• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Dragon01 View Post
    I disagree with this.
    I disagree with you disagreeing.

Comment

I beat Final Fantasy XV. Eh... not bad, but the "open world" it provides is largely an illusion. Overall I think even XIII entertained me more.

Comment

Anyone else excited for the FFVIII remaster coming out next week?
        I've already decided it's gonna be my next platinum trophy.
        Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
          Anyone else excited for the FFVIII remaster coming out next week?
          I've already decided it's gonna be my next platinum trophy.
          I'll get it for sure. I wonder it it breaks the disc 4 thing, where you can't go back to certain towns anymore.

Comment

Played through the Ifrit cave last night. The remaster looks very good; the new character models are well integrated, and the FMV up scaling is crisp and clean. Some of the backgrounds are unfortunately blurry, though, making the new models stand out a bit too much, but such as it is. My only real complaint so far is that they've removed the gunblade vibration feature. At first I just assumed it was set to be off by default, but alas, there is no option to turn it on in the Config section of the menu. A minor annoyance, but still. Regardless, I think it should prove to be a fantastic ride through memory lane. Plus, all the trophies seem simple enough, so it should be an easy platinum.
            Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
              Yeah, XII is better than X, X-2, XIII and its sequels.
              That's pretty high praise. I played a bit into XII the first time around but sort of lost interest after a couple of days. They weren't really selling me on the characters at the offset. Also... the design of the main character is pretty offputting. It's even more weirdly impish and feminine than Tidus'. What is it with Square wanting to make all the main dudes look increasingly more like 90s Meg Ryan?

That said, I did buy FF XII: The Zodiac Age remaster for PS4, but it's been sitting by the TV for a year now. I haven't even opened it.

Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
              Played through the Ifrit cave last night. The remaster looks very good; the new character models are well integrated, and the FMV up scaling is crisp and clean. Some of the backgrounds are unfortunately blurry, though, making the new models stand out a bit too much, but such as it is. My only real complaint so far is that they've removed the gunblade vibration feature. At first I just assumed it was set to be off by default, but alas, there is no option to turn it on in the Config section of the menu. A minor annoyance, but still. Regardless, I think it should prove to be a fantastic ride through memory lane. Plus, all the trophies seem simple enough, so it should be an easy platinum.
              That's dumb, why would they remove the gunblade vibration? Maybe they can patch it in later, at any rate.

My ratings of the FF games in order of best to worst:

IV
              VI
              VIII
              IX
              VII
              X
              XV
              XIII
              II
              V
              XII
              III
              I

It doesn't make much sense for me to include XI or XIV in the listing, as they're MMORPGs. I mean, I spent years and years playing XI (just a bit playing the first incarnation of XIV) but that doesn't make it the best FF game.

Also, I really loved that FF IV: The After Years is a thing. That really made me happy to play through.

Comment

In VII Remake I'm up to the Hell House in Wall Town and keep dying. Very frustrating.

Comment

The trailer for Final Fantasy XVI. Looks OK. More action stuff like the last game... this time going full medieval. I suspect "Game of Thrones" was the full-on inspiration for this.

+ YouTube Video
                  ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Probably will come out in 12 years.

Comment

Working...
                  X