERBOLTS
                        TORCH (just because I'm a fan of Golden-Age characters)

Any of those are good, IMHO.
                        What's the premise of Nova? Can you give me any help getting into the issues?

Comment

Wolverine: Enemy of State is a really great trade. Buy the Ultimate Collection one, it is a softcover.

Comment

speaking of ultimate collections, i was planning to get ALIAS collection 1 & 2.

is it good ?

Comment

I've just got the 4 Alias trades, not read them yet though. So I'm no help there

I'm glad that the first poster suggested Incredible Hercules. That book is brilliant. Invincible Iron Man has also been really strong since it first came out. I also like Ms. Marvel, but that's been cancelled

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmerman View Post
                                I've just got the 4 Alias trades, not read them yet though. So I'm no help there

I'm glad that the first poster suggested Incredible Hercules. That book is brilliant. Invincible Iron Man has also been really strong since it first came out. I also like Ms. Marvel, but that's been cancelled
                                lemme know man, if Alias is good

Comment

Working...
                                X