• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by methos View Post

um, yeah, right...

M
    custom? or where did you find it?

( I ask if it is custom since both are WB and this could actually happen, though Daffy would make more sense)
    My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

just found it on a random FTM image search...

could be legit, they've done some crazy stuff for pencil toppers, but i the website is just showing a directory listing with no actual HTML index page... so that's all i've got.

M

Comment

Ok does anyone know if this is a licensed ring? it seems to be the "Chunk" ring kind of backwards?

http://www.wickedcoolstuff.com/grlasiri.html
        My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
          Ok does anyone know if this is a licensed ring? it seems to be the "Chunk" ring kind of backwards?

http://www.wickedcoolstuff.com/grlasiri.html
          Oops, forgot all about that ring!

As far as I know, it's officially licensed, and made by GTO, same as the other chunk ring. Looking at that picture, it appears to have an inscription on the band that MAY be the copyright info line. And it's not so much backwards, as SIDEWAYS. It's like they rotated the symbol 90°, which just makes it look like it was made by a retard!

BTW, as for the other rings, hold on until the end of the week for those. I'll have MUCH better pictures and info for you than what you've found so far, especially in regards to the Official DC Direct Power Ring from 1998! I actually ordered mine from Previews when it was first offered, and I'm one of the few that still remembers all the specific info provided in Previews, that most people have forgotten all about! For starters (and as a teaser), anyone that tells you that ring is made of Sterling Silver is LYING TO YOU, plain and simple! Whether intentionally, or just from sheer IGNORANCE, they're giving you the wrong information. But more info to come on that at the end of the week!

Hell, if I could figure out where I put that issue of Previews, I'd scan the original solicitation from 10 years ago, and post it on the web for all to see!

Comment

Thanks Jack, if you have any better pics or better info of anything post it here and I will add it to the page

BTW - Page 2 is updated and I think complete now

Glasses, Cups, Mugs

Key Chains

Time Pieces

Belt Buckles

Pad Lock

all on page 2

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/web/merch2.htm
            GLJIMT
            Last edited by GLJIMT; 03-31-2008, 11:10 PM.
            My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

working on page 3 now

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/web/merch3.htm

Statues
              My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Jack T. Chance, Lord Mal, Dave C. a little help here guys?
                My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Jack T. Chance, Lord Mal, Dave C. a little help here guys?
                  At work right now, any further posts from Yours Truly on the subject are going to have to wait until tomorrow night at the earliest.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
                    At work right now, any further posts from Yours Truly on the subject are going to have to wait until tomorrow night at the earliest.
                    You said Friday

lol

anyway, I am working on the Statues page

2 questions

1. Lord Mal , the Japanese Model you have at the Mall of Oa is that licensed?

2. I keep on seeing a Kyle Rayner Statue listed on eBay that appears to be attacked to a rock as the base. From the descriptions that they have listed it appears they are claiming it is a licensed product, can anyone confirm?

unless the two items mentioned above are licensed, I believe I have completed the Statues page please inform me if I am mistaken

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/web/merch3.htm
                    GLJIMT
                    Last edited by GLJIMT; 04-06-2008, 03:16 AM.
                    My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

You said Friday

lol
                      I know, just haven't had time to take good pics of my collection yet. And that's what I'm waiting for. EVERYWHERE you go online, all you EVER see are DC Direct's original solicitation photos of incomplete prototypes for the Power Ring Props w/ Mini Busts. I'm going to provide you with clear, detailed photos of the final product, so that collectors will know what the real deal actually looks like! This is especially important with the Kyle Rayner Power Ring Prop. The prototype looked like the Kyle Rayner Power Ring included in the Planet Krypton Power Ring set. But the ring included with the Kyle Rayner Mini Bust is MUCH nicer, with a metal-flake green enamel and a dark green translucent center stone! Wait 'til I'm able to post pics of it, the ring's a beauty! One of the best that DC Direct has made!

I may also experiment with "watermarking" my photos, if my photo editing software is able to do it, to keep eBayers from stealing the pics for use in their auctions!

Now then, onto your question...
                      anyway, I am working on the Statues page

2. I keep on seeing a Kyle Rayner Statue listed on eBay that appears to be attacked to a rock as the base. From the descriptions that they have listed it appears they are claiming it is a licensed product, can anyone confirm?
                      Pictures?!?

Without seeing it, I won't be sure if I know anything about that particular statue.

Oh, and BTW, you're missing a Power Battery Prop... the FIRST one, Hal Jordan's Power Battery!

But no worries, you'll soon have pictures of mine.

I'd love to take pics of the box, too, but that depends on if I can figure out where I put it in a timely fashion.

Oh, and there's also a Justice League Snow Globe that I've been seeing on display at my local comic shop for a few years, which prominently features the animated version of John Stewart. He's projecting a force field globe around the other characters... yep, you guessed it, the glass globe of the snow globe is the force field, made out of a nice green glass... which is an idea I had at least a couple years before DC Direct made it a reality!

I'll see if I can find some pics of it for you.
                      Jack T. Chance
                      Really knows where his towel is!
                      Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 04-06-2008, 03:38 AM.

