No announcement yet.

Terminator: Dark Fate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My head canon is T1 and T2. And then it ends there. Nothing else ever happened.

Comment

this movie is starting to look like it's one of those "woke" movies that's only made to try and make me feel bad for who i voted for in 2016 but here's the thing i don't feel bad for who i voted for and come 2020 i'll do it again

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
        I like all of the Terminator outings to varying degrees, but it's coherency is a complete mess at this point. I really wish that the TV series could have been a narrative bridge to a future war trilogy where the franchise would have come to a definitive end. Now we have a myriad of conflicting events and alternate timelines.
        Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
          this movie is starting to look like it's one of those "woke" movies that's only made to try and make me feel bad for who i voted for in 2016 but here's the thing i don't feel bad for who i voted for and come 2020 i'll do it again
          I keep being surprised that you're able to read and write.

Comment

T3 was decent. Just remove the "you remind me of my mom" super awkward line and the "talk to the hand bit," maybe edit out the T-X controlling 2003 cars with nanites... and it's actually pretty ballsy.

T4 was... not bad for what it was. It just sold itself short in being part 1 of trilogy. If they'd started from the jump making it the big Future War payoff movie, they'd have done well. As is, it's a movie about nothing, with some good performances that don't amount to anything. Because think about it. What happened in the movie that matters? Name one thing. All I can think of is we learned where Future John got his T2 scar from... except this was an altered future so... not even that?

T5 was awful. They successfully pull some heartstrings with "Pops" but it's really a mess. I did kind of like SkyNET becoming aware of all the many tamperings and going about things differently... but the script didn't really help anything out.

And how yikes is it that if Dark Fate fails, we will have a trilogy comprised entirely of failed trilogy starters?

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post

Why is this...."thing" obstinately bringing politics into a movie thread? I would have thought by now he caught an STD from his prostitute and would be bed ridden with no internet in the swamps.

He may think hes a master troll, but he never experienced transformers earth wars global chat. They would eat him alive. Please remove his entry from this thread.

RE: the actual subject matter-I didnt mind T3 at all. The ending, though, was harsh and I remember it weighing heavily in my soul for a few days after the first viewing. The Christian Bale movie did nothing for me. It was just like "heres some stuff happening, won't do much for ya, but enjoy anyways." As I said I liked the Pops movie....am I forgetting another movie in the series?

Comment

I'd agree that T1 and 2 are the good ones, but I don't hate any of them and I find them all occasionally watchable.

For #3 I like the road-trip aspect and I love that dark, in-the-shelter ending.

In #4, I like the intro of Kyle into the action, showing how some of the Resistance works and the T 800 fight.

In #5, I like most of the Pops stuff, going back to the observatory arrival, and I love the idea that society's love of gadgets and social media pretty much means we willingly allowed Skynet,

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                  And how yikes is it that if Dark Fate fails, we will have a trilogy comprised entirely of failed trilogy starters?
                  Whoah!!! Holy crap that hadn't even occurred to me until you said it!! A trilogy of failed trilogy starters that never came to be! I don't even know what to SAY about the level of epic fail that implies.

Comment

Whoah!!! Holy crap that hadn't even occurred to me until you said it!! A trilogy of failed trilogy starters that never came to be! I don't even know what to SAY about the level of epic fail that implies.
                    That's why it's hard to get excited about this movie. When I read the director and Cameron talking about Dark Fate is designed as the start of a trilogy (again) I couldn't believe it.

Comment

That's why it's hard to get excited about this movie. When I read the director and Cameron talking about Dark Fate is designed as the start of a trilogy (again) I couldn't believe it.
                      well technically being that this is the quote unquote "true" sequel to T2 it's not the start of a trilogy it's the end of one

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

So... it's pretty well confirmed now thatJohn Connor -- as a kid -- dies in the opening 5 minutes of the movie. Just like that.

So it's all beginning to paint an unpleasant picture of the movie. All of the "strong women/weak men" stuff, them literally killing the "white savior" right out of the gate, and the evil Terminator going into Border Patrol and murdering bunches of Border Patrol agents... yeah. It isn't even trying to be subtle.

Comment

Yeah all of those things pretty much ruin the idea of this movie for me. I'm just not going to be able to let them go and enjoy it for whatever it ends up being. Pass. The political messages are awful to me. I have no interest in seeing border agents massacred as some horrid statement about the plight of illegal aliens. And the you know what part at the beginning? Screw them for doing it. Which is a shame as I've seen every other Terminator film in a theater. Ugh.

Comment

Spoiler in link image (but it's funny, and true):

https://i.ibb.co/XbFNGTH/john.jpg

Comment

Haha, it was amusing, even if it ruins my remaining love of the Terminator franchise for me.

Comment

Who woulda thunk that Terminator would become more convoluted and fractured than Highlander?
                                Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X