View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 07:33 PM   #18
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

My only problem with people saying that this was just a publicity stunt (which I'm sure part of it was) is that people practically always say it was a publicity stunt of for shock value damn near anytime someone gay is used or introduced. They creator the new character Bunker for TT and people said that was just a publicity stunt too. They made Sara Lance have a lesbian relationship and people said it was just for shock value. I feel like we can't win either way. Maybe if we didn't make such a big deal everytime they add or make something gay or black it wouldn't be an issue. I swear it's like a damn parade is thrown anytime someone that isn't a straight white character gets added to something or created. But my experience has shown me that no matter how natural to the story or character it may seem people will always say it's just for shock or publicity.