Comment

here is the pic and I did know about the snowglobe just forgot

also I never could figure out the difference between Abin and Hals Prop I figured it was the same thing since uh well it is in the comic

I look forward to seeing your pics and if you dont find the box I can always load it later if you stumble upon it

EDIT: - Just recheck DCDirect - the only Power Battery Prop which carried Hals name is the mini one which is there on the page

EDIT Number 2: JL Snowglobe added (Jack how much are they charging at your LCS?)
                        GLJIMT
                        Last edited by GLJIMT; 04-06-2008, 03:55 AM.
                        My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

If that's the one it appears to be, it IS officially licensed. It was made exclusively for... yep, you guessed it... the WB Studio Stores!

I *think* it was part of a series including other characters, but don't quote me on that.
                          also I never could figure out the difference between Abin and Hals Prop I figured it was the same thing since uh well it is in the comic
                          The first one they released is the modern one, it's "double-sided", for lack of a better term. It's design is very similar to the design of the power battery including with the "Hard Travelling Heroes" Hal Jordan figure. The Hal Jordan Power Battery Book Ends are based on its design, and coming full circle, the light-up power battery included with the 13" Hal Jordan Deluxe Collector's Figure is also based on the DC Direct prop's design!

I believe that DC Direct simply called it the Green Lantern Power Battery Prop... and I find it EXTREMELY odd that it's not listed on their site.

Abin Sur's Power Battery is "one-sided" with an "opening" on only one side, much like Alan Scott's train lantern version.
                          I look forward to seeing your pics and if you dont find the box I can always load it later if you stumble upon it
                          I'll keep that in mind.
                          EDIT: - Just recheck DCDirect - the only Power Battery Prop which carried Hals name is the mini one which is there on the page
                          Yeah, odd that. They're slipping, their site used to be very thorough!

Here's the only picture I have of it right now... pictured with a few of the rings from my collection... but it's small and crappy, so do NOT post it. You CAN, however, find DC Direct's original solicitation images on Lord Mal's site HERE! I'll have much better pics soon, including ones with the light turned on!

EDIT Number 2: JL Snowglobe added (Jack how much are they charging at your LCS?)
                          Unfortunately, it's not for sale. They have several really cool GL pieces on display between their 2 store locations, but the ones I want are being used for display only and are NOT for sale! They also have Alan Scott's Power Battery, and won't sell it!

Comment

thats cool man, very strange that DCD would not have this PB on their site, BTW which ring is that in the glass case there in the picture?
                            My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

thats cool man, very strange that DCD would not have this PB on their site, BTW which ring is that in the clear plastic case there in the picture?
                              Oh, you mean you didn't already figure out which ring that is?

That's My Precioussss!

Sinestro's original yellow power ring, made out of 14K gold!

You've seen it before, in other threads.

P.S. And no, it's NOT officially licensed! It was hand-crafted by a jeweler that used to sell GL rings on eBay up until about 2004. Most of his power rings were made of silver, but he made a very small number in 14K gold (after I suggested it), for those of us that wanted Sinestro's ring!

After I bought mine, he even made at least one with a yellow stone set into the center, another idea I gave him. I still have pictures of that one from the auction:

At least one lucky GL (or maybe that should be SINESTRO) fan has that ring in his collection RIGHT NOW, because I suggested it to the guy that made it!

P.P.S. More pictures to come LATE tonight, AFTER Fox's rerun of the Family Guy Star Wars episode!
                              Jack T. Chance
                              Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 04-07-2008, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Alan Scott Power Ring Prop and Mini Bust!

Okay Jim, here's a few new pics for you, and some more info. Not as much as I'd hoped to post tonight, I'll explain why shortly.

First off, here's a quick picture of all 3 GL Power Ring Prop Replicas W/ Mini Busts together, just because I couldn't resist doing a pic of all 3 side-by-side-by-side!

Then from there, I moved onto taking pictures of each one individually. First up: The ORIGINAL Green Lantern, Alan Scott!

This Ring Prop and Mini Bust set was released in 2001. It was the first in the series of 4 to hit stores. Since I know you like to know about this stuff, Jim, like all of DC Direct's products, it was only available through the Direct Market, meaning that you had to order it in advance from your local comic shop, or an online comic dealer, by placing a pre-order through the monthly Previews catalog. As Jim already mentioned, this one and the Sinestro one are generally the easiest to find, most likely because they are the least popular of the 4 characters represented in this product line. The bust was sculpted by DC Direct's William Paquet, and his signature/name is engraved on the bottom of the piece, as you'll see below.

Here's the final production version, from the front.

And here's the bottom of the mini bust. This is where all the ™ & © info is, along with the hand-numbering and Paquet's signature/name.

Whenever possible, I'll be providing photos like this, showing the ™ and/or © info on the items, as this can often come in handy for collectors when they're trying to tell the difference between a legitimate item and a counterfeit/bootleg/knock-off/whatever. As you can see, production on this prop and bust set was limited to 2500 pieces, and I bought 2. I have one still Mint In Sealed Box.

Jim, let me know if you want photos of the boxed item, so I know whether or not to take them.

I had planned to post a LOT more photos tonight, but as I was taking closeup pics of the ring with my camera's macro mode, my camera's battery pack decided it was running low, and as a result, my camera decided it was just going to refuse to focus on the ring (or other subject matter) at all, resulting in a bunch of blurry, unusable shots!

So there's more, LOTS more, yet to come. Looks like I'll have to post a few pics a night for several days to get it all up here, because I'm working 8-10 hours a day for the next 3 days, which will eat up a lot of my time.
                                Jack T. Chance
                                Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 04-07-2008, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X