Writer: Robert Venditti
    Artist: Billy Tan

30.00%
    20.00%
    40.00%
    10.00%
    0.00%

Okay, not great.

I'll be glad if BH is really out the picture for a while.

Comment

I thought it was a pretty good issue.

Did they kill of Black Hand? Or is he just stuck until a story involves the source wall again?

Comment

Is it just me, or did it feel like this entire issue could have been done in a couple pages? It seemed like even having to fight Black Hand again was just stretching the page count. I knew where it was going to end at the beginning of the issue (heck, during last issue, or possibly even earlier, it seemed clear).

Comment

Poll up.

Comment

Three stars. Barely.

Hal's crew onboard the treacherous starship Darlene catches up to Hal Jordan, who is carrying Black Hand to the Source Wall, where Relic is still studying it. For those wondering why, scientist Relic is the last survivor of the another universe (the one the Lost Corps got shunted into), where "Lightsmiths" drained all emotional energy in their quest for supremacy, destroying everything and causing a Big Crunch. When he awoke in our universe (care of White Lantern Kyle Rayner and the Templar Guardians), Relic decided to be more proactive and kill all the light-users in our universe. He was stopped by Hal Jordan using Black Hand to throw Relic into the Source Wall, where the titan saw Kyle Rayner refill the "emotional reservoir" with the sacrifice of most of the Emotional Entities (sans Parallax). Black Hand revived Relic and other titans from the Source Wall, which Sinestro and Hal Jordan used to defeat the New Gods in the next crossover.

So here's Hal, Relic, and Black Hand all facing off. Because when he escaped the Source Wall, Black Hand caused a problem - the Source Wall gravel that petrifies anything it touches came flowing out, hitting random planets. Hal Jordan has a solution, one Black Hand won't like one bit.

Colors were all right, but the pencils were nothing great. At times precise, at times you had blunt faces and bodies. Characterizations were spot on, as Hal proved to Relic that slow scientific study has its' drawbacks. And Hal is finally getting homesick. The Source Wall has "changed" from being made up of previous titans who dared to try and breach the final barrier to extra-universal space, to just a featureless stone wall. That's a downgrade in my book. (What is this, a Dyson Sphere?)

Closure to the current arch, not great, but not lacking too much either. We'll see how Darlene and crew get along on superhero-filled Earth next issue.

Comment

:Moderator:

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              Is it just me, or did it feel like this entire issue could have been done in a couple pages? It seemed like even having to fight Black Hand again was just stretching the page count. I knew where it was going to end at the beginning of the issue (heck, during last issue, or possibly even earlier, it seemed clear).
              The whole arc could have been done in the Annual and one issue for sure (especially considering how little the Annual meant).

Plus it feels like Black Hand has gotten the Larfleeze treatment to me, from a relatively "scary" and deranged threat to a whinner loser who misses his toys. Glad he's gone for the time being.

Now please...can something actually happen in this comic for a while?
              sigpic
              Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                Yes, this was about as small of a story as a space drama gets. It essentially came down to three characters. It wasn't bad, but the story just simmered for several issues and never really got hot.

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
                The whole arc could have been done in the Annual and one issue for sure (especially considering how little the Annual meant).

Plus it feels like Black Hand has gotten the Larfleeze treatment to me, from a relatively "scary" and deranged threat to a whinner loser who misses his toys. Glad he's gone for the time being.

Now please...can something actually happen in this comic for a while?
                I like Black Hand and I don't mind him being a little immature, but he came off more like a petulant child than a sinister threat. I hope he returns to the psychotic mess he was during Blackest Night.
                Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Working...
                X