Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unresolved Green Lantern/GLC plot threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unresolved Green Lantern/GLC plot threads?

What are some you can think of? Here's what I can remember not seeing any kind of resolution...

1. The 10 New Laws in the Book of Oa from after the Sinestro Corps War. If I recall, there was #1: Lethal Force is Authorized Against just the Sinestro Corps. And then, #2: Lethal Force is Authorized Against All Enemies of the Green Lantern Corps (which sort of nullifies the first law). I think there was a third but I don't remember what it was, but that was it.

2. Cowgirl, Hal's girlfriend. Where'd she go?

3. Evil Star. He was teased heavily early in Geoff's run on Vol. 4, then later seen in a bit of a retcon that showed him being responsible for the tweaking of the Shark and Black Hand's powers. His return was nigh... but then... nothing.

4. The Black Entity. First it was thought to be inside Black Hand... but then it was said that Black Hand was the Black Entity (which is weird... where was it before he was born?). But to my recollection we've neither seen anything of it or received better clarification.

5. Sodam Yat's final Green Lantern days. He went off in space in Emerald Warriors with Zardor, who was mind-controlling him. Next he was recently seen in GLC back on Daxam, no longer a member of the Green Lantern Corps. What happened?

6. Sinestro killing Kyle's mom. Not one word has been spoken about it since Sinestro dropped the bombshell in the Sinestro Corps War special. And Kyle and Sinestro have encountered each other a few times since then.

7. Kraken. She was made into an Alpha Lantern, possessed by Granny Goodness in Final Crisis, and defeated. But not killed... just never seen ever again. What happened to her? And while we're on the subject, what's the status of Raker, the other GL assigned to Apokolips?

8. Justice League of America #0, the last volume. Who is Hal marrying? Will we ever know?

I'm positive there's more but that's all I can think of now. Can you think of other big ones?

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
    What are some you can think of? Here's what I can remember not seeing any kind of resolution...

1. The 10 New Laws in the Book of Oa from after the Sinestro Corps War. If I recall, there was #1: Lethal Force is Authorized Against just the Sinestro Corps. And then, #2: Lethal Force is Authorized Against All Enemies of the Green Lantern Corps (which sort of nullifies the first law). I think there was a third but I don't remember what it was, but that was it.
    I think they stopped with Law #3, which was no relationships between GL's and they changed their mind on that one.

4. The Black Entity. First it was thought to be inside Black Hand... but then it was said that Black Hand was the Black Entity (which is weird... where was it before he was born?). But to my recollection we've neither seen anything of it or received better clarification.
    I think Nekron is supposed to be the actual entity and Black Hand is just what allows him to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
      I think Nekron is supposed to be the actual entity and Black Hand is just what allows him to be.
      No, they directly said he's not the Black Entity. And that'd be weird, anyway, as he'd be like the only self-aware talking entity.

Comment

Black Hand is the entity. As for what happened before Black Hand was born, it could easily be said that he's been that in his previous lives.

Comment

What was up with Scarabs attacking Odym (Blue Lantern Homeworld)? Did they go on to the next planet, still there, or did they get pushed back? Seems like that plot got dropped when Blue Beetle New52 was cancelled.

What happened with the New God who was tempted by Sinestro's yellow ring?

Comment

5. Sodam Yat's final Green Lantern days. He went off in space in Emerald Warriors with Zardor, who was mind-controlling him. Next he was recently seen in GLC back on Daxam, no longer a member of the Green Lantern Corps. What happened?
            He got abducted and imprisoned by the Durlans. Once freed, he chose to stay on Daxam, because his leaving is what brought the Durlans' attention to his planet, where the Durlans committed genocide on the Daxamites.
            ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
              He got abducted and imprisoned by the Durlans. Once freed, he chose to stay on Daxam, because his leaving is what brought the Durlans' attention to his planet, where the Durlans committed genocide on the Daxamites.
              But what happened to Zardor? He just let them take Sodam Yat away? Or maybe he traded Sodam to the Durlans in exchange for something... there's a story in this we're just not getting.

Comment

7. Kraken. She was made into an Alpha Lantern, possessed by Granny Goodness in Final Crisis, and defeated. But not killed... just never seen ever again. What happened to her? And while we're on the subject, what's the status of Raker, the other GL assigned to Apokolips?
                I was just thinking about this again today. Has there been anything on this?

Comment

In Superboy #47 (Jan '98), Kyle and Superboy fight off "Pele" and Silver Sword. Silver Sword eventually turns against the deity (or whoever it was) and proclaims that she wasn't the real Pele since she was acting evil. To my knowledge, we never got any further info on who this character was.
                  Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Remember when John was given internalized power and the ability to walk again just before Hal/Parallax died in Final Night? I wonder if that was always meant to be super short-term or if there were other plans for John Stewart at that point in time?

Comment

Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
                      Remember when John was given internalized power and the ability to walk again just before Hal/Parallax died in Final Night? I wonder if that was always meant to be super short-term or if there were other plans for John Stewart at that point in time?

If anyone gave a hoot it'd be a hell of a thing to see that power taken away.

Comment

Yeah they crippled John twice didn't they?

Comment

I remember once. I think. But I just mean that even now, he's walking simply because of Parallax-given power. That's still in there. And technically so is the reason that Ollie is still alive. Both walking on Parallax power.

That could be a whole story.

Comment

Nah, my brain can't accept that. I think Hal repaired the damage to John's spine so it's a done deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                              Nah, my brain can't accept that. I think Hal repaired the damage to John's spine so it's a done deal.
                              Per the Hand of God (Ion 1.0) story that ended in GL#150 Kyle removed the residual energy on John's spine in issue #147. I just wonder if John getting the power was ever going to go anywhere other than the one scene in Emerald Knights.

Andrew's got a point though... Ollie Queen might still have some P-lax in him....

And if you bring in the issues of GL vol. 4.... Barry Allen and later post DC Rebirth Superman have both been 'touched' by Parallax energy actually becoming Parallax short-term.

Comment

Working...
                              X